[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

@wile1411 Hmm, i thought i have tested the reactor with NFE installed. Seems like it has not been tested thoroughly enough. Will also take a look at the configs and the logs.

@DStaal You are right about the trust. The second image does not reflect what the mod will look like in the game. Will leave the old image :wink: 

EDIT:

@wile1411 I found the error. I used ModuleCoreHeat instead of ModuleCoreHeatNoCatchup. Here is the patch that should make it work:

@PART[KKAOSS_Nuclear_Reactor]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]{}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleUpdateOverride
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = FissionReactor

StartActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_StartActionName
		StopActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_StopActionName
		ToggleActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_ToggleActionName

HeatGeneration = 107500
		NominalTemperature = 825
		CriticalTemperature = 1300
		CoreDamageRate = 0.007

// Base lifetime calculations off this resource
		FuelName = EnrichedUranium

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = EnrichedUranium
			Ratio = 0.00000374929
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = DepletedFuel
			Ratio = 0.00000374929
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}

UseSpecializationBonus = false
		AutoShutdown = false
		DefaultShutoffTemp = 0.90
		GeneratesHeat = false
		TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 0
		}
	}

@MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat]
	{
		@name = ModuleCoreHeatNoCatchup
		@CoreTempGoal = 825
		@CoreShutdownTemp = 6000
		@MaxCoolant = 2150
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = FissionGenerator
		PowerGeneration = 1200
		HeatUsed = 2150
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = RadioactiveStorageContainer
		DangerousFuel = DepletedFuel
		SafeFuel = EnrichedUranium
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		EngineerLevelForDangerous = 3
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
}

Will push a fix soonishTM

Edited by Nils277

I have found what appears to be a bug. When unlocking the "Fuel Systems" research node in the tech tree, I believe that the entry cost of the K&K X360 Small Fuel Tank has a decimal place error.

The price listed is 41,500.00 which seems ridiculous when the tank which is twice the size, the K&K X720 Fuel Tank has an entry cost of 8,300.00.

Update to 1.5.1

Changelog

Localization:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed support for Near Future Electrictal for the reactor
  • Fixed entry costs of small fuel tank

Download

qYx9XCm.png%5D m2mGwCV.png yF5F5Cc.png

One more thing: KPBS has several new parts starting from version 1.5.0 which are not translated yet. Can anyone help to translate them into Spanish, Russian and Chinese?
Oh and shamelessly pinging @Rafael acevedo @fitiales @Dr. Jet @vosskftw and @q654517651 :D

Edited by Nils277

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Update to 1.5.1

Changelog

Download

One more thing: KPBS has several new parts starting from version 1.5.0 which are not translated yet. Can anyone help to translate them into Spanish, Russian and Chinese?
Oh and shamelessly pinging @Rafael acevedo @fitiales @Dr. Jet @vosskftw and @q654517651 :D

I,ll take a look at it today

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Update to 1.5.1

Changelog

Download

Here is my first take at it in Spanish, I would also let @fitiales take a look for those items that I have not translated

//---Fission Reactor---
        #LOC_KPBS.reactor.title = K&K Reactor Nuclear
        #LOC_KPBS.reactor.description = Un pequeño reactor de fision nuclear para tu base. Eficiente pero bien caro. Uno de los cientificos insiste que se escribe 'nucular', aun asi el reactor se considera muy seguro.
        #LOC_KPBS.reactor.tags = planetary base ec reactor nuclear nucular uran generate //TODO
        #LOC_KPBS.reactor.converter.name = Reactor Nuclear          #LOC_KPBS.reactor.converter.start = Activar el reactor     #LOC_KPBS.reactor.converter.stop = Apagar el reactor
        #LOC_KPBS.reactor.converter.toggle = Cambiar reactor

//---Nuclear Fuel Storage---
        #LOC_KPBS.nuclearfuel.title = K&K Tanque de Combustible Nuclear.
        #LOC_KPBS.nuclearfuel.description = Tanque para almacenar Combustible nuclear antes y luego de usarlo. Con niveles radioactivos seguros (cuando estos son medidos a 1km de distancia)
        #LOC_KPBS.nuclearfuel.tags = reactor nuclear fuel storage planetary base uran //TODO

