[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

One thing I have noticed, is that when I looked at a lot of my older base projects in the VAB, most of the craft files appeared corrupted. Any base designs I have made post 1.0 mod update appear fine, but every single one I have in the VAB from before that is corrupted.

Been enjoying this with 1.1 and it seems to be working great for the most part. I did notice that not all modules with crew capacity have mulch storage under USI-LS, which I think they should (command module, for example). I have been playing around with this mod and UKS, and I wonder if you might add a switchable warehouse module and a flatbed module that meets this form factor, and has bigfoot attachments. I am specifically thinking of putting UKS drills on hinges, like I did with this Buffalo truck.

love this mod, just finished my space station (huge). (1.1) everything seems to work as 1.05 so far. going to do a land base now to test the mechanicals and fuel production.

you know what would be amazing, ksp has scientists and engineers research and fixing wheels/legs etc. wouldn't it be cool if there was more they could do...

anyway just throwing in my morale support for this brilliant addon xx Thanks!

20 hours ago, daltonater said:

One thing I have noticed, is that when I looked at a lot of my older base projects in the VAB, most of the craft files appeared corrupted. Any base designs I have made post 1.0 mod update appear fine, but every single one I have in the VAB from before that is corrupted.

Yep, that does due to a stupid mistake i made. I renamed some of the attachment nodes while testing out symmetry attachment. When i would change them back, the new crafts would be broken. I have added a section on how to "repair" the old crafts in the OP. It's takes a bit of time but should fix the crafts. 

On 9.4.2016 at 11:35 AM, hendrack said:

When using the parts from Mks-lite (Karibou and Scout utilizing the inflatable greenhouse and habitat), the life support screen does not show this behavior. The life support duration extends a couple days when enabling and goes down at once when timewarping in and out of focus. I'll get you the numbers of the base when I am home. Cheers.

18 hours ago, hendrack said:

tcbb2OK.png

Mulch 2555

Supplies 1391

Fertilizer 553

4 Kerbals, 1 is thawed in deepfreeze.

9 hours ago, larkvi said:

Been enjoying this with 1.1 and it seems to be working great for the most part. I did notice that not all modules with crew capacity have mulch storage under USI-LS, which I think they should (command module, for example). I have been playing around with this mod and UKS, and I wonder if you might add a switchable warehouse module and a flatbed module that meets this form factor, and has bigfoot attachments. I am specifically thinking of putting UKS drills on hinges, like I did with this Buffalo truck.

Thanks, i will add the missing resources to the part. I might add some parts for UKS in the future. To be honest i was afraid to do this before because USK has soooo many parts that could potentially be added. :wink:

3 hours ago, BigJammy said:

This mod is working great for me in 1.1, I love the way this bases looks!

Just one little detail: the stock Mobile Processing Lab got is data cap raised from 500 to 750, maybe you missed this change and might want to do the same.

Oh thanks, good to know, i really have missed this. 

2 hours ago, C04L said:

love this mod, just finished my space station (huge). (1.1) everything seems to work as 1.05 so far. going to do a land base now to test the mechanicals and fuel production.

you know what would be amazing, ksp has scientists and engineers research and fixing wheels/legs etc. wouldn't it be cool if there was more they could do...

anyway just throwing in my morale support for this brilliant addon xx Thanks!

Thanks. Good to hear that the mod is running without major problems in the 1.1 PreRelease. I guess it would be a totally differend mod, to add other occupations for the Kerbals. But e.g. a Botanist for the Greenhouse would be a funny idea :D

I do as a matter of default you never know when you may want to move yr base.. I add Planetary adapters on each end and each end attaches to the hub, on each end I have an inline HAL so the 'wings' can be controlled.

VAB

9kBjHpj.png

Mun surface

FqiPZ3M.png

2 hours ago, fozzthulu said:

So, I may be a base newb here, but how do you assemble this base without KIS or KAS in 1.1? Just wheels on everything?

I also mostly do it similar to @C04L. You can also see some example image galleries in the op:

h0lx8ji.pngUxCqkYt.png

or look at the  Sample Craft that you can download on curse fore inspiration :wink:

@Billy_Is_Dead Thanks. Must have missed the brighter color so far. I will adapt the color to fit to the others.

