Reputation value?

eberkain

So, I've did some searching and is there really no way to see what your actual reputation value is other than opening the persistence file and checking there?  Why is there not at least a mod to show this on screen in the KSC overview or in the Admin screen?

My last remaining sandbox save has a reputation of 67%  67% of what? 67% of my "reputation", or 67% of my "maximum allowed reputation".  Is there a max and a current value to reputation?

A percentage cannot be properly expressed without some (at the very least implied) units of measure that describe the components of the ratio.

Can Kerbal reputation be an exception to this rule?    ;-)

67% of Kerbin's tax payers are content with your proceedings. This value is arbitrarily derived from the reputation currency you earn or lose by working contracts. I think I remember reading once that you could never reach 100%, as the calculation was asymptotic.

Ah, so  it's a tax payer approval ratio.  Is a real system it would not be asymptotic as there likely would a defined number of respondents at a given time.  So perhaps the quest for 100% approval is more "Quixotic" ;-)

And thank you for the clarity.

2 minutes ago, Nightshift83 said:

Just make sure to keep the tax payers interested by some almost-disasters and take care of their world's-record-fetish even if it involves playing pool with asteroids (aka fling asteroid out of solar system).

Jeeze, it's more real than I ever originally thought!

Just now, eberkain said:

Its a work in progress, I plan to put up a thread about it in the fan works forum once I hit the end of the first year.  

Already downloaded a local copy so I can toy with it.  :cool:  Need any help with it or anything, let me know.

On 3/7/2016 at 2:45 PM, eberkain said:

Actually, I am creating a log book as I play my new career mode game, and I would like to have an actual number, the gauge is not enough.  

That is amazing. Apart from being an awesome record of play is one of the best bug trackers I have ever seen. 

Just now, Korvath85 said:

Already downloaded a local copy so I can toy with it.  :cool:  Need any help with it or anything, let me know.

Some of the formulas on the stats page are going to get complicated, I haven't really worked on that part too much.   I've spent all night building a new airplane design that can go to the pyramids.   This is my previous flight log attempt, you can see the kinds of charts I was able to create, haven't gotten far enough this time around to really worry about doing graphs yet.

20 hours ago, Wallygator said:

My last remaining sandbox save has a reputation of 67%  67% of what? 67% of my "reputation", or 67% of my "maximum allowed reputation".  Is there a max and a current value to reputation?

A percentage cannot be properly expressed without some (at the very least implied) units of measure that describe the components of the ratio.

Can Kerbal reputation be an exception to this rule?    ;-)

Yes, there is a limit, but it's basically unattainable. The wiki says that the reputation goes up to 1000, but your reputation gains drop dramatically, so you can never reach it.

The correct answer to the OP's question, however, is that when you recover a vessel that has a crew in it:

on the 3rd tab of the recovery synopsis, where it is showing how much XP each crew member receives, at the bottom of that little popup window it says "Total Reputation: 866" (for one of my career games).

You can force this, of course, by putting Jeb in a command pod on the launchpad, and immediately recovering him.

6 hours ago, bewing said:

The correct answer to the OP's question, however, is that when you recover a vessel that has a crew in it:

on the 3rd tab of the recovery synopsis, where it is showing how much XP each crew member receives, at the bottom of that little popup window it says "Total Reputation: 866" (for one of my career games).

You can force this, of course, by putting Jeb in a command pod on the launchpad, and immediately recovering him.

Thanks, Yeah the recovery tab is what I've been using.  There are just other times when it would be nice to know what my actual rep value is for my logbook.  Like when I complete a contract that gives some rep, or when i spend some rep setting up an admin policy.  And honestly, opening the persistence file is easier than launching another pod,   

I wonder how hard it would be to make a toobar button mod that just shows the current rep points instead of an icon. 

Frankly, I'm a little surprised, now that I think on it, that total rep isn't a thing we can go explicitly view in Mission control (since that's where we select our contracts) and the admin building (since various strategies affect it and even have an immediate cost to it).  The rep bar's perfectly good for a quick visualization at a glance, but  having to recover a vessel or worse back out of the save entirely just to view the actual number seems more than a bit dopey.

@Archgeek I would even be happy with just a tooltip for the rep meter that gave the actual number.  

@Endersmens You should be able to just make a copy to your google drive and edit as you wish, alot of the formulas are not done right now.  Whenever I get all that finished I would be happy to turn it into a blank template. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.