[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

@Nils277

Reactor questions

Why is the goal temp 850 when the reactor requires a temperature of 1250 to run at maximum load? Set up in that manner with sufficient radiators to cool it, it will never run above 69.72% because the radiators keep it at 850. (in essence the radiators fight to keep it from ever reaching 100%)

The TemperatureModifier is strange too, starting out high, dipping to  an output of 10000 at 1000K and then rising back up to 100000 at 4000K - what's the intention there?

@Nils277 may I ask a question about kpbs category placement?

in my career save it shows all the kpbs in one centralized category,only in advanced mode I can see you sorted it out into nice categories.

but in the sandbox save suddenly all the parts are in the right categories in the functions sorting system

is this a bug?

or am I missing something..

-edit-

I fount in difficulty settings the option to turn part grouping off.

Edited by alien_wind

This mod looks GREAT, one of the best looking mods I ever tried. But something is not right, at least with me.

The planetary Greenhouse, for instance, is not producing anything, neither Oxygen, nor food.

It does not spend fertilizer, either.

It has energy, it is started (farming), it has access to water... When crewed, the food depletes to zero, when uncrewed it just stands in there, doing nothing and nothing changes on the base supplies (oxygen, water, fertilizer, waste, food). I left enough empty storage space for these items to increase if they were produced, but they are not being produced.

I am using this with version 1.3.1 of the game with RealIsm Overhaul (RP-1) installed. I know this MOD is not supported by RO BUT it should grow food and Oxygen anyway since those resources exist both in stock game and in RO

By the way, I saw the above post about the reactor. In my installation, the nuclear reactor, apparently does nothing also. Just rises to some 130% or so effeiciency, then drops to zero and stops producing energy. I made the greenhouse tests with solar power though

Any help?

Edited by Jaeleth

This is a great mod, thanks for making it!

I am using TAC life support and I want to make a self-sufficient base on Duna. Is the spreadsheet with all the calculations up to date? (this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSAjJHZ9jjlLu6ZHKv_RHNnWMImPfngq2GuRoEKy1UsMwd4Q2D5o2vgkAx0ieWamEfJgf-qWKS7klge/pubhtml)

So on the "rates" tab, all of the numbers given are amount of each resource consumed/generated per second? How is this calculated for ore, water, and the air purifier, which presumably have variable rates of being generated based on the abundance of the resource? According to the sheet, it seems like it's possible to make a self-sustaining base on any body, which I don't think was true in past versions of the mod. Is that true, and when did it change if so?

Additionally, I noticed that hydrogen and uranium have been added to the game by your mod, do these do anything on their own or are they meant to be used with additional mods?

Again, thanks for your excellent work!

On 2/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, alien_wind said:

@Nils277 may I ask a question about kpbs category placement?

in my career save it shows all the kpbs in one centralized category,only in advanced mode I can see you sorted it out into nice categories.

but in the sandbox save suddenly all the parts are in the right categories in the functions sorting system

is this a bug?

or am I missing something..

-edit-

I fount in difficulty settings the option to turn part grouping off.

On 2/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, tttttimur1 said:

how can I switch language?

You can only switch the language of the whole game, the this mod only. If you have steam, right click on KPS, select Settings and then Languages to change the language of KSP.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:58 PM, The-Doctor said:

@Nils277 I think I may have asked this before but I'm unsure and can't recall, I also searched to be sure. I wanted to know if the reactors in PBS can work without near future electrics and also if the fuel for it can be mined without pbs?

I think you asked that before. The reactor will also work without Near Future Electrics.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:24 AM, Wovejulio said:

This is a great mod, thanks for making it!

I am using TAC life support and I want to make a self-sufficient base on Duna. Is the spreadsheet with all the calculations up to date? (this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSAjJHZ9jjlLu6ZHKv_RHNnWMImPfngq2GuRoEKy1UsMwd4Q2D5o2vgkAx0ieWamEfJgf-qWKS7klge/pubhtml)

So on the "rates" tab, all of the numbers given are amount of each resource consumed/generated per second? How is this calculated for ore, water, and the air purifier, which presumably have variable rates of being generated based on the abundance of the resource? According to the sheet, it seems like it's possible to make a self-sustaining base on any body, which I don't think was true in past versions of the mod. Is that true, and when did it change if so?

Additionally, I noticed that hydrogen and uranium have been added to the game by your mod, do these do anything on their own or are they meant to be used with additional mods?

Again, thanks for your excellent work!

The speadsheed should be up to date. The amounts are per seconds. And the the resources that can be gathered, i just assumed that the player is able to produces/mine/gather the needed amount of the resources.
I think making a self sufficient base has been possible for quite long time.

Hydrogen and Uranium are used for the Reactor of KPBS.

Hi there.

Can someone help me out here.

Apparently the mod is not working. That is, I set up a greenhouse, batteries, solar panels, right outside kerbal space center. all necessary resources stocked in attached tanks and crewed by a pilot and a scientist. But no food or Oxygen is produced.

