Which games are you playing apart from KSP?

VITAS

Hi,

i noticed that, from the day i started contributing to the ksp community, i somehow played less and less ksp and put more time into contributing to it. But i dindt stop playing games at all. Its simply that im not a mere consumer anymore. So i started playing minecraft again and also some witcher 3.

What are the games you enjoy playing apart from KSP?

Hide the sausage.

Not been playing many computer games other than KSP recently.  I did buy a Sid Meier Humble Bundle the other week which includes Beyond Earth and Starships but not had more than a cursory look yet.

Prior to KSP the last few game I'd put serious time in to were Civ V, World of Tanks and Hearts of Iron 3.

To my mind HOI3 is to strategy games what KSP is to basic Flash animated space games.  HOI4 is due for release pretty soon so that vs KSP 1.1 is going to cause me some dilemmas (and probably a PC upgrade), but having said that HOI3 was pretty crap out of the box and needed at least one and preferably all 3 expansions to really make it a good game, so I'll probably wait until I've seen few reviews/demos before I buy.

GTA V (LSPD:FR mod), Skyrim, World of Tanks, and Silent Hunter 4 are probably the big ones. Frankly, games like this (KSP) are more the exception for me than the rule. I am primarily an action and RPG gamer, but I also enjoy designing things and testing them out, which is what brings me back here.

Edited by Randox

Started up vanilla Minecraft since 1.9 hit, pretty cool and surprisingly deep, haven't really played vanilla so intensively since like, 1.5 beta and have been playing TerraFirmaCraft pretty steadily in between.

Factorio, although I set that aside until 0.13 after putting in some 60+ hours.

Tried out Teleglitch, which I'll be sure to revisit on occasion but doesn't hold my attention like other games.

Put a few hours into Eschalon: Book 1 which I do enjoy and should get back into but that brings us to ...

Darkest Dungeon, which I picked up last night and seem to have running under Wine today.  The voice-over alone is magnificent and the strength of @5thHorseman's Let's Play series convinced me to pay full price for something my OS may not have been able to run (Linux client is apparently on the way, though).

Factorio look nice ;  ) spotted this one too ; ) once i fixed my irl stuff i ll most surely go for it too ; )

Actually enjoying subnautica, very relaxing gameplay for someone like me, nice details level awesome artworks, great soundtrack and immersivity feelings and all, i think it's a first prize choice, don't you @NovaSilisko ; ) somehow i found that old old old old unity thread kinda fun now ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

28 minutes ago, regex said:

Started up vanilla Minecraft since 1.9 hit, pretty cool and surprisingly deep, haven't really played vanilla so intensively since like, 1.5 beta and have been playing TerraFirmaCraft pretty steadily in between.

Factorio, although I set that aside until 0.13 after putting in some 60+ hours.

Darkest Dungeon, which I picked up last night and seem to have running under Wine today.  The voice-over alone is magnificent and the strength of @5thHorseman's Let's Play series convinced me to pay full price for something my OS may not have been able to run (Linux client is apparently on the way, though).

Mmmm? *wakes up* I gotta say, I get a warm feeling when someone says my videos got them to buy a game.

Anyway, I'm obviously also playing Darkest Dungeon, and I'm technically playing Just Cause 3 but I can't seem to find a time where I both can play it and don't want to play Darkest Dungeon. On my phone, I've been playing Resources for about 6ish months and if you liked everything about Ingress except all the people arguing and fighting and backstabbing and actually getting hurt in the real world over a game, I wholeheartedly recommend Resources. It has some of the same location-based aspects of Ingress while still being a totally different game.

19 hours ago, Randox said:

GTA V (LSPD:FR mod)

I once wanted to try this mod with GTA IV, but it seemed a bit complicated to install everything you needed and wanted.

Does it work fine with the online part of GTA V though? I would not want to get into trouble for modding the single player part and loosing my account or something.

11 hours ago, KerbMav said:

I once wanted to try this mod with GTA IV, but it seemed a bit complicated to install everything you needed and wanted.

Does it work fine with the online part of GTA V though? I would not want to get into trouble for modding the single player part and loosing my account or something.

I don't play GTA 5 online, so I am not 100% sure, but I think any mods that use RageHook (which is LSPD:FR and the bulk of it's companion mods) are safe. For RageHook mods to work, the game has to be launched via RageHook, which automatically loads the game into your most recent save and should prevent you from using online mode. If you launch the game normally (through steam), RageHook, and the mods that depend on it, wont load, so you should be fine. Might want to double check on the LSPDFR forums though, or the RageHook site.

However, mods that use ScriptHookV, or file modifications to add in custom models, will always be loaded, and will absolutely risk a ban. As I understand it, people who use both LSPF:FR and GTA V online create two installs of the game. One is completely unmodified, for online play, and the other has all the modifications to make LSPD:FR work.

As far as complications go, LSPD:FR has an installer, and I think all the mainstream companion mods that work with it have clear install instructions. Many of them contain the proper file structure and can be simply dragged into the main directory.

Skyward sword, super smash flash 2, smw emulated, super mario x, rouge dos, half-life, scp contaminant breach, processing really large exponets to make a password.  (Not a game just fun)

Edited by Ethanadams

love this one too ; ) also i especially like when they introduced the escape mode ; ) that Genuine ; ) and lately the  girl prisonneer and baby update ; )

love thoose two devs ; ) they did a lot !!!!!!!!i!!!!!!!!! but most have no idea ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

BTW the reson i started this thread is to find out wich games you guys are interrested in. If that game also has the need for something like spacedock to exist i might set up one for it :)

Edited by VITAS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.