[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

The prediction that updating KPBS for 1.2 to be one week might have been a bit pessimistic.

This means KPBS v1.1.5 is now online!

Changelog:

Update for KSP 1.2:

• Recompiled plugin dll
  • Moved some parts to the new categories
  • Added internal antennas to the command and control parts
  • Updated custom filter for the new categories
  • Added Experience Management to Science Lab and Central Hub
  • Added Kerbnet Access to Science Lab, Central Hub and Automatic Control Units (MAL and HAL)
  • Added probe control points to Control, Central Hub and HAL.

Enchancements:

• The windows of the cupola is a bit more clear now
  • The KSPEdia entries now use stock backgrounds again
  • Added four new entries for KSPEdia
  • New icons for the categories in the mods custom filter
  • Cleaned up and documented source code a bit more
  • Removed all usages of Linq from the plugin to enhance performance

Mod Support:

• Added hydrogen container for TAC-LS support
  • Rebalanced Storage for Life Support Resources (TAC-LS)

Bug Fixes:

• The Greenhouse container now produces the right amount of food (TAC-LS)
  • The set resource rates for the converters and the greenhouse are now saved
  • The K&K Airfilter Container does work again (thanks to @Dr. Jet)
  • Various fixes for CLS passability (thanks to @Yaar Podshipnik)
  • Fixed typo in the description of the airfilter

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

Notes on this update:

• This version is only compatible with KSP 1.2, earlier versions do not work!
  • It is not jet declared as 1.2 compatible on Curse. This will be changed as soon as it supports the option for 1.2.
  • To my knowledge all known bugs are fixed at the moment. If anyone has reported a bug that is still present in this version, please tell me, i probably forgot about it.
  • New bugs can also be reported of course! :wink: 

Edit: The Sample Craft has now been updated too!

Edited by Nils277

9 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Game is hanging on load with 1.5 pbi, it freezes loading KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g

Had the same issue . Do you have usi- ls installed? If so remove usi-ls and try it that did the trick for me. I had the pre release version. Had Not tested with latest Kbps version. Will do so soon

Just now, Rafael acevedo said:

Had the same issue . Do you have usi- ls installed? If so remove usi-ls and try it that did the trick for me. I had the pre release version. Had Not tested with latest Kbps version. Will do so soon

Are you running latest version on 1.2 or 1.1.3?

46 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Game is hanging on load with 1.5 pbi, it freezes loading KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g

33 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Can you two send me a log-file as described in the OP? I have just tested it with the newest version of USI-LS and it does not hang while loading for me.
Only thing i see is that USI-LS now also adds a category to the Function-Filter with the name "Life Support" so there is a confilict with KPBS...darn

Edited by Nils277

Hey Nils, quick question/thought for you: with RoverDude's most recent USI updates, he added the ability for large Kontainer to be able to toggle physicsless mode on and off. This means that, when you are transporting two of them with different weights side-by-side, the mass is applied to the CoM of the vessel, rather than being unevenly distributed. 

When I saw this change, I immediately thought of KPBS. I'm pretty much trapped at work until Saturday, but I hope to play around with MM patches and see if I can apply this mechanic to any/all KPBS parts in my install. 

If it works, is this something you would like to have a copy of, or would that feel like cheating to you? 

33 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Hey Nils, quick question/thought for you: with RoverDude's most recent USI updates, he added the ability for large Kontainer to be able to toggle physicsless mode on and off. This means that, when you are transporting two of them with different weights side-by-side, the mass is applied to the CoM of the vessel, rather than being unevenly distributed. 

When I saw this change, I immediately thought of KPBS. I'm pretty much trapped at work until Saturday, but I hope to play around with MM patches and see if I can apply this mechanic to any/all KPBS parts in my install. 

If it works, is this something you would like to have a copy of, or would that feel like cheating to you? 

Hmm, it would be kinda cheating because it means that the parts are also not considered for drag etc (at least that is my latest information on that). This might be a good idea for small part but when the whole top is physicsless, it makes the flight a LOT easier. I will nontheless take a look at it when you send me some configs, maybe it changed that theses parts are now considered for drag etc. 

35 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

You really have a lot of mods installed. Are you sure they are all updated to 1.2 yet?