I am using KSP 1.3.1, used CKAN to download and install this mod, I use quite a lot of other mods which details must be listed in the log file, here is the compreensive list (as per CKAN export mods output)

RealSolarSystem
RSSTextures8192
RealismOverhaul
KSCSwitcher
RSSDateTimeFormatter
ModuleManager
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
AdvancedJetEngine
FerramAerospaceResearch
SolverEngines
KerbalJointReinforcement
RealChute
RealFuels
CommunityResourcePack
RealHeat
RealPlume
SmokeScreen
ProceduralParts
MainSailorTextures-Historical
MainSailorTextures-Essentials
ProceduralFairings
CapsuleCorporationEndeavourMarsBaseCamp
MechJeb2
FASA
HangerExtenderExtended
Firespitter
FirespitterCore
FirespitterResourcesConfig
FMRSContinued
RecoveryController
HaystackReContinued
ToolbarController
HyperEdit
KerbalFoundriesContinued
KSPWheel
Graphotron
KerbalAlarmClock
TriggerAu-Flags
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator
RasterPropMonitor
RasterPropMonitor-Core
FlexibleDocking
kOS
RemoteTech
BonVoyage
SXTContinued
RetractableLiftingSurface
TACLS
BackgroundResources
ThrottleControlledAvionics
AT-Utils
ConfigurableContainers-Core
HeatControl
CommunityTechTree
TweakScale
Konstruction
USITools
CommunityCategoryKit
KAS
KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems
KIS
UKS
USI-Core
GroundConstruction-Core

I attach log file and an explaining picture of my setup, as you can see, after 1 day (or so) the base is almost running out of Oxygen, no fertilizer has been spent and food is only being consumed (not produced)

http://www.filedropper.com/logandpic

This first picture had the "start farming" button not pressed.

Here is another where the button has been pressed. Another 18 hours or so pass and... To no avail, farming never produces Oxygen or Food...

http://www.filedropper.com/screenshot160

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Jaeleth

• 2 weeks later...

Question...?

How are you all decoupling your three seperate base buildings from the tricoupler?

I'm having issues when trying to decouple one base at a time in orbit and have a tricoupler adapter mounted top and bottom with base decouplers at each end of my three bases. 

When I stage the three bottom decouplers to eject the bottom tricoupler all three bases also simultaneously detach from the top decouplers and top tricoupler adapter... ? 

On 3/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Kilo60 said:

Question...?

How are you all decoupling your three seperate base buildings from the tricoupler?

I'm having issues when trying to decouple one base at a time in orbit and have a tricoupler adapter mounted top and bottom with base decouplers at each end of my three bases. 

When I stage the three bottom decouplers to eject the bottom tricoupler all three bases also simultaneously detach from the top decouplers and top tricoupler adapter... ? 

Check your staging or decouple manually. I have no problems with either bi or tri couplers

I stack 'em all on one tri-coupler with a strong reaction wheel and some (auto)struts to keep it together.  Land the whole lot in one go then roll the thing around decoupling one bit at a time and drive them over to the main base.

10 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Check your staging or decouple manually. I have no problems with either bi or tri couplers

Hmmmmm

Even decoupling manually one side at a time on one base module decouples the opposite end on all bases attached ...

9 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Hmmmmm

Even decoupling manually one side at a time on one base module decouples the opposite end on all bases attached ...

Are you using decouplers or the tricoupler decoupling option.  what I mean  tricoupler base with kk decouler attached and then base parts, or decoupler and then base parts?

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, Rafael acevedo said:

Are you using decouplers or the tricoupler decoupling option.  what I mean  tricoupler base with kk decouler attached and then base parts, or decoupler and then base parts?

Using tricoupler base with kk decouler attached and then base parts.

Also tried with KK docking ports on either end of tricoupler adapter with same issues...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Friznit said:

I'm testing various mods in 1.7  - KPBS appears to have lost its PAWS menus.  I need to do proper regression testing and dig up some logs but if anyone else could repro that would be helpful.

If you look in the logs you'll find the PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll is no longer loading, so all KPBS functions that rely on the .dll for functionality are broken.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:06 PM, Kilo60 said:

Question...?

I thinks this happens when you put the decouplers on the rocked with the help of part symmetry. When placed with part symmetry they are all decoupled at the same time.

When you just place them on by one without symmetry it should work.

18 hours ago, Friznit said:

I'm testing various mods in 1.7  - KPBS appears to have lost its PAWS menus.  I need to do proper regression testing and dig up some logs but if anyone else could repro that would be helpful.

16 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

If you look in the logs you'll find the PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll is no longer loading, so all KPBS functions that rely on the .dll for functionality are broken.

Oh, this sounds rather bad. Will try to take a look at it but it will probably not be before monday that i get time to do stuff on KSP. With luck i only need to recompile the plugin to run.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

I thinks this happens when you put the decouplers on the rocked with the help of part symmetry. When placed with part symmetry they are all decoupled at the same time.

When you just place them on by one without symmetry it should work.

Oh, this sounds rather bad. Will try to take a look at it but it will probably not be before monday that i get time to do stuff on KSP. With luck i only need to recompile the plugin to run.

Hmmmm. I have been placing them one at a time.  What do you mean by one at a time without part Symmety?  I thought placing them one at a time meant without symmetry?

Thanks!

See post two above yours:

8 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Edited by Friznit

16 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I've (badly and with zero experience) compiled from the latest source with VS and after gutting out the save upgrader and changing a couple lines to fix errors VS helpfully guided me to... IT COMPILED! And the modules deploy once again! https://imgur.com/a/DWfDHuR

Edited by TiberiusPimpstik

This is a great mod, I really like the parts and think it is better than Pathfinder in terms of gameplay. One question though: isn't this habitat meant to inflate?

FR07kv6.png?1

Downloaded in 1.7 with few mods other than USI-LS, KPBS, Outer Planets and a couple of visual mods.

Thanks for this mod.

Edited by fulgur

30 minutes ago, fulgur said:

This is a great mod, I really like the parts and think it is better than Pathfinder in terms of gameplay. One question though: isn't this habitat meant to inflate?

FR07kv6.png?1

Downloaded in 1.7 with few mods other than USI-LS, KPBS, Outer Planets and a couple of visual mods.

Thanks for this mod.

Known issue with 1.7.  Wait for an update.