//---Centrifuge---
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.title = K&K Centrifuga
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.description = La centrifuga puede reprocesar el uranio usado y enriquecerlo para volverse a usar, tambien puede extraerlo del mineral. Produce xenon como un resultado del proceso. Necesita mucha energia para funcionar.
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.tags = conver isru mine )mining (ore process resource uranium refine reprocess nuclear nuke nearfuture planetary base //TODO
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.reprocessor.name = Reenriquecidor de Uranio
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.reprocessor.start = Comenzar a reenriquecer
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.reprocessor.stop = Parar el reenriquecimiento
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.reprocessor.toggle = Cambiar Reenriquecimiento
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.xenonextractor.name = Extractor de Xenon
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.xenonextractor.start = Activar el extractor de Xenon
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.xenonextractor.stop = Apagar el extractor de Xenon
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.xenonextractor.toggle = cambiar el extractor de Xenon
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.uraniumextractor.name = Extractor de Uranio //TODO
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.uraniumextractor.start = Activar el Extractor de Uranio
        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.uraniumextractor.stop = Apagar el Extractor de Uranium Extractor        #LOC_KPBS.centrifuge.uraniumextractor.toggle = Cambiar el Extractor de Uranio
         //---Flatbed---
        #LOC_KPBS.flatbed.title = K&K Flatbed //TODO
        #LOC_KPBS.flatbed.description = A flatbed to (poner muchas cosas utiles para usarse en la base) place multiple usable things on the bases //TODO
        #LOC_KPBS.flatbed.tags = planetary base store cargo flat //TODO      

Nils

i remember when you, dstaal, and other forum members where trying to balance kpbs parts with usi- ls and in my humble opinion you guys did a great job. However, I think we missed the boat with the green house. the usi- ls nom-o-magit 25000-I and the Kpbs green house both produce 4.75 noms per hour, the issue is that the nom o magic requires no crew to do so and kpbs requires two crew members. Why is this important, let's say you want to set up a base on a planet with a lab to conduct science manned by to kerbals. Using usi-ls this requires two modules ( not counting storage and consumables) A nom o magic 25000-I and a lab module (and only a two kerbal crew)  to accomplish the same task using kpbs modules it would require 4 greenhouses and the lab module ( and crew of 10 with corresponding impact to storage hab ,etc). Let's do the math

1 kerbal consumes 1.8 noms and hour

The aforementioned green house produce 4.75 noms and hour or enough to feed slightly more than 2 and a half kerbal

the nomomatic requires no crew so you need 1 nomomatic to support  the two kerbal scientists. 

The kpbs green house requires a crew of two to feed 2.5 kerbals, so in order to have two scientist working, you need 4 greenhouses (2.5x 4=10) operating at 100% efficiency. That gives you 8 farming kerbals and two scientist

I know part of the charm of your mod is to have the  kerbals  using the parts, so if you allow me to make a suggestion, that will restore the balance, we can do this:

a deployed greenhouse can produce 4.75 noms an hour when empty, just like the nom o matic, but if occupied by 1 kerbal it produces 25% more noms and by 2 50% more.  Or  5.875 noms and 7.125. Or you can do 12 and 25% or 10 and 20%.   No need to modify anything else, and it can be explained by farmers ensuring enough light hit the plants using mirrors to reflect minimize showdow, etc all those things that a non ai computer would think to do. Your thoughts?

