[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

7 hours ago, TheSurvivor64 said:

How do  i make it English ? for me it's Russian and i have no idea what parts do :/

That is weird. It should be in english when KSP is in english. Can you take a look into the 'GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/Localization' folder? There should be the files 'en-us.cfg','ru.cfg','es-es.cfg' and 'ch-zn.cfg'

Are all files there?

Can you provide the KSP.log file? (it os in the same folder as the KSP executable) Maybe i can find im there why KSP chooses the wrong language.

You could try to delete all files except the 'en-us.cfg' this should solve the problem.

Edited by Nils277

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Rogirgg said:

I have been waiting for 30 minutes but nothing happensjpeg&tknv=v2&size=1249x528

What does not happen? Can you explain your problem?
Your post does not show the image you wanted to post.

I can only help you when you provide more information. (most important i need the KSP.log file to find any bugs if that is what your problem is). An explanation of your problem is also important.

Edited by Nils277

@happliy I looked at the log file and saw that the game crashes/hangs while switching from the view on the space center to the VAB/SPH

The error that appears is that the system runs out of memory. You have a 32bit windows operating system and can only use 3GB of RAM. This is not much for KSP. KSP using 4GB or more alone is not unusual. I think that the additional memory used by this mod is too much for your PC.

There are a few things you can try:

• Close all other programs except for KSP to have as much RAM availabile for it as possible. This especially accounts for internet browsers, they use a lot of RAM.
  • Reduce the texture quality in the graphics settings of KSP. E.g. half resolution for the textures. (May require a restart)
  • You can try to run the executable with -force-opengl to reduce the memory usage of KSP

@ Nils277All three methods are useless. I really like this MOD. But I'm frugal, so I don't want to buy more memory sticks. So I had to give up. I hope you can optimize the MOD to accommodate the low memory computer. I hope you can make more and better mods.

Edited by happliy

@happliy You can also try to delete the "ModSupport" folder in the "GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc" directory. It contains a lot of parts that are only available when you have other mods like Extraplanetary Launchpads or USI-LS installed. I saw in your log, that you do not have any of the mods that are supported so deleting this folder will do no harm but reduced the size of the mod by around 50%.

@Rogirgg does your problem still persist? If yes, i still need a bit more information to help you. 

Really love this mod and the feline rovers. There isn't a adapter to integrate modules from KPBS on the rovers? That would be awesome and very useful.

And I use TAC-LS. This guide says the Mun don't have water: https://github.com/Nils277/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/wiki/Life-Support-Guide#tac-ls

But I found it, with the stock sensors and the narrow band sensor for water on KPBS - they all show the same results, no conflicts or duplicates. It is in many locations and with a concentration around 7%. The community resouce pack has been updated or there is something very wrong in my game?

And one more question. The resources distribution on planets/moons are equal to every game, or randomly generated?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, kerbalfreak said:

Really love this mod and the feline rovers. There isn't a adapter to integrate modules from KPBS on the rovers? That would be awesome and very useful.

And I use TAC-LS. This guide says the Mun don't have water: https://github.com/Nils277/KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems/wiki/Life-Support-Guide#tac-ls

But I found it, with the stock sensors and the narrow band sensor for water on KPBS - they all show the same results, no conflicts or duplicates. It is in many locations and with a concentration around 7%. The community resouce pack has been updated or there is something very wrong in my game?

And one more question. The resources distribution on planets/moons are equal to every game, or randomly generated?

Thanks!

An adapter might be weird. But i will consider adding one.

I should really take down that wiki. It is completetly out of date and wrong. There is actually a 20% chance for water on the Mun and it has been this way for a very long time.
And yes, the resource distribution is random. It may be that there acutally is no water in the mun in you next playthrough. 

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

An adapter might be weird. But i will consider adding one.

I should really take down that wiki. It is completetly out of date and wrong. There is actually a 20% chance for water on the Mun and it has been this way for a very long time.
And yes, the resource distribution is random. It may be that there acutally is no water in the mun in you next playthrough. 

Thanks! Maaaaybe not:
kqqSGbg.png

It's only slightly wider and higher, and has the space to put the bottom slots (for wheels, engines, caninsters). But I only missed 3 parts for the rover: Science Jr., RTG and IRSU. But just commenting, I'm very happy with the mod.

About the Wiki, it is incredible well made and was very useful to me. Made me choose TAC-LS over USI and Snacks, and understand easily the possible loops. I love all the stock-a-like modules with all the inputs and outputs. A simple note explaning that would be much better than taking it down.

About the resources, I found the GameData\CommunityResourcePack\ResourceConfigs with all the info. Two questions:

Is possible to edit that mid-game and reset the resources? Is possible to disable resorces unused? I think with TAC-LS and KPBS I will only need ore, water, CO2 and H2. Near future seems to use stock ore to produce enriched uranium.

