[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

52 minutes ago, Shaman said:

I hope I'm posting this in the right area.  If not let me know.

I found an issue with the Planetary Central Hub and the action menu.

KSP: 1.1.3.1289 (64bit)

Problem: Right-click menu stops working after attempting to right-click Planetary Central Hub

Mods installed:

(Clean Install)

KPBS 1.1.2

Module Manager 2.6.25

Reproduction steps:

1. Start a new sandbox game.
  2. Go into the VAB.
  3. Start with a Planetary Central Hub
  4. Attach anything to it (I attached a fuel tank)
  5. Right click on the fuel tank (Action menu pops up)
  6. Right-click on the PCH (Nothing happens)
  7. Attempt to right-click on the fuel tank again (Nothing happens)

Log:

Output Log

Thanks for the report. I will try to find the cause and fix this.

Thank you for this set, it's turning into one of my favorites. Sympathies about the lost work - I've been there. 

I would like to request a small part, if there is broader interest - an adapter from a KPBS element to a 2.5m UKS Kontainer (I suppose this could go to to @Roverdude as well). The nodes on the garage adapter appear to be almost exactly right - it needs to be raised just a hair so the bottoms align, but the part would terminate instead into a Kontainer shaped octagon. This would allow us to shove either a pair of planetary adapters and wheels to move it around a dock it to a base, or a pair of Meerkats and land it. 

15 hours ago, johnsonwax said:

Thank you for this set, it's turning into one of my favorites. Sympathies about the lost work - I've been there. 

I would like to request a small part, if there is broader interest - an adapter from a KPBS element to a 2.5m UKS Kontainer (I suppose this could go to to @Roverdude as well). The nodes on the garage adapter appear to be almost exactly right - it needs to be raised just a hair so the bottoms align, but the part would terminate instead into a Kontainer shaped octagon. This would allow us to shove either a pair of planetary adapters and wheels to move it around a dock it to a base, or a pair of Meerkats and land it. 

On 7/9/2016 at 1:20 PM, Nils277 said:

Thanks for the report. I will try to find the cause and fix this.

I can also confirm this. Right clicking on PCH keeps all contextual menus from working on the entire craft. Only remedy is a full scene change. The problem carries over to nearby ships if you use Switch Active Vessel to move to ship.

Environment: KSP 1.1.3 with Switch Active Vessel, KPBS installed

Testbed: Any planet surface, spawn 2 ships next to each other within 1 km, 1 with PCH. Also spawn ship at least 5 km away.

1. Start on ship without PCH, right-click for context menu

2. SAV to ship with PCH

3. Right click PCH (context menu does not appear)

4. SAV to ship without PCH and right-click (context menu does not appear)

5. Use map to switch to ship 5 km away, or exit to KSC and use tracking station

6. Right click for context menu (should appear)

Hopefully that narrows down options a bit

PS: I also have TAC Life Support Installed, which is why I need the PCH right-click menu, so I can access the built-in carbon scrubber and water filter.

Edited by Auriga_Nexus

Update 1.1.3

I updated KPBS to fix the rather serious bug with the central hub.

Enchancements:

• Added Core-Head mechanism to the ISRU (thanks to sargon14)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed broken right-click menu for the Central Hub

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

EDIT: I really have to push another update soon to avoid confusion of the version number of KSP itself :D 

Edited by Nils277

I'd love to see a greenhouse or the automated small one that stops producing snacks or at least consuming ores when not producing snacks if every section is loaded up for decades.

i mean, i do get the idea that plants dont stop growing immediately .. but think of if plants dont get resources they die .. sorta

snacks can be everything .. from coffee to water over strawberry paste :D

well, keeping it simple .. the IRSU unit do stop consuming ores even if activated

unsure if its a bug or by design .. but something to consider :)

Edited by LatiMacciato

11 hours ago, DChurchill said:

I don't suppose this involved not being able to apply any dV to a craft with the central hub in it?

Uhm, i guess not. I have not heard of this bug yet nor experienced it myself. Can you clarify this a bit more? With a log, steps to reproduce it etc? When did the bug fist appeear? Thanks!

19 hours ago, stali79 said:

Sorry to throw more part suggestions at you, but have you considered a reactor of sorts in your base profile shape?

Hmm, have to think about that. :wink: 

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

I'd love to see a greenhouse or the automated small one that stops producing snacks or at least consuming ores when not producing snacks if every section is loaded up for decades.

i mean, i do get the idea that plants dont stop growing immediately .. but think of if plants dont get resources they die .. sorta

snacks can be everything .. from coffee to water over strawberry paste :D

well, keeping it simple .. the IRSU unit do stop consuming ores even if activated

unsure if its a bug or by design .. but something to consider :)

hmm...so you say that the greenhouse is still consuming ore even when it is not producing any Snacks? You mean, it still consumes ore when turned off or when the supply of snack is full?
Do you have kerbal on board of that ship/base? If yes, they will consume some of the snacks form time to time and the greenhouse produces new snacks immediately, so it should only consume ore when new snacks are produced. 

Edited by Nils277

it consumed ore when everything was full thats right, might wanna look over it if that not the case .. well im very excited and amazed how cute and perfectly fitting your mod works into KSP at all .. cant think of playing without .. its a must have lol

so yes, your support is very much appreciated :)

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Uhm, i guess not. I have not heard of this bug yet nor experienced it myself. Can you clarify this a bit more? With a log, steps to reproduce it etc? When did the bug fist appeear? Thanks!

