Favorite Planet/Moon

Zer0Winds

9 hours ago, RW-1 said:

I wish we could setup a secondary spaceport (VAB / Launchpad) on minmus ..... :)

Well, you can, in a manner of speaking, if you really want to.  :)

My favorite world is Tekto, in OPM.  Gotta love a place where you can glide a plane at 5 m/s... and so pretty, too.

Eve is the devil, and Tylo is its spawn. Laythe hates me. Moho sings siren songs then lures me into overconfidence before smashing my ships to tiny bits. Kerbin is the best overall developed but I only notice as I am leaving for elsewhere. Mun is well, Mun, and Minmus is a snowcone. What's that leave?

Seriously, I felt the most inspired by my missions to Duna. I think this was followed by cruising the valleys of Eeloo at 40 m/s. I personally thought it was pretty breathtaking. I'm also a big fan of cruising the Dres canyon, though the planet as a whole and the canyons in particular could use a more grand canyonesque coloration. Giving us a far away vacation destination would greatly up its rep and visitation.

17 hours ago, Zer0Winds said:

Ah, wouldn't that make the game so much easier, with that gravity? Eh, my brother said the same thing, but on the Mun. (Though he's clueless about this game. In fact... My whole family is... They don't listen to me talk about it... Hm...)

Yeah, when I think about it ... Mun would be better, take what I can get ... :)

Kerbin is pretty great.  It's got a hanger and VAB so you can build ships on it, and it's got a nifty runway and launchpad.  Plus, fuel can be easily acquired on that planet and it's got oxygen that can effectively power jets!  Tricky to aerobrake though.

Duna because my first contact with it was an accidental landing. Embarrassing as it is, I thought for some reason that its atmosphere started at 10K. I was trying to get a nice clean orbit while in the orbit map, and the ship just wouldn't align with the node! I finally go back into the normal camera mode to find out that my ship had a red glow around it. I ended up landing the ship without any landing gear. I think my favorite moon is Minmus, because I love to fly around with my RCS pack on EVA.

On 3/8/2016 at 7:55 PM, DolphinDude3 said:

Planet: Eve. Because it's so strange and alien.... beautifully purple from afar yet a torturous place of misery on the surface.

Moon: Laythe. Because it's a beautiful looking habitable moon with great views of Jool. I haven't been there yet, but I currently have a probe heading to it, it's gonna take a loooong time to get there though... My ultimate objective in KSP is to build a large colony on it's surface.

Have you used timewarp?

4 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Have you used timewarp?

Yeah, but even then it'll take a while, and I like to do things in the meantime since realistically a Space program won't cease operations for several years while waiting for probes to get to distant planets.

Well, being as I have only been to the kerbin, dunian, and evian systems I will say my opinions are rather biased but nonetheless here we go.

Duna is probably my favorite planet due to the fact that is looks amazing and has an atmosphere so I can use parachutes! Also with all the hype about putting a bunch of people on mars within my lifetime is another thing that makes me want to go there. And unlike Eeloo, Dres, and Moho it has a moon for  me to go to. As for moon it has to be Minmus because it's so easy to get to and the things one can do there are more or less unlimited. 

On March 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM, RW-1 said:

I wish we could setup a secondary spaceport (VAB / Launchpad) on minmus ..... :)

The answer is Extraplanetary Launchhpads. Look it up!

i personally don't like it but you might

EDIT: It seems somebody beat me to it XD 

Edited by nosirrbro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.