The crash happens in the class "WildBlueIndustries" so its probably the Pathfinder mod, it adds some functionality to the Greenhouse.
@Angel-125 do you know what might have happened there? :) 

Edited by Nils277

10 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, it woudl be kinda cheating because it means that the parts are also not considered for drag etc (at least that is my latest information on that). This might be a good idea for small part but when the while top is physicsless, it makes the flight a LOT easier. I will nontheless take a look at it when you send me some configs, maybe it changed that theses parts are now considered for drag etc. 

Not going to lie, I completely forgot about drag. :P I'll keep playing around with this and see what I can come up with. 

Thank you for the quick update.

Parts are still showing up in default KSP categories when separateFunctionFilter is set to True, though. Is there a way to suppress them? I only want to see them in the Planetary Surface Structures category. Also, that category is showing all deprecated parts.

Edited by Kerbart

21 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, it would be kinda cheating because it means that the parts are also not considered for drag etc (at least that is my latest information on that).

This used to be true way, way back in the day, but nowadays "Physicsless" parts still have drag. Pretty easy way to test, though!

Also, the definition of Physicsless has been getting more and more peculiar.

3 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Thank you for the quick update.

Parts are still showing up in default KSP categories when separateFunctionFilter is set to True, though. Is there a way to suppress them? I only want to see them in the base building category.

I know, :wink: Already have a fix for this. Works in my code again. Will post an update as soon as the reason for the frozen loading screen is found. :) 

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

I know, :wink: Already have a fix for this. Works in my code again. Will post an update as soon as the reason for the frozen loading screen is found. :) 

Awesome! Will this also fix the deprecated parts showing up?

My game isn't freezing when loading, btw. But I'm not using USI Life Support. Hope that helps.

4 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Awesome! Will this also fix the deprecated parts showing up?

My game isn't freezing when loading, btw. But I'm not using USI Life Support. Hope that helps.

Where are they still showing?

Hi Nils and thanks for the hard work.

I do have the frozen loading screen on "KKAOSS.Greenhouse.g". It appears to be a conflict with USI-LS and Pathfinder :

Planetay Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) = fine

Planetary Base System (1.1.5) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = fine

Planetay Base System (1.1.5) + USI-LS (0.5.0.0) + Pathfinder (1.2.3) = freeze

Here is my log with the three mod (+ module manager (2.7.1)) : https://mega.nz/#!Us81SJLB!VQaAaAaUEmAe1zBzUSTd63pA_xaz3NbsTXJuU-UK418

Edited by Li0n

@Kerbart No, you don't need to make a list :wink: I will look at it. But i'm afraid, that they will still at least remain e.g. in the filter for manufacturer and/or modules, since these filters work automatically and can't be circumvent.

Edit: If you want them completely gone and know that you don't have a vessel left with them, you can remove the folder GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Parts\Legacy and the parts GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Parts\Wheels\LandingGear.cfg.and GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Parts\Wheels\LandingGear.mu

Edited by Nils277

2 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

@Kerbart No, you don't need to make a list :wink: I will look at it. But i'm afraid, that they will still at least remain e.g. in the filter for manufacturer and/or modules, since these filters work automatically and can't be circumvent-

You're right, they're showing there, too. But I hardly ever use those filters. :)

5 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Edit: If you want them completely gone and know that you don't have a vessel left with them, you can remove the folder GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Parts\Legacy and the parts GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Parts\Wheels\LandingGear.cfg.and GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Parts\Wheels\LandingGear.mu

Awesome, that does the trick! Is that something that can be included in the readme or is this a fix until the next update is rolled out?

Depends if i manage to remove all deprecated parts from the filters. If this is possible, this step wont be needed anymore. (It would also have to be made with every update)

On the other hand, i might as well remove them completely from the mod and provide a download with the deprecated parts for those who still need them. This will also remove some clutter

Edited by Nils277

6 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

On the other hand, i might as well remove them completely from the mod and provide a download with the deprecated parts for those who still need them. This will also remove some clutter

Or with the same zip file but in a separate folder. It'd still be optional to install them, but provides “one stop shopping” for those who do need them. Or would that introduce problems with CKAN?

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

Or with the same zip file but in a separate folder. It'd still be optional to install them, but provides “one stop shopping” for those who do need them. Or would that introduce problems with CKAN?

Yes, CKAN will most likely have its problems with this. :(