General:

• Recompile for KSP 1.8.0
  • Reexported textures to be all encoded in DXT5
  • Recompiled the KSPedia pages
  • Updated CCK to version 4.3.0.0/5.0.0.0
  • Updated CRP to version 1.3.0.0
  • Updated KSPModFileLocalizer to vesion 0.2.3.4

Localization:

• Fixed encoding of brazilian portuguese translation (thanks to AluisioASG)

Mod Support:

• Added radiation support for Kerbalism (thanks to Shiolle)
  • Fixed production rates for greenhouse for Kerbalism (thanks to Odieman1)

Bug Fixes:

• KSPedia entries should be available in French now

Download:

oYvtZpW.pngUVVt0OP.pnglMOxt2k.png

Edited by Nils277

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

If you use restock and KPBS you need to whitelist the orbital scanner. Otherwise your K&K Narrow Band water Scanner and the Water Surface Scanner wont appear or worse any vessel using it will fail to load.  This is caused because the scanner uses the same textures as the Stock Orbital Scanner which are replaced by restock. 

How to do it

1. open notepad/wordpad

2. Paste this minus the parenthesis (Squad/Parts/Resources/OrbitalScanner/)

3. Paste this minus the parenthesis (Squad/Parts/Resources/SurfaceScanner/)

4. Save file as KPBSRestock.txt in your Game data planetaryBaseInc folder

5. Rename file KPBSRestock.restockwhitelist

Now the water orbital scanner and the M335 Water Surface Scanner will load

Nils, just add this file to your next distro 

Rafael

Edited by Rafael acevedo
Adding Surface Scanner

On 8/21/2019 at 12:38 PM, Aelipse said:

Nope, I found the source of the problem and the solution before I finished writing. Versions of Kerbal Planetary Base Systems and USI Life Support have to match in order to be able to cooperate. My USI version was outdated, that's why the recyclers and greenhouses didn't work. Perhaps this will help other people who are as dumb as me. :P

Allow me to take this opportunity to thank the creators and maintainers of this mod. I use a bunch of part mods, but the parts provided by Kerbal Planetary Base Systems are definitely the most beautiful and fun parts to play with. <3

I might be having a similar problem.  Or maybe it's different, I'm not sure.  I'm playing CTT, with all of Neartee's parts, USI Kolonization and USI life support, and KPBS.  I've finally unlocked life support parts that aren't just new tanks of consumables, the first one being the K&K Oxygen Regenerator.  I can store it in the cargo units, but when the ship actually loads outside of the VAB, the item has vanished.  I can't seem to place the part anywhere on the ship, so I imagine it must be placed in an inventory.

Do these "placeable parts" only work with KIS, or is it able to be placed using the Breaking Ground's inventory system?

9hnmWpF.jpg

Edited by PTNLemay

• 4 weeks later...

@Nils277 Was doing some debugging this evening, found this error, its pretty important

Uploading Crash Report
UnityException: SupportsTextureFormatNative is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'SurfaceStructuresCategoryFilter' on game object 'SurfaceStructuresCategoryFilter'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.SystemInfo.SupportsTextureFormatNative(UnityEngine.TextureFormat)
  at UnityEngine.SystemInfo.SupportsTextureFormat (UnityEngine.TextureFormat format) [0x0001d] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\SystemInfo\SystemInfo.bindings.cs:402 
  at UnityEngine.Texture.ValidateFormat (UnityEngine.TextureFormat format) [0x00002] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\Graphics\Texture.cs:464 
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D..ctor (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEngine.TextureFormat textureFormat, System.Int32 mipCount, System.Boolean linear, System.IntPtr nativeTex) [0x00009] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\Graphics\Texture.cs:527 
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D..ctor (System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEngine.TextureFormat textureFormat, System.Boolean mipChain) [0x00000] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\Graphics\Texture.cs:548 
  at PlanetarySurfaceStructures.SurfaceStructuresCategoryFilter..ctor () [0x00000] in <3470cbb097584c0e96e60d26672f63f2>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\Scripting\GameObject.bindings.cs:222)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\SceneManager\SceneManager.cs:244)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

just out of curiosity, has anybody created a mm-patch yet that makes the K&K Centrifuge use Uraninite instead of Ore as a source to convert into Enriched Uranium? Or any other kind of KPBS-MKS compatibility patches? I'm not asking anyone to create one, especially not on my account. Just asking if anyone has already done it (which I might have easily overlooked in the more than 100 pages long thread ;) ). If not I'll probably just end up creating one for myself. I know that it is probably somewhat redundant to use both, KPBS and MKS, to create bases. But I really like the parts of both mods (and others of course) and could never decide which one to opt against. So I always used both. And both mods are already pretty compatible. But it just feels kind of cheaty to me to use Ore to create Enriched Uranium when also using MKS, you need Uraninite as resource. This is not a criticism at the author, Nils. It's just my personal flavor, which I think would be more MKS-like lore.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a problem with cyrotanks making the T400 have negative mass when filled with LH2 and Nertea from cyrotanks discovered that some of the tank masses are a bit inconsistent. The T400 is twice the size as the T200 yet its dry mass is 300KG lighter. 

