[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

Hi! Very cool mod. Realy. But i found bug in "nuclear" part's. When I select multiple parts with "Alt" key & RMB (Centrifuge, Nuclear reactor or Fuel storage) no "transfer" content in menu. KSP 1.3 (x64) no any mod's installed.

Sorry my english :)

Spoiler

8 hours ago, thehu said:

Hi! Very cool mod. Realy. But i found bug in "nuclear" part's. When I select multiple parts with "Alt" key & RMB (Centrifuge, Nuclear reactor or Fuel storage) no "transfer" content in menu. KSP 1.3 (x64) no any mod's installed.

Sorry my english :)

This is not a bug - it's by design. 
Paraphrasing @DStaal here:
EnrichedUranium is hard to transfer by design - and the mods that include it include ways to transfer it when you need to; you should use those.  Usually that means having a store of it nearby, and sending out an Engineer to do the manual transfer. Thankfully this is mostly a rare occurrence. Note that this advice is meant as 'try it the way the mod makers intended it to work before you start overriding them - you may find they thought it through'

Specifically, it's due to the resource not being transferable as that's how it's configured in the CRP. If you REALLY want to change it for your game, you'll have to change the mode to PUMP in your config file if you want to be able to move it around.

https://github.com/Nils277/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/blob/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CommunityResourcePack/CommonResources.cfg#L609

Edited by wile1411
clarity

Hi, so apparently with today's release of 1.3.1 my KSP installation crashes when I try to open it. If I uninstall this mod it runs, so I am sure that this mod is the problem. I was right in the middle of a Mün base when the new version came out (was literally just playing it today), didn't know there was going to be an update that would make this mod incompatible. Any idea when a fix will come out?

Update to 1.5.3 and 1.5.4

Changelog:

Update:

• Recompile for KSP 1.3.1 (1.5.4 only)

General:

• Updated CCK

New Parts:

• Added drill for dirt for OSE-Workshop

Bug Fixes:

• Added missing light animation to middle and end airlocks
  • Fixed typos from 'save' to 'safe'
  • Fixed IVA of OSE Workshop causing visual artifacts when JSIATP is installed
  • KPBS does not create new files anymore to prevent issues with CKAN

Misc:

• Adapted licenses (there are now two separate licenses for code and assets)

Download:

oYvtZpW.png UVVt0OP.png lMOxt2k.png

Important:
Due to some incompatibilties between KSP 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 there are two version of this update.

Version 1.5.3 works with KSP 1.3.0

Version 1.5.4 works with KSP 1.3.1

@dawei I was aware of the problem. And patience please, KSP version 1.3.1 has only been available for a few hours now.

Edited by Nils277

@Nils277, drill for dirt cfg has a wrong path for the model (in 1.5.3 at least).

Btw, would you consider adding base-size KIS containers (10k large and 5k small), since to produce something kinda big - like a drill - one have to rely on third-party containers.

Also, what about adding small xenon output as a by-product for reactor operation?

Update to 1.5.5 and 1.5.6

Changelog:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed path of the dirt drill for OSE-Workshop

Download:

Version 1.5.5 works with KSP 1.3.0
Version 1.5.6 works with KSP 1.3.1

@Bloody_looser

Adding bigger KIS container might come in the future.

I don't think that adding Xenon as a by-product of the reactor would make sence. Especially because the Centrifuge is already able to do so. 

Edited by Nils277

40 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Ow, yiss.

40 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Especially because the Centrifuge is already able to do so. 

Fair enough, I guess. Using more than a year-worth amount of depleted fuel to produce less than the smallest xenon can fit is not a very utilizable mechanic though. :)

1 hour ago, Bloody_looser said:

Ow, yiss.

Fair enough, I guess. Using more than a year-worth amount of depleted fuel to produce less than the smallest xenon can fit is not a very utilizable mechanic though. :)

The centrifuge uses the same conversion relations (1:25)  of Depleted Fuel to Xenon Gas as the Centrifuge from NearFutureElectrical (although it is a bit slower). You can change this in the config of the Centrifuge but i will keept it at this level to not outplay NFE.

11 minutes ago, Battou said:

Hi. 1.5.5 causes game to crash on start. Im on 1.3.0. Where can I download 1.5.3 now?

Both GitHub and Spacedock allow downloading previous versions.  On Spacedock, click the 'changelog' and scroll down to see each version.  On GitHub from the releases page you only need to scroll down.*

* Well, with the way Nils277 has set it up.  Some authors will link to a specific release on GitHub, from which it would take a couple more clicks.

49 minutes ago, Battou said:

Hi. 1.5.5 causes game to crash on start. Im on 1.3.0. Where can I download 1.5.3 now?

Just tested version 1.5.5 on KSP 1.3.0 again and it works. Are you sure you have not downloaded version 1.5.6?
If you are really sure to have installed the correct version and it still crashes, please send me the KSP.log file from the KSP folder or the crash report so i can find the error.

38 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Both GitHub and Spacedock allow downloading previous versions.  On Spacedock, click the 'changelog' and scroll down to see each version.  On GitHub from the releases page you only need to scroll down.*

* Well, with the way Nils277 has set it up.  Some authors will link to a specific release on GitHub, from which it would take a couple more clicks.

I removed the 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 version because they were only available for a couple of hours to prevent confusion. So he won't really find them. 