Edited by Rafael acevedo

4 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils

i remember when you, dstaal, and other forum members where trying to balance kpbs parts with usi- ls and in my humble opinion you guys did a great job. However, I think we missed the boat with the green house. the usi- ls nom-o-magit 25000-I and the Kpbs green house both produce 4.75 noms per hour, the issue is that the nom o magic requires no crew to do so and kpbs requires two crew members. Why is this important, let's say you want to set up a base on a planet with a lab to conduct science manned by to kerbals. Using usi-ls this requires two modules ( not counting storage and consumables) A nom o magic 25000-I and a lab module (and only a two kerbal crew)  to accomplish the same task using kpbs modules it would require 4 greenhouses and the lab module ( and crew of 10 with corresponding impact to storage hab ,etc). Let's do the math

The aforementioned green house produce 4.75 noms and hour or enough to feed slightly more than 2 and a half kerbal

the nomomatic requires no crew so you need 1 nomomatic to support  the two kerbal scientists. 

The kpbs green house requires a crew of two to feed 2.5 kerbals, so in order to have two scientist working, you need 4 greenhouses (2.5x 4=10) operating at 100% efficiency. That gives you 8 farming kerbals and two scientist

I know part of the charm of your mod is to have the  kerbals  using the parts, so if you allow me to make a suggestion, that will restore the balance, we can do this:

a deployed greenhouse can produce 4.75 noms an hour when empty, just like the nom o matic, but if occupied by 1 kerbal it produces 25% more noms and by 2 50% more.  Or  5.875 noms and 7.125. Or you can do 12 and 25% or 10 and 20%.   No need to modify anything else, and it can be explained by farmers ensuring enough light hit the plants using mirrors to reflect minimize showdow, etc all those things that a non ai computer would think to do. Your thoughts?

I don't remember if we took the need for Kerbals to man the greenhouse into consideration (I don't think we did; there's a section to the spreadsheet that handles that) but I will point out that the greenhouse also adds a hab multiplier which the 25000-I doesn't. 

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

The textures from the IVAs from KPBS do not really have a high resolution. Especially the earlier IVAs.

Can you post a screenshot of an IVA so i can see of it is the normal resolution?

Spoiler

DdbUlkR.png

Here Is your Screenshot, when i zoom in to sticky note i can see the word clearly 

Spoiler

And Here is mine

mxndo9X.png

9gm83ah.png

With FULL setting for Texture and 8 giga Ram, do you know what is my prob dude?

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet

5 hours ago, Merkov said:

I don't remember if we took the need for Kerbals to man the greenhouse into consideration (I don't think we did; there's a section to the spreadsheet that handles that) but I will point out that the greenhouse also adds a hab multiplier which the 25000-I doesn't. 

I just ran into those thoughts two days ago, when planning a new base on the mun. Basically i wanted to set it up in KPBS Modules, as they're rally charming. But exactly the math Rafael did above makes the greenhouse a no go for me. Especially in a career game it adds cost an launches to feed your base crew, which would be one pilot, an engineer and two scientists sensibly. Totalling in eight Greenhouses and 16 Farming Kerbals. Wow! That's a lot of payload! Additionally those 20 Kerbals in total need hab space to generate basic hab month an that will eat up the hab multiplier rather quick, I presume. When I imagine scaling up a base with all those beautiful KPBS parts, say with mining operations or en route to a self sustaining colony the need for greenhouses will simply become unaffordable.Basing a base on Tundra, Duna or even Ranger modules with additional cupola / kerbiat for the multiplier is all in all way more attractive. At least in my setup. =) As far as I remember correctly, MKS uses traits of Kerbals to boost efficiency of certain parts, so Rafaels proposal points a familiar way. 

I just wanted to share my thougts fron user perpective on that, as I saw your post fitting perfectly to my current plannings. =) As mentioned, my plan is indeed to use those beautiful KPBS parts for that base, as I like them very much. I'd really welcome the idea of re-evaluating the balance of the greenhouse.

Cheers

SchrottBot 

13 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils

Are you playing with or without the KPBStoMKS pack?  With the pack, the greenhouses will increase in efficiency (like the MKS parts) when there's an appropriate Kerbal with Botany skill in the base.  Without, I don't think having a Kerbal will actually affect whether it runs one way or the other.  (Though I haven't checked that.)  Either way, I think it should be able to run without a Kerbal in the part.  (Though again, I would like to double-check.)

