[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

On 11/20/2018 at 2:24 AM, Tonka Crash said:

I use the ground tether function in the USI Tools Mod with a patch to add it to all command pods. I've found this is more successful at keeping a base from moving around the ground than any attempt to anchor them to parts attached to the ground. If you have any USI mod you probably have the Tools installed as a dependency.

I use launch clamps :) (does have the problem of making your base an accident waiting (for a miss-pressed space bar) to happen).

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

I use launch clamps :) (does have the problem of making your base an accident waiting (for a miss-pressed space bar) to happen).

Sounds like one of those 'who would win' memes...

WHO WOULD WIN? THE INGENUITY OF A PLAYER OR ONE MISPRESSED SPACE BAR??

What about the new KAS tether cables? They have some give, I'd imagine a handful for pylons and anchors would help to keep a moderately-sized flexibly immobile. 

The floating point error has always been a pain though, and it is terribly unfortunate that it has always been a major issue with multipart bases. I'm curious as to what it would take to fix.

6 hours ago, Solar_Ranger24 said:

Thank you but I can't seem to find them even in sandbox mode, I am using the latest version by the way

You do have USI-LS installed, don't you? It seems there are a lot of parts that only appear if you use a mod that makes use of them. It looks like the default folder in the VAB should be in Life Support tab with the USI-LS parts. I use CCK to stick all the modular storage parts in their own folder..

Did something get changed with the nuclear reactor? Recently I put one on a base and there wasn't even an option to turn it on like before. So it's just sitting there doing nothing. I didn't do anything different than any other time I've used it  and all other times I could turn it off and on at will.

Hey,

I build a rocket and when I decoupled the Base Part I had no control over it. I tried the same build on the launchpad and it worked, but when I put it into orbit with the cheat console to test it I lost control again. It doenst matter if I have a kerbin the in the module or not, also Antennas dont seem to help.
Any suggestions?

ive tried everything i know to do to get this mod to work. ive downloaded all the mods on the list and even got ksp v1.4.1 so some of the mods that haven't been updated yet would work but I still dont have any of the parts in this mod. and most of the other mods as well. is there an updated tutorial or something because im at a loss and dont know what I'm missing.

18 hours ago, Joshuabmorgan said:

ive tried everything i know to do to get this mod to work. ive downloaded all the mods on the list and even got ksp v1.4.1 so some of the mods that haven't been updated yet would work but I still dont have any of the parts in this mod. and most of the other mods as well. is there an updated tutorial or something because im at a loss and dont know what I'm missing.

Many mods today rely on ModuleManager mod. I'd suggest you verifying that you have it in the game and it's of the compatible version.

2 hours ago, Joshuabmorgan said:

You have an incorrect install.  Do the following. 

1. Cut the zip files folders out of game data and paste to desktop

2. delete  Kerbal_planetary _base_system folder from game data

3. Right click on zipped Kerbal planetary based system folder 

4. Chose open (do not unzip)-window with contents of zip file will appear (you should see a game data folder and 7 text files)

5. double click on game data folder-window will open up with the 3 folders and 1 dll file (community category kit, community resource pack, and planetarybaseinc)

6. select and copy those 3 folders, not the dll

7. Paste those 3 folders into your KSP game data folder

8. it should now work

By looking at the game data folder picture some of the other MODS might be incorrectly installed too (you only have squad and squad expansion installed correctly).  I will recommend you take those out open them individually and only use what is inside the game data folder.

Do not touch the squad or squad expansion folders

You also have 3 different life support mods installed, pick one delete the rest or they will never work (will also affect kpbs)

Hope this helps 

Edited by Rafael acevedo

On 12/13/2018 at 10:04 PM, Rafael acevedo said:

You have an incorrect install.  Do the following. 

1. Cut the zip files folders out of game data and paste to desktop

2. delete  Kerbal_planetary _base_system folder from game data

3. Right click on zipped Kerbal planetary based system folder 

4. Chose open (do not unzip)-window with contents of zip file will appear (you should see a game data folder and 7 text files)

5. double click on game data folder-window will open up with the 3 folders and 1 dll file (community category kit, community resource pack, and planetarybaseinc)

6. select and copy those 3 folders, not the dll

7. Paste those 3 folders into your KSP game data folder

8. it should now work

By looking at the game data folder picture some of the other MODS might be incorrectly installed too (you only have squad and squad expansion installed correctly).  I will recommend you take those out open them individually and only use what is inside the game data folder.

Do not touch the squad or squad expansion folders

You also have 3 different life support mods installed, pick one delete the rest or they will never work (will also affect kpbs)

Hope this helps 

that did it!! thank you. now I have to go through the rest of the mods.

Friends,
First of all I apologize for any spelling errors, I'm using google translator.
I've mounted a package with several mods and although it has not yet played, then on the loading screen there is error information that seems to be related to this mod (follows print and log).

I have not tested it yet, because I will play in hard mode and I do not want to spend hours to find out that my save will be lost.

It is worth remembering that I am playing in KSP 1.4.1 and the leg of "Kerbal Planetary Base Systems" is 1.6.1.

If you did not attach any files, please let me know.

PRINT:

https://imgur.com/a/7KH8MMu

LOG:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AesIUk5PB2MUSlAhV2pUzoArupSOh4y5/view?usp=sharing

Can someone help me with this error?