Edited by Nils277

Maybe i dreamed this, but a while ago i noticed a ''water'' inline drill colored blue, or was i misstaken? It is not in the latest version i downloaded. This drives me crazy, was there a water drill to drill for water or have i dreamed this?

Reinstalled the game and mods. Lost the save but blue drill appeared again, also new narrow band scanner for water

Edited by FlyingKiwibird
Reinstalled; Solved problem

2 hours ago, FlyingKiwibird said:

Maybe i dreamed this, but a while ago i noticed a ''water'' inline drill colored blue, or was i misstaken? It is not in the latest version i downloaded.

I believe that only shows up if you have a mod, like UKS, that has water as a resource.

Edited by larkvi

On 4/10/2016 at 2:55 PM, C04L said:

oh and here is a couple of pics of my 'test' space stn (cheated into orbit) for eye candy's sake

light side

dark side

Sorry for an off-topic question, but is there a trick or a mod to get parts to attach to each other in a loop like that?  As far as I knew the "root part" system that the physics engine doesn't allow for bridging between different "branches" of a part "tree", with the exception of struts and fuel pipes.

@Nils277, thank you again for this awesome mod!  It's beautiful and fun and has far and away the best IVAs that I've seen, which for someone like me who cares about the well-being of his Kerbals that are millions of kilometers from home, well it makes a big difference seeing that they each get their own little bunks and rooms.  I've lived in very similar situations to what you've got in your parts (I spend half of each year at scientific research stations in Antarctica), and having your own space, even if it's a tiny space, makes a world of difference to staying sane.

In that vein, what are your thoughts on if/how you'll implement USI-LS's new "Habitation" mechanic? 

*edit* Oh wait, I see that's covered by a patch.  I assume once the dust from 1.1 settles, it might be rolled into the mod natively?

Edited by tsaven
Derp

7 hours ago, tsaven said:

Sorry for an off-topic question, but is there a trick or a mod to get parts to attach to each other in a loop like that?  As far as I knew the "root part" system that the physics engine doesn't allow for bridging between different "branches" of a part "tree", with the exception of struts and fuel pipes.

@Nils277, thank you again for this awesome mod!  It's beautiful and fun and has far and away the best IVAs that I've seen, which for someone like me who cares about the well-being of his Kerbals that are millions of kilometers from home, well it makes a big difference seeing that they each get their own little bunks and rooms.  I've lived in very similar situations to what you've got in your parts (I spend half of each year at scientific research stations in Antarctica), and having your own space, even if it's a tiny space, makes a world of difference to staying sane.

In that vein, what are your thoughts on if/how you'll implement USI-LS's new "Habitation" mechanic? 

*edit* Oh wait, I see that's covered by a patch.  I assume once the dust from 1.1 settles, it might be rolled into the mod natively?

Thanks! 

Support for the new USI-LS Features is already part of the mod since a few versions :wink:

Edited by Nils277

10 hours ago, tsaven said:

....is there a trick or a mod to get parts to attach to each other in a loop like that?  As far as I knew the "root part" system that the physics engine doesn't allow for bridging between different "branches" of a part "tree", with the exception of struts and fuel pipes.

Hi tsaven, unfortunately everyone has to deal with that mechanic.

However using clipping (pushing structure fuselage inside the 'offending' part for symmetry) and using the Cubic Octagonal Struts & Struts + clipping your view inside the structure you can make a secure build (part count? who cares? 64bit ftw!(tm))

pic's to help 'cause my descr' isn't the best.

BZsq7gz.png

mjv2OVU.png

hope this helps

On 11.4.2016 at 2:15 PM, hendrack said:

Nevermind the USI-LS stuff, starting agroponics is the issue, also with MKS-Lite parts. I am heading over to the USI topic. :D

Thanks for the Info. Must have somehow missed this message. This is good, one thing less that has to be done :)

On 4/10/2016 at 2:55 PM, C04L said:
10 hours ago, C04L said:

Hi tsaven, unfortunately everyone has to deal with that mechanic.

However using clipping (pushing structure fuselage inside the 'offending' part for symmetry) and using the Cubic Octagonal Struts & Struts + clipping your view inside the structure you can make a secure build (part count? who cares? 64bit ftw!(tm))

pic's to help 'cause my descr' isn't the best.

hope this helps

Ah, so you've got to be all tricky about it.  Does this cause any problems on loading when the physics engine kicks in, with parts being inside each other?  Random collisions and explosions?