I was looking though the thread and no one else was reporting it. I figured it was something on my end, so i didn't really bother with logs. I removed the old version and then updated to the new one and the issue seems to be gone. I'm not sure what the cause was. You could rotate around all axes, but you couldn't change it's velocity at all. It started with the KSP update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. In any case, the problem is gone.

Does anyone know whether the latest update fixes the issue of the landing wheels attaching sideways during construction in the VAB/ SPH (regardless of vehicle orientation)? Or am I the only one having this issue? Thanks in advance - LOVE this mod :)

Edited by OscarJade

On 12.7.2016 at 4:53 PM, DChurchill said:

I was looking though the thread and no one else was reporting it. I figured it was something on my end, so i didn't really bother with logs. I removed the old version and then updated to the new one and the issue seems to be gone. I'm not sure what the cause was. You could rotate around all axes, but you couldn't change it's velocity at all. It started with the KSP update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. In any case, the problem is gone.

Okay. Might have been related to the problem with the right click menu. That caused an exception. And you never know what side effects might come from that. 

20 hours ago, brusura said:

@Nils277 the meerkat engines are supposed to have a gimbal range of 2° according to description, but they are not in flight, could you check? thanks

Hmm....Do you mean they don't gimbal visually or can't you change the flight direction when you use them?

22 hours ago, OscarJade said:

Does anyone know whether the latest update fixes the issue of the landing wheels attaching sideways during construction in the VAB/ SPH (regardless of vehicle orientation)? Or am I the only one having this issue? Thanks in advance - LOVE this mod :)

Can you post a screenshot of them attaching sideways. I can't quite figure out in which way they attach wrong :wink:

Haven't yet found a problem with them.

On 12.7.2016 at 8:18 AM, LatiMacciato said:

it consumed ore when everything was full thats right, might wanna look over it if that not the case .. well im very excited and amazed how cute and perfectly fitting your mod works into KSP at all .. cant think of playing without .. its a must have lol

so yes, your support is very much appreciated :)

Hmm...I must try that you when I have time to see what is wrong with them :wink:

15 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

here are pics of my largest base

mZXYLcP.jpg

SXTRZf0.jpg

KofiLe3.png

This is a really big one. :D

On July 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Nils277 said:

Okay. Might have been related to the problem with the right click menu. That caused an exception. And you never know what side effects might come from that. 

Hmm....Do you mean they don't gimbal visually or can't you change the flight direction when you use them?

Can you post a screenshot of them attaching sideways. I can't quite figure out in which way they attach wrong :wink:

Hmm...I must try that you when I have time to see what is wrong with them :wink:

I am at the limit of FPS on my surface pro will see if it can be made any larger on my gaming computer with discrete GPU later

Edited by Rafael acevedo

@Nils277 - Thanks for making this mod. As a base/station builder, rather than an explorer/scientist its definitely a must have mod for me.

I came across an issue with the K&K Planetary Command Module (KKAOSS_Control_g)...

The description says...

To reduce the costs, scientist at K&K decided to omit the reaction-wheels. A stationary base on the ground doesn't need reaction-wheels, right?

and yet the Modules section of the config file DOES have a definition for Reaction Wheels (With a strength of 4).

Just a minor inconsistency.

On 10/07/2016 at 6:47 AM, johnsonwax said:

There is defiantly some interest here, however I dont often find myself using the Kontainers to store materials. Instead, I sit a UKS Inflatable Storage Module (the surface one, with the long extending legs) on top of a Cross-Way and then add a PB Planetary Adapter front and back, (with wheels and some small IR Extendatrons underneath to raise it up to allow docking of other ground PB modules still on the wheels) and a docking port at each end, with Flexible Corridors on the sides of the Cross-way. It works pretty well for me, so my storage / warehousing issues are solved. The ISM also works as a Planetary Warehouse, as opposed to the 2.5m Kontainer (tho the 3.75 and 5m Kontainers do function as Planetary warehouses (but not the 1.25 or 2.5m ones).

What I'd prefer is an adapter from the UKS MK III parts (which I still need for production), to PB so that I could dock them to the rest of the base.

For now, I've used ModuleManager to make a copies of the PB Habitat Mk2, and turn them into Worksops and Refineries etc (doing the same job as the UKS MK III modules did). The only one I havn't done this for is the UKS Mk III (Large) Sifter, but Im happy to park that off to the side and connect it to the base with Flexible Corridors.

22 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Nils277,

I updated, and the problem no longer occurs :) Thanks for your time, and sorry to bother. Cheers!

20 minutes ago, Spodershibe said:

For me the water containers are broken. Any reason why?

Define 'broken'.  :wink: (Not that I'm aware of any issues with the water containers at the moment - but it's hard to troubleshoot without more info to go on.)

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Define 'broken'.  :wink: (Not that I'm aware of any issues with the water containers at the moment - but it's hard to troubleshoot without more info to go on.)

Well, when you launch the ship, they detatch from their containers, and appear to be swinging around or something. Here is a picture:

1EFB3A201B062FF1724FB8E96C7D0E9A33D14D18

Notice how they are not attached too the inline storage. If they were higher, like when I found the glitch, they would be doing this weird swinging thing