[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

23 hours ago, geekasylum said:

There is defiantly some interest here, however I dont often find myself using the Kontainers to store materials. Instead, I sit a UKS Inflatable Storage Module (the surface one, with the long extending legs) on top of a Cross-Way and then add a PB Planetary Adapter front and back, (with wheels and some small IR Extendatrons underneath to raise it up to allow docking of other ground PB modules still on the wheels) and a docking port at each end, with Flexible Corridors on the sides of the Cross-way. It works pretty well for me, so my storage / warehousing issues are solved. The ISM also works as a Planetary Warehouse, as opposed to the 2.5m Kontainer (tho the 3.75 and 5m Kontainers do function as Planetary warehouses (but not the 1.25 or 2.5m ones).

What I'd prefer is an adapter from the UKS MK III parts (which I still need for production), to PB so that I could dock them to the rest of the base.

For now, I've used ModuleManager to make a copies of the PB Habitat Mk2, and turn them into Worksops and Refineries etc (doing the same job as the UKS MK III modules did). The only one I havn't done this for is the UKS Mk III (Large) Sifter, but Im happy to park that off to the side and connect it to the base with Flexible Corridors.

Hmm. Those are good points. I was thinking of the 2.5m Kontainers as dockable sky-cranable units (use the adapters and wheels to dock, move to the crane) rather than as long-term storage, but the ISM is a good idea. I'll poke at that idea a bit. 

8 hours ago, mackadelik said:

Loving this mod, but the command module (sorry no pic) has the throttle handles and nav ball stuck in or clipping into the raster prop monitor display screens. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

I saw the same thing when I was trying to set up some shots for my story. looked like parts clipping through. 

3 hours ago, johnsonwax said:

Hmm. Those are good points. I was thinking of the 2.5m Kontainers as dockable sky-cranable units (use the adapters and wheels to dock, move to the crane) rather than as long-term storage, but the ISM is a good idea. I'll poke at that idea a bit. 

@johnsonwax - Hmm. That may also be useful for hauling resources into orbit (Particularly on Minimus). I hadnt thought that far ahead - Im still gatheriing / refining etc (and moving the remaining base bits into place). Right now, Im using everything I'm producing for EL (base building) to finish it off. Then its back into orbit to give the station some more attention... That's when I woiuld have got to thinking about that :P

Edited by geekasylum
Rewording

So, I've got a small base that I built on Minmus, but when I switch between ships around it, it suddenly starts doing these huge "worm" oscillations eventually flinging itself into space and blowing up.

I can send you a save-game if that makes troubleshooting easier.

Dave

Hello @Nils277 , I am using the airfilter from KK but the scrubber seems to works at very low efficiency not at 90% I am in sandbox no messages in log, any clue? Wrong config on the airfilter? Are they weaker in regards lets say a scrubber on a stock pod ?

I have added 8 Air Filter but as you can see it is not working at all:

hCyAPMl.jpg

if I add a pod the things change:

UIvJeV9.jpg

Edited by brusura

One of the landing leg nodes is a bit off on the Garage Structure part. One side is good, but the other sits slightly above where the node should be and is slightly rotated. Mostly cosmetic, but anyone trying to birth one one of these things out of a Mk4 spaceplane cargo bay can barely spare the extra inch. :wink:

On 15.7.2016 at 10:25 PM, mackadelik said:

Loving this mod, but the command module (sorry no pic) has the throttle handles and nav ball stuck in or clipping into the raster prop monitor display screens. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Thanks, for the report. I will take care of that in the next update :wink:

17 hours ago, johnsonwax said:

One of the landing leg nodes is a bit off on the Garage Structure part. One side is good, but the other sits slightly above where the node should be and is slightly rotated. Mostly cosmetic, but anyone trying to birth one one of these things out of a Mk4 spaceplane cargo bay can barely spare the extra inch. :wink:

Will look at that for the next update :wink:

On 16.7.2016 at 10:33 PM, Schtoopid said:

So, I've got a small base that I built on Minmus, but when I switch between ships around it, it suddenly starts doing these huge "worm" oscillations eventually flinging itself into space and blowing up.

