[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@FlyingKiwibird Have you enabled "Advanced Tweakables" in the Settings of KSP? The staging for the docking ports will only be available when this option is enabled even when "stagingEnabled" is set to true in the config. 

Yes, the setting only appears when Advanced Tweakables is enabled. However, when i press enable staging nothing the option to stage trough the ''spacebar staging menu'' does not appear. I looked in my Config Files but the setting stagingEnabled does not exist. Can i add it myself in the standard part parameters?

Hi Nils,

first off great mod and i love it. Keep up the good work.

But i ran into an issue today.

With TAC-LS being updated for 1.2 (v 0.12.5) all of the LS-converters of KPBS seem to be broken. They don't show any LS I/O in the VAB/SPH and don't convert anything.

I made a small testcraft for illustration here.

Maybe you can have a look at it.

@Nils277@taniwha released an updated version of Modular Fuel Tanks for KSP 1.2, and there appears to be a conflict now with KPBS such that KSP is stuck on the loading screen when it reaches KKAOSS_RCS_Tank. This only happens for me with MFT installed.

Here's the relevant excerpt from the log:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:35:20.326] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_RCS/KKAOSS_RCS_Tank'
[LOG 09:35:20.334] PartLoader: Part 'PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_RCS/KKAOSS_RCS_Tank' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 09:35:20.335] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KKAOSS.RCS.Tank'
[EXC 09:35:20.486] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks.MarkWindowDirty ()
    RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks.RaiseResourceListChanged ()
    RealFuels.Tanks.FuelTank.AddTank (Double value)
    RealFuels.Tanks.FuelTank.set_maxAmount (Double value)
    RealFuels.Tanks.FuelTank.InitializeAmounts ()
    RealFuels.Tanks.FuelTank.CreateCopy (RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks toModule, .ConfigNode overNode, Boolean initializeAmounts)
    RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks.UpdateTankType (Boolean initializeAmounts)
    RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks.GetInfo ()
    PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

I think I found the issue: next in the load iteration is KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank but Real Fuels and MFT have differing tank type definitions. Where RF has ElectricPropulsion, the relevant type in MFT is "type = Xenon", and there is no ElectricPropulsion type defined.

@PART[KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:FOR[PlanetarySurfaceStructures]:NEEDS[RealFuels|ModularFuelTanks]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		volume = 480
		type = ElectricPropulsion
	}
}

The solution is to simply split this into two entries in your config file. It also looks like this isn't new, since RF changed definitions when KSP 1.0 was released. Odd that this wasn't found earlier...

----------------------------------------

I spoke too soon about the solution. It looks like it's still getting stuck. :(

Edited by danfarnsy

1 hour ago, danfarnsy said:

I should move that report over to MFT, since, after deleting the config file in KPBS, it subsequently had the same NRE with Procedural Parts.

The proposed solution was correct. There should not be a :NEEDS[RealFuels|ModularFuelTanks] because one uses stock resources and tank types that cater to them. The other (Real Fuels) lacks those tank types. If the problem also happens with Procedural Parts then a similar configuration issue might exist there too. So it should be split off into two configs. One handling MFT and the other handling RF.

It might be ok to catch the exception in ModuleFuelTanks (I'll look at the problem since I am a contributor for RF) and allow processing to continue but the basic problem would remain and the KKAOSS_RCS_Tank part would be left with an improperly configured fuel tank. I.e. masking the original problem. (so it might NOT be a  good idea to change current behavior. I'll ping @taniwha too)

Edited by Starwaster

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

The proposed solution was correct.

It should have been correct, unless I misidentified what the problem was. But changing it to "type = Xenon" didn't resolve the issue. Neither did splitting it into two entries (one with :NEEDS[RealFuels] with "type = ElectricPropulsion" and one with :NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks] with "type = Xenon"). Getting rid of the config file let it progress until it ran into the error somewhere else. I'll admit I wasn't comprehensive, and I may have forgotten to delete the MM cache between changes. 

Here's why I think it might be something else: the confusion with tank type definitions should have existed in KSP 1.1.3. In that install I have MFT and KPBS, and it loads just fine. RF introduced ElectricPropulsion instead of Xenon well before that (according to the RF change log). I just verified that MFT's definitions and KPBS's config files haven't changed between then and now. I wonder if it's somehow connected to @taniwha reintroducing MarkWindowDirty () in his latest update? I'm only guessing, though, since I don't follow exactly what he's doing with that in his code. I just know it's the first thing listed when the null reference exception is thrown.

I've removed MFT for the time being. Talk about masking the problem, eh?

Edited by danfarnsy

@danfarnsy

Sorry, I was looking mainly at the combined NEEDS and recognizing that it does need to be split into two configs. One that handles MFT and the other that handles RF. I didn't properly address the specifics. But it definitely should be split off into two in order to work properly with either Real Fuels and Modular Fuel Tanks.

(MFT uses Xenon; RF uses ElectricPropulsion as tank types)

One issue I have with the cool pie formed modules is that they tend to be impossible to add into their module holder with KAS.
It looks like the attachment node inside them tend to disappear then the old module is removed. 
This is not an new issue, had it back in 1.0 then I started using planetary bases.
Make the holder pretty pointless as I see it.

