[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

You will have to explain to me (via PM, please, so as not to clutter this thread) how this:

My opinion on MKS is that Its convoluted and does not lend itself very well to new players. Not to say it isn't a good Mod, it just has a steep learning curve, and it feels cluttered to me.  Like I have said in the MKS thread, if you give someone a greenhouse, then ask them, "Ok, whats next?" Most can answer, seeds/water/dirt and fertilizer.  But give a new player the MKS's Greenhouse and they don't have a clue where to start and maintain it.

Is not feedback about MKS. I gather you don't care for MKS and that is fine, but please don't use other threads to go on about it.

2 hours ago, alloytheboy said:

is anyone else having the problem of the modules not appearing in the VAB or SPH with the 1.2.2 update?

Haven't heard of anyone yet.

Is KPBS installed at the right position 'Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc'? This is the most common cause for this problem.

If the location is right, can you post a link to the log file from KSP (KSP.log)? You can find it in the same folder as the KSP executable. 

Update to 1.3.10

Changelog:

General:

• Updated CCK

Enchancements:

• Added Attachment Nodes to the Garage Structure

Mod Support:

• Updated support for Kerbalism (1.1.5) (with two profiles Classic and Default)
  • Adjusted waste usage and production for TAC LS for better compatibility

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Texture of the Garage Adapter

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

Edited by Nils277

3 hours ago, ridik58 said:

Hello sorry for my english!
I can not find the part to recycle the snack with the mod planetary base system
thank you

as far I know there is no part that recycles, but I have a repo that adds some soil recyclers, look in my signature :P

Edited by LatiMacciato

12 hours ago, ridik58 said:

Hello sorry for my english!
I can not find the part to recycle the snack with the mod planetary base system
thank you

What life support mod do you have installed? Is it Snacks? If yesm it should be the Greenhouse wich is in the Life Support tab. I will take a look if it is there for me.

12 hours ago, tsaven said:

For what it's worth, as soon as RD releases some Mod Compatibility guidelines I plan on sorting out the configs for all of the Hab and life-support related KPBS parts.

Hehe :) That is a hell of a project :wink: 

2 hours ago, Cam Kerman said:

Hi,

Amazing mod! One issue I am running into is that landing gear seems to not be loading anymore. The both landing legs load fine and are available in both the VAB & SPH, but the retractable wheels have gone missing!

Do you mean the one with legs and wheels? This one was deprecated very long ago. If you mean the one only with the wheels, it should be there. Will take a look later if they are missing for me too. Could you try to reinstall KPBS (completely deleting it before) maybe something has gone wrong with the download/extraction.

46 minutes ago, ethambutol said:

Time for the spreadsheets and monkeywrenching once more! :D Tonight!

Uh oh.... :D
Hopefully i will not have to change much again.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Hehe :) That is a hell of a project :wink:

Eh, work has slowed down a bit and I'm mostly impatient for my own reasons.  :)  I love building bases with your parts, but I'm holding off on a couple of large colony builds because I'm waiting to see exactly how the balance works out with MKS so I can figure out what hardware I'll need.

@Nils277

From the new values, it looks okay for a space station of 15 kerbals in theory using a combination of TAC/KPBS modules. Food is no longer an issue and the whole ecosystem just requires an occasional water or oxygen topup to keep the kerbals alive indefinately.

That is until the TAC-LS people decide to screw around with their values. :P

Will confirm later ingame if there are any "accidents" in the cfgs.

-Addendum-

So far looking good in game.

Edited by ethambutol
No accidents

Been playing my most recent career game with this mod, awesome stuff.

vdg114.png

Mun base under construction, Crane in the background with plenty of IR parts for docking sections together.

Question though. The quarter round fuel tanks seem to hold absurd quantities. The K&K T200 holds 450/550, much more than the stock 2.5m tank which is four times the physical size! I wanted to start using some of these parts but it seems kind of cheating to have fuel tanks this small available. Is this intended? The worst contender is the K&K RCS container. With modular fuels, you can set it to hold almost 3 times as much mono as the 2.5m one

7 hours ago, DavefromNZ said:

Been playing my most recent career game with this mod, awesome stuff.

[SNIP]

Mun base under construction, Crane in the background with plenty of IR parts for docking sections together.