I can send you a save-game if that makes troubleshooting easier.

Dave

Hi Dave,

this does sometimes seem to happen when your base is build with multiple docking ports. I already have tried to find a way to prevent or reduce this issue but have not found a soultion for this yet. This does however also happen with stock parts.
One method that can at least be used in orbit is to switch into time acceleration for a very short time because this stops all physics calculation. That may not work that well on the surface of a planet however.

On 15.7.2016 at 7:23 PM, Spodershibe said:

Well, when you launch the ship, they detatch from their containers, and appear to be swinging around or something. Here is a picture:

[SNIP]

Notice how they are not attached too the inline storage. If they were higher, like when I found the glitch, they would be doing this weird swinging thing

Does this only happen to the water container? And if yes only the big ones or also the small ones? There should be nothing different between them and other containers for resources. Do you use the water container for USI or for TAC? I will have to check that. 

On 17.7.2016 at 0:57 PM, brusura said:

Hello @Nils277 , I am using the airfilter from KK but the scrubber seems to works at very low efficiency not at 90% I am in sandbox no messages in log, any clue? Wrong config on the airfilter? Are they weaker in regards lets say a scrubber on a stock pod ?

I have added 8 Air Filter but as you can see it is not working at all:

[SNIP]

if I add a pod the things change:

[SNIP]

You are right, the Scrubber for Kerbalsim does not work as expected. It still has the resource rates from before Kerbalsim switched to use the resource defenitions of CRP. Therefore the Scrubber works at a ~750 times lower rate. I will fix that on in the next update.

Edited by Nils277

ever wanted a cool also maybe Star Trek-ish looking shuttle craft/transporter?

well, this mod made my day(s) :D ... and still does!

STshuttle71ba.png

EDIT: found a bug (obviously just graphically)

planetarycc4ab.png

is that supposed to look like this? .. i mean besides the panorama is astonishing in that cupuola >.<

Edited by LatiMacciato

Hey guys. I've got a bit of a problem with my K&K Planetary Control Hub on Duna, pictured below:

l3ywUZK.png

As you can see, I've got a lot of experiments in it. The plan was to pack them all into the shuttle and bring all of them home at once. But...

dZ0eQIb.png

When Bob EVA's, he doesn't have the "Take Data" option. I can't seem to get the experiments out of the Hub at all.

Any idea how I can fix this?

(Edit) In this particular case, I fixed it with the dark magic of save editing: copied the experiments to Bob's ScienceContainer module in the quicksave and revised their parent part id to refer to Bob himself.

But it's still an issue to be aware of. I think it's caused by the CollectDataExternalEvent's "unfocusedRange" variable being set to 2 (meters), which due to the size of the part means you can never get close enough to the parts origin for the option to appear.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Quasar

Another idea is if there is another part on that base that can hold stored data - or if you can attach one via KAS/KIS - you could use Ship Manifest to transfer the science to that part and see if you can retrieve it from there.  (Or you may not even need to retrieve it, if you can attach your return ship directly.)

unsure if thats already known or if your already working on @Nils277 .. but i cannot attach things at the 4x and 6x storages if there were already double-module-sized modules in there (basicly the joints/knots/big bubbles doesnt appear to attach)

check this screens .. they might explain what i mean more

KPBS_4x_6x810c.png

KPBS_4x_6x77bd.png

im yet having massive fun building with these parts tho :D

UPDATE: its working again ... after saving/loading and a complete game restart

KPBS_4x_6xa079.png

Edited by LatiMacciato

5 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

unsure if thats already known or if your already working on @Nils277 .. but i cannot attach things at the 4x and 6x storages if there were already double-module-sized modules in there (basicly the joints/knots/big bubbles doesnt appear to attach)

I have same problem with a base on the mun, but that do not go away with reload sadly :-(

19 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

check this screens .. they might explain what i mean more

KPBS_4x_6x810c.png

KPBS_4x_6x77bd.png

im yet having massive fun building with these parts tho :D

UPDATE: its working again ... after saving/loading and a complete game restart

KPBS_4x_6xa079.png

13 hours ago, brusura said:

I have same problem with a base on the mun, but that do not go away with reload sadly :-(

This is actually an old known bug i can't do anything about :( Sometimes KPS does not notice when a part is detached and therefore thinks that the nodes are still used. It also happens sometimes in the editor but has improved since the last few updates.
Unfortunately there is no way i know of to let KPS know that a node is no longer taken. This bug seems to happen more often when there are more than 2 attach-nodes at one part.