Your suggestion is a nice idea, but it isn't simple to implement from what I know - Beyond the simple skill-based efficiency boost, I don't actually know of a way to say 'automatically add production per Kerbal' using the modules available to us, which would mean we'd need a custom module (and therefore custom code).

Edit: Tested and confirmed: The Kerbals aren't actually necessary to run the greenhouses.  So the KPBS greenhouse is actually strictly better than the 25000-I, as it offers habitation and seats as well.

Edited by DStaal
Testing Updates.

45 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Are you playing with or without the KPBStoMKS pack?  With the pack, the greenhouses will increase in efficiency (like the MKS parts) when there's an appropriate Kerbal with Botany skill in the base.  Without, I don't think having a Kerbal will actually affect whether it runs one way or the other.  (Though I haven't checked that.)  Either way, I think it should be able to run without a Kerbal in the part.  (Though again, I would like to double-check.)

Your suggestion is a nice idea, but it isn't simple to implement from what I know - Beyond the simple skill-based efficiency boost, I don't actually know of a way to say 'automatically add production per Kerbal' using the modules available to us, which would mean we'd need a custom module (and therefore custom code).

Dstaal

I only have usi-ls and kpbs installed. I don't use MKS so as far as I know I don't have the kpbs to mks pack, unless it is installed by default by the aforementioned mods I have in use. I know that I have run the sim with the parameter indicated and in order to have a self sustaining base ie where your supplies are either increasing or replaced at the same rate of consumption you need to match the number of greenhouses or niomomatics indicated.  I am not a coder so i don't know what the impact would be. What I wanted to do was to offer an elegant solution to what is really an unbalance in the greenhouse without really affecting what I thought was a magnificent effort by you guys. The only other way to minimize the penalty (without affecting the 50% production rate with one Kerbal and 100% with 2) and justify flying the extra crew would be to have the greenhouse yield increase two fold to 9.5 noms per hour (which them destroy the size /weight/ resource balance that you worked so hard to achieve) or have the greenhouse be fully automatic which will the take away from the beauty of kpbs.

Thinking about it, it might possible to also have it act as a recycler with 57% efficiency affecting a crew of 6 this will allow the greenhouse to support to produce enough noms to support 6.13 kerbals ( i know it have effects on mulch produced, but it is cheaper to resupply noms that to send 5 kerbals and one two greenhouses every time I want to increase the crew by one)  so with one kerbonaut then the greenhouse will produce enough noms to support 3.06 kerbals thus nullyfiying the penalty.

So if we used the example i used previously to support a 2 man lab you will need 2 modules a nomomatic and a lab (crew of two) or a greenhouse operating at 50% and a lab (crew of 3) and the hab modifier already included in the greenhouse helps offset hab penalty for extra crew member.

Your thoughts

5 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Dstaal

I only have usi-ls and kpbs installed. I don't use MKS so as far as I know I don't have the kpbs to mks pack, unless it is installed by default by the aforementioned mods I have in use. I know that I have run the sim with the parameter indicated and in order to have a self sustaining base ie where your supplies are either increasing or replaced at the same rate of consumption you need to match the number of greenhouses or niomomatics indicated.  I am not a coder so i don't know what the impact would be. What I wanted to do was to offer an elegant solution to what is really an unbalance in the greenhouse without really affecting what I thought was a magnificent effort by you guys. The only other way to minimize the penalty (without affecting the 50% production rate with one Kerbal and 100% with 2) and justify flying the extra crew would be to have the greenhouse yield increase two fold to 9.5 noms per hour (which them destroy the size /weight/ resource balance that you worked so hard to achieve) or have the greenhouse be fully automatic which will the take away from the beauty of kpbs.

Thinking about it, it might possible to also have it act as a recycler with 57% efficiency affecting a crew of 6 this will allow the greenhouse to support to produce enough noms to support 6.13 kerbals ( i know it have effects on mulch produced, but it is cheaper to resupply noms that to send 5 kerbals and one two greenhouses every time I want to increase the crew by one)  so with one kerbonaut then the greenhouse will produce enough noms to support 3.06 kerbals thus nullyfiying the penalty.