Thanks again!

@Nils277 Thank you for this great mod. I think there is a bug in depleted fuel transfer.  When I try to transfer depleted fuel from reactor to either nf storage or centrifuge I get this message: "There is no target to transfer DepletedFuel to." I am currently running ksp 1.3.1 with kpbs 1.5.7. If there is any additional information required please let me know.

https://imgur.com/a/BTdj4

Thanks!

5 hours ago, RexPowerColt said:

@Nils277 Thank you for this great mod. I think there is a bug in depleted fuel transfer.  When I try to transfer depleted fuel from reactor to either nf storage or centrifuge I get this message: "There is no target to transfer DepletedFuel to." I am currently running ksp 1.3.1 with kpbs 1.5.7. If there is any additional information required please let me know.

Thanks!

In the Community Resource Pack,  DepletedFuel is NO_FLOW and transfer = NONE. 

The reason why that was done is because the depleted fuel in the fuel rods is just the percentage of the rods that is no longer fissile. It's not a separate component to be removed or moved around. The entire fuel rod assembly would have to be removed. IRL that's certainly a thing when you want to reprocess your nuclear fuel, but no mechanism was ever put in place for doing so except maybe in a few nuclear specific mods.

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

In the Community Resource Pack,  DepletedFuel is NO_FLOW and transfer = NONE. 

The reason why that was done is because the depleted fuel in the fuel rods is just the percentage of the rods that is no longer fissile. It's not a separate component to be removed or moved around. The entire fuel rod assembly would have to be removed. IRL that's certainly a thing when you want to reprocess your nuclear fuel, but no mechanism was ever put in place for doing so except maybe in a few nuclear specific mods.

@Starwaster Thank you for your reply. I know that in current nuclear reactor operations IRL nuclear reprocessing is not a thing that is being done often. (I'm not sure, maybe none at all? Speaking of actual power production reactors of course, not the ones that are being run for R&D purposes) It's just that in the latest release of KPBS says "Added mechanic to transfer Enriched Uranium and Depleted Fuel". So I thought the mod would allow me to transfer depleted fuel automatically. I didn't know that resource specific changes including transfer can be done by editing Community Resource Pack. That's not really a surprise for me, I'm a noob when it comes to mods.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, RexPowerColt said:

@Starwaster Thank you for your reply. I know that in current nuclear reactor operations IRL nuclear reprocessing is not a thing that is being done often. (I'm not sure, maybe none at all? Speaking of actual power production reactors of course, not the ones that are being run for R&D purposes) It's just that in the latest release of KPBS says "Added mechanic to transfer Enriched Uranium and Depleted Fuel". So I thought the mod would allow me to transfer depleted fuel automatically. I didn't know that resource specific changes including transfer can be done by editing Community Resource Pack. That's not really a surprise for me, I'm a noob when it comes to mods.

Thanks!

I believe this mod uses something similar to Near Future method where the parts have a transfer button on them and you need to have an engineer on board at a certain level to be able to do so.

2 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

I believe this mod uses something similar to Near Future method where the parts have a transfer button on them and you need to have an engineer on board at a certain level to be able to do so.

More so - this mod author suggests Installing NFE to do the transfer until other option is made. So this post a few pages back. Thy this suggestion @RexPowerColt

Edited by wile1411

First of all, thanks a lot to Nils277 for this awesome mod, really great work! Been playing around with it for the last couple of days and i really love it. I have noticed a few bugs or small mistakes though, so i thought i would share them here.

First of all, the amount of oxygen in the life support containers for TAC-LS is only half of what it should be, meaning the kerbals run out of oxygen long before they run out of food or water. Had to edit the config file to adjust it.

Second, the greenhouse container stops working once oxygen is full. There is a "DumpExcess = true" line in the config, but it does not seem to work. I fixed it by adding "allowDumpExcessOxygen = true" (like its done for the carbon extractor container for example). I added the same line to the config for the normal greenhouse (even though i am not sure if the problem existed there as well).

And last, i have a problem with the nuclear reactor and TAC-LS which i have not been able to fix myself so far. It seems like either TAC-LS is not updating the electricity for inactive vessels that are powered by the reactor, or the reactor just stops working once the vessel is unloaded. Considering that the vessels are full on electricity once i switch back to them, i would say its TAC-LS that is causing this, but i am not sure. Either way, the reactor is kind of unusable with TAC-LS for me at the moment.

Still, really really nice mod, so again, thank you to Nils277 for creating this!

I had the same problems. I was simple using the big oxygen tank and the small for food and water, I thought it was supposed to be this way. You edited all the tanks with oxygen? Do you use Feline Rovers? If yes, it has the same problem?