Question though. The quarter round fuel tanks seem to hold absurd quantities. The K&K T200 holds 450/550, much more than the stock 2.5m tank which is four times the physical size! I wanted to start using some of these parts but it seems kind of cheating to have fuel tanks this small available. Is this intended? The worst contender is the K&K RCS container. With modular fuels, you can set it to hold almost 3 times as much mono as the 2.5m one

Hmm, this is not really intended. The K&K T200 should have a lot less fuel than 450/550. Actually it should be 90/110....The T200 in its name should show its capacity combined.
The weird thing is, that i just looked into the config of it so see if i really made such a derp mistake and i found this:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 90
		maxAmount = 90
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 110
		maxAmount = 110
	}

So it shouldn't have such a high amount of fuel. Did you get the 450/550 with modular fuels too? Maybe the configs to support this mod are a bit outdated and have to be updated.

Edited by Nils277

38 minutes ago, Lord_intet said:

Do the bases explode if we make them too large or is it just a length or sas thing that does it. I'm using it in conjunction with Epl and it's getting pretty large so I'm getting worried lol

It's no one thing really - it has to do with imprecision on floating-point calculations, relating to locations and the surface of the planetoid you're on.  Lots of things can add on to it, and larger stations have more chances for errors to occur, but the root problem is that KSP's physics simulation is just a simulation, not an exact match.

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, this is not really intended. The K&K T200 should have a lot less fuel than 450/550. Actually it should be 90/110....The T200 in its name should show its capacity combined.
The weird thing is, that i just looked into the config of it so see if i really made such a derp mistake and i found this:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 90
		maxAmount = 90
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 110
		maxAmount = 110
	}

So it shouldn't have such a high amount of fuel. Did you get the 450/550 with modular fuels too? Maybe the configs to support this mod are a bit outdated and have to be updated.

Yeah seems to be a conflict with modular fuel tanks, my config file shows the same as yours. Removing MFT resulted in correct values in game.

I am using 1.1.3 ....... but I've just put the latest versions of both mods and module manager in the latest game version and the problem still exists.

14 hours ago, Lord_intet said:

Do the bases explode if we make them too large or is it just a length or sas thing that does it. I'm using it in conjunction with Epl and it's getting pretty large so I'm getting worried lol

Yes. It all has to do with terrain clipping and the CoM for the base. You need to build on a pretty flat piece of terrain and watch where the weight distribution goes.

Watch slowly in an incorrectly weight distributed base as slowly the modules vibrate, first gently, the more vigorously, then finally intensely and pieces get flung off and explode! (without KJR) or stay intact as the parts of your base furiously beat harder and harder against the surface of the planet/moon until they explode one by one (or together) until your base goes flying higher and higher above the ground, all the while with bits exploding (with KJR).

Yours truly,

Survivor of many base Krakenings.

Edited by ethambutol
More graphical scenes.

@Nils277 @DavefromNZ

I believe your problem lies in the MFT config in PBI/ModSupport/Configs/MFT/[longbloodyname].cfg file. In the file, the volume for that part is specified to be 1000, thus your 450/550 values. If MFT is not installed, it defaults to the container cfg (90/110) in the more intutitive place. This applies to *all* the containers that are influenced by MFT.

@DavefromNZ That would explain why the problem goes away as if KPBS doesn't detect the mod, it won't use the Modsupport config values.

Edited by ethambutol
Moar info

6 hours ago, ethambutol said:

@Nils277 @DavefromNZ

I believe your problem lies in the MFT config in PBI/ModSupport/Configs/MFT/[longbloodyname].cfg file. In the file, the volume for that part is specified to be 1000, thus your 450/550 values. If MFT is not installed, it defaults to the container cfg (90/110) in the more intutitive place. This applies to *all* the containers that are influenced by MFT.

@DavefromNZ That would explain why the problem goes away as if KPBS doesn't detect the mod, it won't use the Modsupport config values.

Expected as much...hmm at the time i made these configs the values seemed sensible to be. Will fix this in the next release

19 hours ago, Tarquinn said:

Please help. I have the latest version of the Planetary Base mod and KSP. I cannot run any science experiments.

This mod does not do anything that should cause the experiments to not be runnable. What other mods do you have installed?
Please upload a log file about when this happens (the KSP.log file that is at the same position as the KSP.exe). I need it to see what causes this bug.

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

This mod does not do anything that should cause the experiments to not be runnable. What other mods do you have installed?
Please upload a log file about when this happens (the KSP.log file that is at the same position as the KSP.exe). I need it to see what causes this bug.

Thanks for the reply. I seem to have fixed this myself. When I was getting the details about the mods you asked for, I finally noticed a GameData directory in the GameData directory with extra junk in it. Deleted it and problem solved.

I love this mod. Please keep it going.