So if we used the example i used previously to support a 2 man lab you will need 2 modules a nomomatic and a lab (crew of two) or a greenhouse operating at 50% and a lab (crew of 3) and the hab modifier already included in the greenhouse helps offset hab penalty for extra crew member.

Your thoughts

The KPBStoMKS pack is a separate mod, which was involved in the balance discussions.  It extends the balance mechanics and dupes some parts into using the mechanics for MKS.  Sounds like you don't have it, so no need to further worry on it, except to mention that it does allow for some of what you're talking about, as with it production goes up if you have the right Kerbals in place.  But it requires MKS as a dependency as well.

My only other real thought on it at this point is that the parts are *already* fully automatic, as a mechanical limitation in KSP.  The converters aren't aware of Kerbals, so there's no real way that I can see to limit them to only running in the presence of Kerbals.  (Well, you need to have control of the ship, of course - but that can easily be a probe.)   If you want to put a Kerbal into the greenhouse that's completely up to you, but with the mods you've listed it wouldn't make a difference whether there was one or not.  So there is no penalty - you get the greenhouse, *and* the seats, *and* the habitation.

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

The KPBStoMKS pack is a separate mod, which was involved in the balance discussions.  It extends the balance mechanics and dupes some parts into using the mechanics for MKS.  Sounds like you don't have it, so no need to further worry on it, except to mention that it does allow for some of what you're talking about, as with it production goes up if you have the right Kerbals in place.  But it requires MKS as a dependency as well.

My only other real thought on it at this point is that the parts are *already* fully automatic, as a mechanical limitation in KSP.  The converters aren't aware of Kerbals, so there's no real way that I can see to limit them to only running in the presence of Kerbals.  (Well, you need to have control of the ship, of course - but that can easily be a probe.)   If you want to put a Kerbal into the greenhouse that's completely up to you, but with the mods you've listed it wouldn't make a difference whether there was one or not.  So there is no penalty - you get the greenhouse, *and* the seats, *and* the habitation.

Dstaal

what I understand you are saying is, that if I have a KPBS greenhouse and I have no kerbals in it it should still produce 4.75 noms and hour, and wether I have 1 or  2 kerbals in the greenhouse it should still produce 4.75 noms per hour (if this is so then the 50 efficiency and the 100% efficiency listings on the KPBS greenhouse are superfluous and just cosmetic).  however when I run it the KPBS greenhouse produces 0 noms with no kerbals, with 1 Kerbal it produces  around 2.8 noms (my Kerbal consumed 1.8 in one hour and my base storage when up by 1 nom at the same time) this means that the greenhouse is only producing about half of the 4.75 noms it should produce in an hour or operating at 50% efficiency (exactly what the module description says).  It for sure is not producing the 4.5 noms an hour with one Kerbal.

50 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Dstaal

what I understand you are saying is, that if I have a KPBS greenhouse and I have no kerbals in it it should still produce 4.75 noms and hour, and wether I have 1 or  2 kerbals in the greenhouse it should still produce 4.75 noms per hour (if this is so then the 50 efficiency and the 100% efficiency listings on the KPBS greenhouse are superfluous and just cosmetic).  however when I run it the KPBS greenhouse produces 0 noms with no kerbals, with 1 Kerbal it produces  around 2.8 noms (my Kerbal consumed 1.8 in one hour and my base storage when up by 1 nom at the same time) this means that the greenhouse is only producing about half of the 4.75 noms it should produce in an hour or operating at 50% efficiency (exactly what the module description says).  It for sure is not producing the 4.5 noms an hour with one Kerbal.

@DStaal

I'm away from my computer so I can't check now, but I remember us discussing what MODULE was used as a converter for the greenhouse part (it should be mentioned in the greenhouse issue on GitHub). My recollection was that the greenhouse used a special module (KPBS specific maybe?) instead of the stock ModuleResourceConverter. Perhaps this includes a crewed requirement? 

If this is the case, I'm not sure RoverDude's spreadsheet would have a nice way of dealing with it. There is a provision for crew to influence efficiency by trait and skill level, but I don't know if we can modify the spreadsheet to simply look at if a Kerbal is present or not. 

