[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

33 minutes ago, BigJammy said:

Uh, now I understand why the legs from a mod I have are rigid and make everything explode... I didn't know about this :(

Alternative option (I know I'm being a little pedantic): what about a wide "Little Bigfoot" leg below adaptor that goes from one side to another? Technically it's only one leg, but I don't know if it's possible to have a leg with a wide contact "line" instead of a point.

That is not possible either. The legs and wheels can only have one infinite small point of contact. 

12 minutes ago, FellipeC said:

May I do a request?

Now MKS uses Ground Construction instead of Extraplanetary Launchpads. It's possible to make a patch for this mod so it can work with GC instead of EL?

Working on it.  We're working on a big patchset for full MKS compatibility - Thread below.  We've got logistics and materials basically done (some texture issues remain) and then we want to get life support balanced out, but GC will be in there.

Of course, Nils could do GC on his own, independently.  The new workshop part could be good for it.

22 hours ago, Polkjm said:

So I've been making a sweet moon base with this mod, but I can't seem to find the research to get the launchpad. It's all I'm missing now

i just reinstalled my whole KSP and i noticed that lot of part for planetary base system (such the launchpad) are hidden in KSP if you dont have the mod used by the part. If you look in \GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\ModSupport\Parts you will see that the parts are here.

On 4.2.2017 at 2:41 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

Gratz on the update Nils277! The launchpad is just awesome :D

I plan on balancing my own stuff, now that KPBS offeres support EL and I've got couple of questions:

As I was working my way through the configs, I've noticed that your workshop converts only 33.3 mass-% of Metal into RocketParts and ScrapMetal (1.638 t Metal are converted to 0.382 t RocketParts & 0.164 t ScrapMetal). Is that intentional? Usually the Metal/RocketParts converter runs at >99 mass-%. Since there is no ScrapMetal storage (yet), the Ratio for ScrapMetal could be increased to 0.766666666. That way conversion runs at 99.9 mass-% without changeing the RocketParts output.

So far I've not found any resouce definitions or recepies. Do you plan on adding those in the future? The reason I'm asking this is because the recycle recipie works global and I want to prevent any compatibility issues. Currently I use 10% Metal & 80% ScrapMetal with 10% loss and EL uses 80% Metal with 20% loss.

Also I have a small suggestion that is not really related to this mod but it fits the topic: A recycler part that fits the form of the Feline rover would be amazing. So you could just drive around and collect garbage.

How did you measure these values for the mass conversion?

I used the original values from the "Construction Workshop" from EPL and divided them by 3 for the Workshop of KPBS. I do not see an error there. 

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

How did you measure these values for the mass conversion?

I used storage tanks with Interstellar Fuel Switch to show the resource mass in the right-click menu and also checked the total mass with KER.

The ExConverter doesn't work the same way the stock ModuleResourceConverter works. I haven't fully understood how it actually works but it seems to me like the INPUT rate is density-independant. Multiply or divide (can't remember right now) the INPUT rate by the density and the result is actual ingame-units per second.
Most important is the OUTPUT rate. It should have a value between 0 and 1 because it gives the percentage of INPUT mass that is converted to OUTPUT mass. If set to 1, 100 kg of INPUT resource is converted to 100 kg of OUTPUT. If set to 0.5, 100 kg of INPUT resource is converted to 50 kg OUTPUT resource.

So far I've used stock converters because I didn't understand the ExConverter but the density-independance is a really nice thing.

Hope this helps. If there's something wrong with my observations please let me know.

10 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I used storage tanks with Interstellar Fuel Switch to show the resource mass in the right-click menu and also checked the total mass with KER.

The ExConverter doesn't work the same way the stock ModuleResourceConverter works. I haven't fully understood how it actually works but it seems to me like the INPUT rate is density-independant. Multiply or divide (can't remember right now) the INPUT rate by the density and the result is actual ingame-units per second.
Most important is the OUTPUT rate. It should have a value between 0 and 1 because it gives the percentage of INPUT mass that is converted to OUTPUT mass. If set to 1, 100 kg of INPUT resource is converted to 100 kg of OUTPUT. If set to 0.5, 100 kg of INPUT resource is converted to 50 kg OUTPUT resource.

So far I've used stock converters because I didn't understand the ExConverter but the density-independance is a really nice thing.

Hope this helps. If there's something wrong with my observations please let me know.

Ah thanks, that makes sense acutally! Will change the config for the parts accordingly :wink:
I think there will be a release with some fixes etc tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

@taniwha wrote up a great manual for EL aimed also at modders: EL_Manual.pdf

It explains all the conversions.