On 23.7.2016 at 3:40 AM, Quasar said:

Hey guys. I've got a bit of a problem with my K&K Planetary Control Hub on Duna, pictured below:

l3ywUZK.png

As you can see, I've got a lot of experiments in it. The plan was to pack them all into the shuttle and bring all of them home at once. But...

dZ0eQIb.png

When Bob EVA's, he doesn't have the "Take Data" option. I can't seem to get the experiments out of the Hub at all.

Any idea how I can fix this?

(Edit) In this particular case, I fixed it with the dark magic of save editing: copied the experiments to Bob's ScienceContainer module in the quicksave and revised their parent part id to refer to Bob himself.

But it's still an issue to be aware of. I think it's caused by the CollectDataExternalEvent's "unfocusedRange" variable being set to 2 (meters), which due to the size of the part means you can never get close enough to the parts origin for the option to appear.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the report, i will fix this for the next version. :) 

@Nils277 ty for at least trying to, i understand and hopefully they fix that issue asap :D ..but as far i noticed quicksaving right before re-attaching, goto space center, then go back works .. if not --> reloading the game does too

i really appreciate your work you bring in .. working on a starbase here with your parts :Dstarbase50f6.png

On 7/19/2016 at 7:12 AM, Nils277 said:

Does this only happen to the water container? And if yes only the big ones or also the small ones? There should be nothing different between them and other containers for resources. Do you use the water container for USI or for TAC? I will have to check that. 

It only happens with the water container, it happens with both the large and small, and I am using the container for USI

Hello

I encoutered a problem after the last update. I build a ship based on the airodynamic garage cover to drop modules on minun. The picture shows, that now instead of just the big cover option, every cover option is active at the same time on the ship. How can i fix this?

20160727221423_1.jpg

Hi folks, sorry for the quiet and inactive time. There is just way to much RL stuff that can be done in the summer. Hope i will have something for you (at least bug fixes) end of next week.
Going on holidays soon and want to at least have the bugs fixed.

On 25.7.2016 at 10:43 PM, S1mancoder said:

Playing career mode I noticed that material lab modular K&K Science Container included in this mod costs 23k, that is probably not intended, comparing to stock 880 credits material lab.

Uhm yeah, you are right, that is way too expensive. Will be fixed! :wink: 

On 26.7.2016 at 1:24 AM, Spodershibe said:

It only happens with the water container, it happens with both the large and small, and I am using the container for USI

Thanks, will look at that.

On 27.7.2016 at 10:38 PM, 3742jay said:

Hello

I encoutered a problem after the last update. I build a ship based on the airodynamic garage cover to drop modules on minun. The picture shows, that now instead of just the big cover option, every cover option is active at the same time on the ship. How can i fix this?

20160727221423_1.jpg

Jep, i know of that one, i messed up when i optimized the code last time. I already have a fix internally and will release it with the next update. 

General information:

You might not like to hear this but i have not yet invested much work to redo the models for EPL and OSE Workshop. The models on the USB-Drive i lost already were quite far and i somehow lack the motivation at the moment to do them all once again.
But i hope to get my motivation back soonTM I'm sorry about that. :( 

hey guys, I finally downloaded this mod but I cant seam to get it to work 1.1.3 I have a couple other mods and just cant seem to get this one to work, can anybody point me in a direction to figure this out?

thanx again

Exp1

2 minutes ago, exp1 said:

hey guys, I finally downloaded this mod but I cant seam to get it to work 1.1.3 I have a couple other mods and just cant seem to get this one to work, can anybody point me in a direction to figure this out?

thanx again

Exp1

What exactly isn't working? Are none of the parts showing up? Are you having issues with certain parts? What other mods are you using in conjunction with this?

Basically, what is it that you are trying to do that you can't do? :)