We could give this part another pass based on a crew requirement, or we could look at using the regular ModuleResourceConverter (or whatever module USI-LS uses).

25 minutes ago, Merkov said:

@DStaal

I'm away from my computer so I can't check now, but I remember us discussing what MODULE was used as a converter for the greenhouse part (it should be mentioned in the greenhouse issue on GitHub). My recollection was that the greenhouse used a special module (KPBS specific maybe?) instead of the stock ModuleResourceConverter. Perhaps this includes a crewed requirement? 

If this is the case, I'm not sure RoverDude's spreadsheet would have a nice way of dealing with it. There is a provision for crew to influence efficiency by trait and skill level, but I don't know if we can modify the spreadsheet to simply look at if a Kerbal is present or not. 

We could give this part another pass based on a crew requirement, or we could look at using the regular ModuleResourceConverter (or whatever module USI-LS uses).

Yeah, I just double-checked that.  Indeed, the greenhouse uses a KPBS-specific module that includes a crew requirement.  (So, sorry @Rafael acevedo, I was looking at the wrong thing and thinking behavior carried over.  So I was wrong on how it was behaving.)  We could switch over to ModuleResourceConverter_USI or ModuleResourceConverter (which are basically identical for this use, I believe).  Another option would be to switch some portion of the production to using the ModuleResourceConverter module and have some using the current PlanetaryGreenhouse module - you'd get two toggles, but then you could have extra production if it's manned.  (Though again, ModuleResourceConverter can also increase production via Kerbal skills, I believe.  If it can't the _USI version can.)

Just now, DStaal said:

Yeah, I just double-checked that.  Indeed, the greenhouse uses a KPBS-specific module that includes a crew requirement.  (So, sorry @Rafael acevedo, I was looking at the wrong thing and thinking behavior carried over.  So I was wrong on how it was behaving.)  We could switch over to ModuleResourceConverter_USI or ModuleResourceConverter (which are basically identical for this use, I believe).  Another option would be to switch some portion of the production to using the ModuleResourceConverter module and have some using the current PlanetaryGreenhouse module - you'd get two toggles, but then you could have extra production if it's manned.  (Though again, ModuleResourceConverter can also increase production via Kerbal skills, I believe.  If it can't the _USI version can.)

Guys, I really tracked you guys when you were doing the rebalancing for KPBS on the forum (in part because, Iwanted to learn), I honestly tell you you guys did a fantastic job,(so Dstaal no reason to apologize), the solutions i offered were intended to maintain the balance you guys achieved regarding size while trying to keep  the solution simple (what I though), however you guys are the masters and i am sure you will be able to find an elegant solution to this issue

21 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

somebody please help my texture problem :confused:;.;:confused:

I was not able to reproduce your problem. When setting the texture resolution to full resolution and restaring KSP i have the IVA textures at full resolution. If you have that setting set to full-res too, you may have a profile for KSP set in your graphics card that reduces the resolution.

@DStaal, @Merkov, @Rafael acevedo and @SchrottBot: You are right, the settings for the greenhouse for KPBS are far from optimal at the moment. And this is really due to its custom module. It is set to produce at 0% when no Kerbal is inside, 50% when one kerbal is inside and 100% when two kerbals are inside. My suggestion would to make it produce enough for four kerbals when it is full, runs at 66% when one kerbal is inside and at 33% when no kerbal is inside. This way it is not too OP to the NOM-o-Matic (because it produces less when no kerbal is inside) and still adds benefits for adding kerbals to it. So it produces enough for 1.3 kerbals when empty, enough for 2.6 kerbals when one kerbal is inside and enough for 4 Kerbals when full.