Hi there. First I want to say I really love your mod since I'm a big fan of base building. I took quite a long break from KSP because I had no time and now that I returned and I'm happy to see that this mods is still growing. I got a qustion though. I still don't quite get how to transfer nuclear material (uranium or depleted fuel) from A to B, for example from the storage to the reactor or the centrifuge. From what wile1411 wrote I thought I had to use an engineer in EVA but it didn't work. Can someone please help me with this?

This mod is awesome!

I only wish for a cleaner way to dock things on surfaces. Already used the "ropes" with KAS, and the flex docking ports mod. They work for simple merging vessels, but are kind of messy. Even tried building from scratch with KIS, but it's very tedious and annoying.

I know many people have the same problem, there is a new solution around?

EDIT: Just found out the flexible corridor door, wich was EXACTLY what I was looking for! This feature should be mentioned more, I bet many people are looking for this.

Edited by kerbalfreak
Found what was looking for.

5 hours ago, MisterS said:

Hi there. First I want to say I really love your mod since I'm a big fan of base building. I took quite a long break from KSP because I had no time and now that I returned and I'm happy to see that this mods is still growing. I got a qustion though. I still don't quite get how to transfer nuclear material (uranium or depleted fuel) from A to B, for example from the storage to the reactor or the centrifuge. From what wile1411 wrote I thought I had to use an engineer in EVA but it didn't work. Can someone please help me with this?

Some mods code for the EVA, some don't. MKS was the one I meant to mention the does this manual transfer via EVA. Just using KPBS, I don't think you have a way to transfer Enr or DepF. Happy to be told otherwise if things have changed. 

You must be fairly far along in a game to need a nuculer refuel. One those K&K reactors lasts close to 9 years from memory. I'm jealous of a game that lasts that long! :) 

If you're after Xenon Gas, you'd be better off getting more by adding a Xenon containor in the VAB for your ship design. The conversion rate for DepF is pretty bad - a full Centrifuge (190 units of DepF) only gives 4750 unit of Xenon. 500 units less than one full X750 Container. (5250)

Edited by wile1411

Hi @Nils277

For your part: PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Utility/Garages/garage_decoupler_g
Is it possible to add a Decoupler sound effect / FX to the main part module to avoid an error that occurs in the log file when the game loads?

You already have something like this included on the KKAOSS_base_separator as well as the KKAOSS_garage_cover_g_2

sound_vent_large = decouple
fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple

Github #47

Hey Nils, 1.5.6/1.3.1: there seems to be an option with the "group all parts in function filter" -- the function filter isn't showing. The parts are there; craft/bases with PBS parts function just fine; it's that the filter isn't showing up in the VAB, so you can't built equip new craft with the parts. The function filter works fine with the Feline Rover, btw.

No rush, there's bigger bugs to fix it seems. And as always thank you for the wonderful mod!

On 06/10/2017 at 6:49 AM, Nils277 said:

Update to 1.5.5 and 1.5.6

Changelog:

Download:

Version 1.5.5 works with KSP 1.3.0
Version 1.5.6 works with KSP 1.3.1

@Bloody_looser

I don't think that adding Xenon as a by-product of the reactor would make sence. Especially because the Centrifuge is already able to do so. 

Much appreciated!!

@Bloody_looser As for the KIS container, I've found that surface-attaching the USI Kontainers on the K&K flat base actually looks nice, giving it a "loading-dock" feel. You might wanna try them until @Nils277 releases new parts.

4 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Hey Nils, 1.5.6/1.3.1: there seems to be an option with the "group all parts in function filter" -- the function filter isn't showing. The parts are there; craft/bases with PBS parts function just fine; it's that the filter isn't showing up in the VAB, so you can't built equip new craft with the parts. The function filter works fine with the Feline Rover, btw.

No rush, there's bigger bugs to fix it seems. And as always thank you for the wonderful mod!

Hmm, seems that something changed for adding the custom category to the Function Filter. KPBS causes an error. (FUR also causes an error there, when CCK is not installed) will fix that.

PS. what bigger issues are you talking about? 

6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Hi @Nils277

For your part: PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Utility/Garages/garage_decoupler_g
Is it possible to add a Decoupler sound effect / FX to the main part module to avoid an error that occurs in the log file when the game loads?

You already have something like this included on the KKAOSS_base_separator as well as the KKAOSS_garage_cover_g_2

sound_vent_large = decouple
fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple

Github #47

Thanks, will make that change to the garage decoupler.

11 hours ago, flart said:

Hello @Nils277, 

KPBS has full support Extraplanetary Launchpad, and I am wondering,

will EL game experience in KPBS be full, if I install KPBS and put into its folder EL.dll (without EL-parts, EL-configs etc) ?

Like mentioned, there are some parts that you might still find usefull, like the Mallet, the Magnetometer, the SurveyStake or an Orbital Dock. Everything else used in bases should be there. 

@wile1411 , @MisterS i will take a look at what can be done to move the Nuclear Fuel and Depleted Uranium around. I cannont make any promises at the moment though.

Edited by Nils277

@wile1411, @MisterS for the time being, i would suggest to install NearFutureElectrical. With it you are able to transfer Enriched Uranium with a Level 1 Engineer and Depleted Fuel with a Level 3 Engineer.
The chances are high, that i will add a similar functionality.

Edited by Nils277