[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

So Nils. With 1.1 out as of today, the question on everyones mind is this. "Will that time line prediction for the 1.1 update hold true?"

Sorry if it feels like im trying to presure you or anything. Just curious as to what a rough estimate will look like for the complete 1.1 overhaul.

Can't say for sure. I recompiled against the official release and there do not seem to be any critical errors.
It is still missing most of the adjustments for the cutoff feature though. I want to add them and make further testing before i can say there is a stable release. Hopefully there will be something in one to two weeks.

You can still use the experimental release in the meantime. It still seems to be functional. 

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

No worries testing the new features, although can you put experimental in ckan?

Unfortunately not. I would have to make the update on Spacedock. Where many would download it without even noticing it is still experimental and complain. I know in Ckan one can set if the update is set as stable or not, but not when the mod is uploaded through Spacedock :(

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Unfortunately not. I would have to make the update on Spacedock. Where many would download it without even noticing it is still experimental and complain. I know in Ckan one can set if the update is set as stable or not, but not when the mod is uploaded through Spacedock :(

No problem I'll do it the hard way:cool:

I guess what I am saying is that normally 'other stuff becomes fertilizer' (I think KPBS uses Ore, USI uses Gypsum, USI-LS will have it's own drill bundled soon).  Only because turning mulch into fertilizer will cause resource starvation for other USI-LS parts

On 4/20/2016 at 10:15 PM, Nils277 said:

Can't say for sure. I recompiled against the official release and there do not seem to be any critical errors.
It is still missing most of the adjustments for the cutoff feature though. I want to add them and make further testing before i can say there is a stable release. Hopefully there will be something in one to two weeks.

You can still use the experimental release in the meantime. It still seems to be functional. 

It's a tricky thing to get right, Unity loves to rotate things all over the place whenever you import a model loL, but the over all effect is so worth the trouble. Your mod is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished results! 

Update 1.0.8 for KSP 1.1

"Good news everybody":

The "official" update for 1.1 is now available and can be downloaded from here:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

Changelog:

v1.0.8

Update to 1.1

• Updated Landing Legs and Wheels
  • Better support for the new Cutaway feature
  • Added TAGS for searching
  • Recompiled plugin dll

Enhancements:

• The deployable parts can now also be deployed in the VAB/SPH
  • Adjusted data storage of the Science Laboratory

Mod Support:

• Updated support for RPM (new transparent pod feature). Thanks to JPLRepo.

Bug Fix:

• The IVA of the Corridor Airlock is now rotated correctly
  • The visual glitch for the Bi-Cupler when obscured by a transparent part in the editor does not appear in 1.1 anymore.

There are still some things that need to be done for 1.1, e.g. entries for KSPedia. The full list of things missing can be found in the OP.

I have not updated the garage to be bigger yet because i want to wait for the Malemute @RoverDude is creating in his Twitch streams, so it will fit too in the garages too.
Unfortunately i have discovered this neat rover too late because my first models for a rover are also kinda inspired by "Last days on Mars": 

lvOIJ7a.png

I'm really not sure if there would be a need for it once the Malemute is released :(

It's a tricky thing to get right, Unity loves to rotate things all over the place whenever you import a model loL, but the over all effect is so worth the trouble. Your mod is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished results! 

Well it is....and im still not used to it well after one year of modding :wink:

Edited by Nils277

59 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Unfortunately i have discovered this neat rover too late because my first models for a rover are also kinda inspired by "Last days on Mars": 

I'm really not sure if there would be a need for it once the Malemute is released :(

Hey. I really like your Mod. It's (In my opionion) in many ways the best base system (Looks stock-alike, fits well within standard sizes, super modular, highly functional etc.).  And that rover cockpit looks fantastic. Even if Roverdude is making something similar, I would rather prefer to not download a whole 'nother part heavy modpack. Of course it's up to you if you want to take on so much additional work, but just so you know: I (and probably many other people here) would love to have a Rover made by you, fitting your own mod theme and integrating into your base system as a whole.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

lvOIJ7a.png

That is a pretty awesome looking cabin though. Can I encouage you to do something with it? Maybe an observational lounge or control tower or a rover cockpit just on it's own?

11 minutes ago, SmarterThanMe said:

That is a pretty awesome looking cabin though. Can I encouage you to do something with it? Maybe an observational lounge or control tower or a rover cockpit just on it's own?

I do not plan to give up on making the rover :wink: Just not sure if it will be used at all.

18 hours ago, Wardstone111 said:

Just a LS idea: You could add full support for Kerbalism in the greenhouse an other life support parts.

This is already on the todo list :wink:

18 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

With USI and this mod how do I recycle mulch into fertilizer?  There is no way to do so as far as I can tell.

As RoverDude and DStaal said, the Algae Container converts mulch + ore into fertilizer. I set the resource rations for this part in a way that it does not take too much mulch and therefore allows a full cycle.

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

I do not plan to give up on making the rover :wink: Just not sure if it will be used at all

I'd argue that dedicated K&K rover system can be quite useful, especially if you throw in some adapters to haul base modules or even create mobile bases, mining rigs, and such, though that would probably require custom wheels. 

44 minutes ago, Rho-Mu 34 said:

I'd argue that dedicated K&K rover system can be quite useful, especially if you throw in some adapters to haul base modules or even create mobile bases, mining rigs, and such, though that would probably require custom wheels. 

Well, the rover will be a separate mod. But yes, some adapter to be compatible with KPBS will be probably there.

But i think we are getting a bit off-topic here soooo.....has anyone already found bugs with v1.0.8 yet? :D

Edited by Nils277

30 minutes ago, Hippu said:

Just updated to 1.1 and one of my stations can't load into the game. I think it is because of this mod(?)

Here is the error message: http://imgur.com/9pyNSa3

And here is screenshot from the mod files, is that one part missing a .dds file? http://imgur.com/wLHGVAQ

Oh, i will test that asap. The big KIS tank actually also uses the texture of the small tank. Is the small tank also missing (e.g. In the VAB) or just the big one?