The config for the Greenhouse would look like this then:

MODULE
	{
		name = PlanetaryGreenhouse
		ConverterName = #LOC_KPBS.greenhouseconverter.name
		StartActionName = #LOC_KPBS.greenhouseconverter.start
		StopActionName = #LOC_KPBS.greenhouseconverter.stop
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		minimalCrew = 0
		minimalRate = 0.33333333333

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Mulch
			Ratio =  0.0024
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Fertilizer
			Ratio =  0.00024

}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Supplies
			Ratio = 0.00264
			DumpExcess = False
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 5.28
		}
	}

I should have done that earlier but here are the additional fields for the greenhouse:

minimalCrew: The mininal number of crew members in the part to be able to produce. The production rate for the mininal crew is minimalRate. Positive integer including 0

minimalRate: The rate of production when the minimal number of crew members is inside the part. Can have values between 0 and 1 

maximalCrew: The number of crew members that need to be in the parts to have it produce at the maximal rate. Positive integer including 0. Should be bigger than minimalCrew.

maximalRate: The rate of production when the maximal number of members is inside the part. Can have values between 0 and 1. Should not be smaller than minimalRate.

For any number of crew between minimalCrew and maximalCrew, the production rate is be interpolated between minimalRate and maximalRate.

Of couse you can also suggest other configurations for the greenhouse if you thing they are more sensible :wink: 
One other possibility might be:
0 Kerbals inside = 50% (enough for 2 Kerbals) 
1 Kerbal inside = 75% (enough for 3 Kerbals)
2 Kerbal inside = 100% (enough for 4 Kerbals)

Edit: I'm sure there will have to be a separate configuration for the interaction with MKS though, because it adds benefits from the Kerbals as mentioned.

Edited by Nils277

23 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I was not able to reproduce your problem. When setting the texture resolution to full resolution and restaring KSP i have the IVA textures at full resolution. If you have that setting set to full-res too, you may have a profile for KSP set in your graphics card that reduces the resolution.

@DStaal, @Merkov, @Rafael acevedo and @SchrottBot: You are right, the settings for the greenhouse for KPBS are far from optimal at the moment. And this is really due to its custom module. It is set to produce at 0% when no Kerbal is inside, 50% when one kerbal is inside and 100% when two kerbals are inside. My suggestion would to make it produce enough for four kerbals when it is full, runs at 66% when one kerbal is inside and at 33% when no kerbal is inside. This way it is not too OP to the NOM-o-Matic (because it produces less when no kerbal is inside) and still adds benefits for adding kerbals to it. So it produces enough for 1.3 kerbals when empty, enough for 2.6 kerbals when one kerbal is inside and enough for 4 Kerbals when full.

The config for the Greenhouse would look like this then:

MODULE
	{
		name = PlanetaryGreenhouse
		ConverterName = #LOC_KPBS.greenhouseconverter.name
		StartActionName = #LOC_KPBS.greenhouseconverter.start
		StopActionName = #LOC_KPBS.greenhouseconverter.stop
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		minimalCrew = 0
		minimalRate = 0.33333333333

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Mulch
			Ratio =  0.0024
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Fertilizer
			Ratio =  0.00024

}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Supplies
			Ratio = 0.00264
			DumpExcess = False
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 5.28
		}
	}

I should have done that earlier but here are the additional fields for the greenhouse:

Of couse you can also suggest other configurations for the greenhouse if you thing they are more sensible :wink: 
One other possibility might be:
0 Kerbals inside = 50% (enough for 2 Kerbals) 
1 Kerbal inside = 75% (enough for 3 Kerbals)
2 Kerbal inside = 100% (enough for 4 Kerbals)

Edit: I'm sure there will have to be a separate configuration for the interaction with MKS though, because it adds benefits from the Kerbals as mentioned.

I'm good with your suggested changes, personally.  As for the MKS version - the integration pack already replaces the config for this entirely, as not only does MKS add efficiency differently, it also has a couple of other greenhouse modes.  (With the integration pack, you actually get several greenhouses, each designed to use a different set of resources.)

44 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

so what should i do then?should i set to full resolution and restart my ksp? this problem is just happen in KPB, in other IVA it looks normal 

Then i will ship the updated config with the next update. The russian and spanish translations for the new parts are already done. Will wait a few more days with the update until the chinese translation is ready.