About the greenhouse, I was very confused. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it let all the CO2 be used by the carbon extractors while my Kerbals starve, and I can't figure out what was really happening. Will edit my files here.

Havent used the nuclear reactors.

Thanks, and I also think this mod is really awesome! :blush:

Edit: It seems that for every unit of food you need around 101 units of oxygen. The rovers seems fine. Edited the two greenhouses and soon will test it.

Edited by kerbalfreak

6 minutes ago, kerbalfreak said:

I had the same problems. I was simple using the big oxygen tank and the small for food and water, I thought it was supposed to be this way. You edited all the tanks with oxygen? Do you use Feline Rovers? If yes, it has the same problem?

About the greenhouse, I was very confused. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it let all the CO2 be used by the carbon extractors while my Kerbals starve, and I can't figure out what was really happening. Will edit my files here.

Havent used the nuclear reactors.

Thanks, and I also think this mod is really awesome! :blush:

I only edited the "K&K Life Support Container (big)" and "K&K Life Support Container (small)" that come with this mod (the ones that hold all three resources). I also dont know if Nils designed it this way, but i dont think so. It wouldnt really make sense. The LS containers that come with TAC-LS all have correct ratios, so i think its just a tiny mistake with the KPBS containers.

The containers from Feline Rovers are also a tiny bit off as far as i can tell, but not by much. Not enough to really matter.

About your greenhouse problem: That doesnt sound like a problem with the mod but with your base setup. What planet is your base on? If you dont have enough CO2 you should either collect additional CO2 from the atmosphere with the K&K Airfilter Container, or produce oxygen with the K&K Elektron Container instead of the K&K Carbon Extractor Container. There is a nice life support guide on the KPBS github site that will show you exactly what you need on your base depending on the planet or moon you are on. It helped me a lot.

2 hours ago, Mr. Truffles said:

I only edited the "K&K Life Support Container (big)" and "K&K Life Support Container (small)" that come with this mod (the ones that hold all three resources). I also dont know if Nils designed it this way, but i dont think so. It wouldnt really make sense. The LS containers that come with TAC-LS all have correct ratios, so i think its just a tiny mistake with the KPBS containers.

The containers from Feline Rovers are also a tiny bit off as far as i can tell, but not by much. Not enough to really matter.

About your greenhouse problem: That doesnt sound like a problem with the mod but with your base setup. What planet is your base on? If you dont have enough CO2 you should either collect additional CO2 from the atmosphere with the K&K Airfilter Container, or produce oxygen with the K&K Elektron Container instead of the K&K Carbon Extractor Container. There is a nice life support guide on the KPBS github site that will show you exactly what you need on your base depending on the planet or moon you are on. It helped me a lot.

It seems that all oxygen tanks had only 50% of the possible correct value, around 50.5 for every unity of food, while the correct seems to be around 101. Feline Rovers and TAC-LS has ~101.

I know the wiki, it's very useful. My problem is with stations that dont receive any input and need to be resupplied. Sometimes it produces all the food it's using (the value don't change), while O2, Water and Fertilizer decrease at the same rate - the resources I need to send to it. Similiar to a base that only has ore (for fertilizer) and need to recieve water and O2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSAjJHZ9jjlLu6ZHKv_RHNnWMImPfngq2GuRoEKy1UsMwd4Q2D5o2vgkAx0ieWamEfJgf-qWKS7klge/pubhtml

So I can have only the food in the pods (for 2-3 days) and it dont decrease, with big tanks for O2, Water and Fertilizer. The problem is that sometimes the O2 dont decrease (all the CO2 is used to it), and the station dont produce any food and dont use any fertilizer. I think it has something to do with the dump resources thing you found. If the O2 is high/full, the greenhouse don't work (because it produces O2 and dont want to dump it). I still need to test it in some ships to be sure.

20 hours ago, RexPowerColt said:

Thanks!

Will have to take a look at that. It should work from what i see at your image. Can you send me the save file with the base? This way i can test it directly with it.

10 hours ago, wile1411 said:

More so - this mod author suggests Installing NFE to do the transfer until other option is made. So this post a few pages back. Thy this suggestion @RexPowerColt

The fuel transfer functions are already implemented and you don't need NFE anymore to do this. Although NFE it still a good mod that i would recommend :wink: 

@kerbalfreak and @Mr. Truffles You are probably right, the amounts in the oxygen/co2 container are off. I will take a look at them to rebalance them.
Please do not use the Wiki page alone for your calculation for TAC-LS. The wiki is out of date and contains information that is not true anymore. You should use the spreadsheet from the OP of this mod for the calculations. 

@Mr. Truffles Regarding the reactor. Do you have NFE installed? The NFE version of the reactor uses cumstom modules to generate power. Maye TAC-LS does not recognize them. The reactor turning off might also be a problem that it automaticalls shuts down when it overheats.