T400=50KG dry (With LH2 it is -150 and thats how I found out)

T200=350KG dry

That seems to be an oversight. So far only the T400 stands out. X360, X720 and T200 seem to have perfect dry masses. 

This was requested earlier, maybe it's possible now, since there are such a thing in Stockalike Station Parts Redux, but cradles from this mod not go well with KPBS.

On 10/27/2016 at 3:14 AM, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils

Thank you for your great work.  But if you are accepting suggestions, here is what I would like to see.

2. auto leveling legs, to level the base in uneven terrain, not enough to make it unbalanced but how about a no more than 5 degree level. Mobile homes do this today so the technology already exist.  It can also be an action group that says level 

Thanks for taking my humble requests

12 minutes ago, DanBMan said:

Hey, love this mod! Would it be possible to make it compatible with Kerbal Health to have the base parts count as living spaces?

Actually, KPBS is already compatible with Kerbal Health. Just try it out. Personally, I haven't played with KPBS, so let me know if you see any problems (lack of support for some parts, bad balance etc.).

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Actually, KPBS is already compatible with Kerbal Health. Just try it out. Personally, I haven't played with KPBS, so let me know if you see any problems (lack of support for some parts, bad balance etc.).

Oh, just gave it a try and it seems to be working, must have done something wrong before / tried on an earlier version. Thanks! Big fan of your mod btw, love the aspect of having to give them space to live in. Kerbal Health+Snacks! is what I'm currently using and they go pretty well together, I just hope they don't conflict if the kerbals run out of snacks!

I might play around with the values to make these parts a bit more effective for Kerbal Health, my modding skill extends to being able to slightly modify existing .cfg files, not write entirely new ones lol (I haven't played in awhile so maybe I had it wrong on my previous install, I remember KH not even recognizing the parts and I could not for the life of me write a module file to fix it). Thanks again!

Edit: I think I found what it is, the parts for this mod seem to not have the same health bonuses as some other hab parts like, notably the thing that seems to restore health. Maybe that is why the amount of time they can spend in it seems to be less than some other hab parts (notably the parts from Station Part Expansion). I think I should be able to make them have these though! 

Edited by DanBMan

10 hours ago, DanBMan said:

I think I found what it is, the parts for this mod seem to not have the same health bonuses as some other hab parts like, notably the thing that seems to restore health. Maybe that is why the amount of time they can spend in it seems to be less than some other hab parts (notably the parts from Station Part Expansion). I think I should be able to make them have these though! 

The feature you are talking about is Recuperation (which restores a certain percentage of kerbals' lost health every day). It is relatively rare, so that you can't just spam recuperation parts. In KPBS, it is only provided by the cupola part (and then for just 1% of Recup for 2 kerbals).

PS: I don't want to hijack this thread to discuss Kerbal Health specifics, so if you have any more questions about that mod, you are welcome to ask them in the respective thread.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nils277, I think I found a potential bug. When I try to place the Planetary Base Heat Shield on any craft in VAB, the KSP freezes and has to be shut down via Task Manager. Sometimes it doesn't freeze outright, the game allows me to place that shield, and freezes a few seconds later. I think it happens when I hover my mouse over the already placed heat shield. The log file shows no errors - actually, it continues to print out other messages (from other mods), but the game is unresponsive. This only happens with that particular heat shield, nothing else. No other parts from your mod ever caused a freeze as far as I've checked. Is there anything special about that heat shield that could cause this weird issue?

On 2/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, aluc24 said:

@Nils277, I think I found a potential bug. When I try to place the Planetary Base Heat Shield on any craft in VAB, the KSP freezes and has to be shut down via Task Manager. Sometimes it doesn't freeze outright, the game allows me to place that shield, and freezes a few seconds later. I think it happens when I hover my mouse over the already placed heat shield. The log file shows no errors - actually, it continues to print out other messages (from other mods), but the game is unresponsive. This only happens with that particular heat shield, nothing else. No other parts from your mod ever caused a freeze as far as I've checked. Is there anything special about that heat shield that could cause this weird issue?

Hmm, will take a look into that. Ther is actually nothing special about the heat shield. Ita just a model that uses the mechanics that are already build into KSP. Maybe the update to 1.9 changed something about the modules and i have to update. What version of this mod and what version of KSP are you using?

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, will take a look into that. Ther is actually nothing special about the heat shield. Ita just a model that uses the mechanics that are already build into KSP. Maybe the update to 1.9 changed something about the modules and i have to update. What version of this mod and what version of KSP are you using?

I am still running KSP 1.8.1.2694. Latest version of Planetary Base Systems.