Update to 1.4.1

xAVkEvS.png

General:

• Updated CRP
  • Updated CCK

Enhancements:

• The Container Science Bay satisfies contracts for the materials bay now

Mod Support:

• Improved Habitation Support for Kerbalism (Thanks to @ShotgunNinja and @schrema)
  • Added Container for Hydrogen and Nitrogen for Kerbalism
  • Added Survey Station to the Cupola and Central Hub for Extraplanetary Launchpads

Bug Fixes:

• The docking-ports can now dock to the standard 1.25m ports (hopefully fixed this time)
  • Corrected conversion rate of the workshop for RocketParts
  • Fixed the description of some parts because they were obsolete
  • Fixed the amount of oxygen for the Habitat MK2 for TAC-LS 

lDjPofR.png

qYx9XCm.png%5D m2mGwCV.png yF5F5Cc.png
Edited by Nils277

I seem to be encountering a bug with the real fuel support, If I play around with the buttons in the engine gui I can get a negative mass and it starts spamming the engine properties with fuel configs.  I tried the same with a dozen or so other engines and didn't encounter it with any of them using the Real Fuels - Stockalike configs. .  GtO6l5y.png

EDIT:  I did find a part that is setup the same, multiple engine configs and a built in fuel tank, it has the same bug with auto fuel combinations getting spammed to the part window.   But I was unable to make it have a negative weight by messing with the tech level buttons.   The edamame engine from Homegrown Rockets.  The config for that engine is provided from here.  

Edited by eberkain

40 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I seem to be encountering a bug with the real fuel support, If I play around with the buttons in the engine gui I can get a negative mass and it starts spamming the engine properties with fuel configs.  I tried the same with a dozen or so other engines and didn't encounter it with any of them using the Real Fuels - Stockalike configs. .  GtO6l5y.png

EDIT:  I did find a part that is setup the same, multiple engine configs and a built in fuel tank, it has the same bug with auto fuel combinations getting spammed to the part window.   But I was unable to make it have a negative weight by messing with the tech level buttons.   The edamame engine from Homegrown Rockets.  The config for that engine is provided from here.  

Hmm...i haven't tested the Stockalike RF Engine Configs for compatibility with KPBS yet but i think spamming the engine properties with fuel configs is a bug of realfuels when Fueltank and Engine are in the same part. Can you try this out with the "Mammoth" Liquid Fuel Engine please? It is the only stock part that has the same kind of configuration. If you encounter the same problem there, then it is defintely a bug of realfuels.

The negative mass is because the preset mass in the config of the Meerkat is too low. (The mass of the fuel it is holding is higher than the mass of the part). Will correct that in the next update.

2 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm...i haven't tested the Stockalike RF Engine Configs for compatibility with KPBS yet but i think spamming the engine properties with fuel configs is a bug of realfuels when Fueltank and Engine are in the same part. Can you try this out with the "Mammoth" Liquid Fuel Engine please? It is the only stock part that has the same kind of configuration. If you encounter the same problem there, then it is defintely a bug of realfuels.

The negative mass is because the preset mass in the config of the Meerkat is too low. (The mass of the fuel it is holding is higher than the mass of the part). Will correct that in the next update.

Yes I get the same bug with the Twin Boar with fuel configs getting spammed which is a stock engine with a fuel tank built in.  So I think that is just a real fuels problem.  

1 minute ago, eberkain said:

Yes I get the same bug with the Twin Boar with fuel configs getting spammed which is a stock engine with a fuel tank built in.  So I think that is just a real fuels problem.  

Thanks for confirming :) Will take care of the other bug. How negative is the mass of the part when there is no fuel in it?

Edited by Nils277

rpITCAh.png

ei9S2ol.png

The only difference between these shots is I changed the real fuels tech level to max.  The part description says 0.25t, the right click menu says 11.16kg, the engineer report and real fuel window both show -0.009t   Just to be sure some other config wasn't messing with the part I did a quick search.  

l3pwaL7.jpg

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

The only difference between these shots is I changed the real fuels tech level to max.  The part description says 0.25t, the right click menu says 11.16kg, the engineer report and real fuel window both show -0.009t   Just to be sure some other config wasn't messing with the part I did a quick search.  

It seems that a higher tech level of Realfuel reduces the mass of the engine. I was not aware of that feature at all. Will increase the mass of the Meerkat for Realfuels in the next update.

@Nils277 After the last update, I'm encoutering a MM error on Container_USILS_small.cfg. Just tested with the old version and everything went fine.

This is my mod list (note that KPBS isn't updated because I was testing with the last version):

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.16
B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1
Bon Voyage - 0.11.1
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.6
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.5.3
Contract Pack: Sounding Rockets - 1.2
CryoEngines - 0.4.5
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.10
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.8
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.11.1
Firespitter - 7.5.1
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
HeatControl - 0.3.4
Impact - 1.5
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
KerbalAtomics - 0.3.4
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
InlineBallutes - 1.2.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
Historian Extended - 1.2.7
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.0.0.6
KWRocketryRedux - 3.0.24.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.4
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.2
Final Frontier - 1.2.7.3080
NRAP - 1.5.5.1
Outer Planets Mod - 2.0
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
AmpYear - 1.4.6
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.3
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.3.1
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
USI Core - 0.3.9
Konstruction - 0.1.11
USI-LS - 0.5.23
Malemute Rover - 0.2.7
MKS - 0.50.17
Sounding Rockets - 0.5.8
Universal Storage - 1.2.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
IVA Kerbal Identifier - 1.0.2
OSE Workshop - 1.0.8

If you need anything else to help you track the error, please let me know, and if I miss something on my part, sorry :/ 

Love this mod BTW, great work :) 

EDIT: There are some mods that KSP-AVC don't list:

Spoiler
Audio Muffler Redux
BoxSat
DeltaV Map KSPedia
Engine Lightning
Eve Optimized Engines
GravityTurn Continued
Hide Empty Tech Nodes (CTT)
Karibou Expedition Rover
Kerbalized Flag Pack