Something is broken with the Landing Gear2.  It keeps replicating in the Tech Tree (Advanced Motors).  In that node, it shows it twice; one as owned, one as unowned.  In the VAB, it shows it as unowned. However, right-clicking it does not give me the option to research it.  If i research it in the R&D building, it still shows it as unowned in the VAB.  Upon returning to the R&D, it shows it owned two times and a third unowned icon.  Return to the VAB, and it is unowned as before.

My GameData folder contains only:

1. Squad
  2. PlanetaryBaseInc
  3. Module Manager 2.7.1.dll (and its other files)
Edited by Apollo13

That are a lot of new issues. 

I know the reason for the TAC LS converters. Will fix them asap. The same for RF and MFT. They will be split and further tested. 

The problem with the storage racks missing their nodes is a known (and old) bug in KSP. It sometimes seems to not realize when a part is detached from another. This happens more often when there are multiple nodes it seems. Can't do much about this though as it is a stock bug.

@Apollo13 this might be related to a bug where KSP duplicates a part when it is unlocked in the TT and then moved by an update to another node. What you described might be the result when a part is then moved again to its previous TT node (e.g. CTT was uninstalled?) Can you send me your save? Might be able to fix it in there. 

Had I been thinking, I should have provided the log file at the least.  Mea culpa.  Regardless, here is a link to zipped Save file.  It includes the last log file as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aophebl4kilu0g5/Rick_12.zip?dl=0

EDIT:  I just now deleted the mod and re-installed it.  The Landing Gear 2 is now showing only once in the TT.  It shows it as owned in the VAB.  So, maybe that's the solution: delete and install.

Thanks for this great mod.

Edited by Apollo13

Not sure if noticed, but the fuel base, doesn't seem to transfer to another fuel base if docked. if using the large docking port from two fuel systems and transfering fuel wont work.

Only allows to the parts of the same vessel(without docking ports)

1 hour ago, Nud said:

Not sure if noticed, but the fuel base, doesn't seem to transfer to another fuel base if docked. if using the large docking port from two fuel systems and transfering fuel wont work.

Only allows to the parts of the same vessel(without docking ports)

This seems like fuel flow through the docking ports is disabled. You can enable it in the menu when you right click on the docking ports. I take a look at the parts and make sure it is enabled by default. 

11 hours ago, Nils277 said:

The same for RF and MFT. They will be split and further tested. 

While it is still a good idea to split the config files for RF and MFT, the particular bug I was reporting wasn't due to this, apparently. It was a MFT issue which taniwha fixed with an update this morning. FYI.

18 hours ago, Nud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As you can see the picture crossfeed is enabled and the option to transfer fuel doesn't show on both thanks

That is indeed not as intended. Will try to fix this for the next version. 

13 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

While it is still a good idea to split the config files for RF and MFT, the particular bug I was reporting wasn't due to this, apparently. It was a MFT issue which taniwha fixed with an update this morning. FYI.

Thanks :-) Good to know that it at least does not crash anymore.

22 hours ago, Nils277 said:

That are a lot of new issues. 

I know the reason for the TAC LS converters. Will fix them asap. The same for RF and MFT. They will be split and further tested. 

The problem with the storage racks missing their nodes is a known (and old) bug in KSP. It sometimes seems to not realize when a part is detached from another. This happens more often when there are multiple nodes it seems. Can't do much about this though as it is a stock bug.

@Apollo13 this might be related to a bug where KSP duplicates a part when it is unlocked in the TT and then moved by an update to another node. What you described might be the result when a part is then moved again to its previous TT node (e.g. CTT was uninstalled?) Can you send me your save? Might be able to fix it in there. 

Ok understand, Found an radial connection node who can be used for patching this. 
An just found out about the TAC-LS modules did not work :) primary is just getting the modules for building :)

More bugs found.

All parts using TacGenericConverter are broken. Seems that new TAC LS build doesn't support old-style comma-separated configs:

You should re-config them like this:

MODULE
    {
        name = TacGenericConverter
        converterName = Greenhouse
        StartActionName = Start Growing Plants
        StopActionName = Start Growing Plants
        tag = Life Support        
        GeneratesHeat = false

INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = CarbonDioxide
            Ratio = 0.000187434623617525
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Water
            Ratio = 0.000000457030228799
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Waste
            Ratio = 0.000000286462536029
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Organics
            Ratio = 0.0000004537609069
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = ElectricCharge
            Ratio = 0.0245098039215686
        }        
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Oxygen
            Ratio = 0.00021699209123848
            DumpExcess = false
        }    
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Food
            Ratio = 0.00004217941516789
            DumpExcess = true
        }    
    }

On 15.10.2016 at 0:28 PM, Nils277 said:

I know the reason for the TAC LS converters. Will fix them asap...

I'm a bit of slowpoke, am I? 

Show your base designs. Looking for some inspiration here.

fYL5pAHh.png
Design I test out now, basicaly 3 rows center with the large core, greenhouse and isru, drills and life support on who of the outriggers and the huge base fuel tanks on the other side, they can be removed.
Challenge is: balancing this then get it into orbit.