[WIP] Version2.0 Industries

MichaelV2.0

smjInWe.png

This mod parts pack seeks to fill a void in your intergalactic kerbal empire.

By adding parts for space habitation, exploration and transport, these

utilitarian parts to account for all manor of needs in the final frontier.

Packs.

V2.0 Industries rover pack

Attention Out Dated Thread: New Forum Thread for Rover pack here;

Link - [1.3] Version_2.0 Industries Rover Pack

Version.

Release 2.0.0

KSP 1.3 

Rover Parts

R32M Puma rover set

R32L Honey Badger rover set

Included Mods

Module Manager v2.8.1 by sarbian
Firespitter Plugin, v7.4.X by Snjo

V2.0 Industries

comet class

Discontinued.

Aims.

Multiple independent sets of different size and design purposes. (Distant Goals)

Station Parts.

Surface based Parts.

Downloads

V2.0 Industries Rover Pack

http://spacedock.info/mod/590/Version_2.0%20Industries%20Rover%20Pack.

Legal

This pack distributed under the creative commons license,
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). See for more details (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)

Edited by MichaelV2.0
Updated and new release of the rover pack. / New Thread Re-direct

4 hours ago, keys72 said:

Is this compatible with TACLS and USI/mks stuff?

Unfortunately it is still very early and i have not looked into this area, so most likely they will not be compatible. although tac may work in a limited capacity with these parts but no garenties, i am not sure how USI life support will work with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm.  I checked this out on your first test release, and had problems with MAJOR lag in the editors any time I selected or moved around one of the parts, and they didn't even have textures at that point, just uniform gray surfaces.  I'm hoping that the new textures are far better optimized, and frankly, if they're not .dds format already, they need to be converted ASAP.  Anyway, I've downloaded the latest version, I'll check it out right now.

Looking forward to future developments from this interesting-looking mod.  :)

8 hours ago, Neutrinovore said:

Hmm.  I checked this out on your first test release, and had problems with MAJOR lag in the editors any time I selected or moved around one of the parts, and they didn't even have textures at that point, just uniform gray surfaces.  I'm hoping that the new textures are far better optimized, and frankly, if they're not .dds format already, they need to be converted ASAP.  Anyway, I've downloaded the latest version, I'll check it out right now.

Looking forward to future developments from this interesting-looking mod.  :)

yes this issue was due to redundant faces on some parts, this has now been fixed as far as i can tell.

11 hours ago, MichaelV2.0 said:

yes this issue was due to redundant faces on some parts, this has now been fixed as far as i can tell.

Excellent!  Because, well, reasons, I wasn't able to play KSP last night, but I'll definitely check it out this evening.  :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome mod. Can't wait to see what you add to it. I would suggest a science lab variant of the crew cab (and side door) would make the rover great for expeditions. In meantime I'm going to do some stress and impact testing on it. (Remember kids, buckle up for safety.)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool parts!!! Looking good!! :confused:

Also i have a request for this modpack, if possible.

Can you make some attachmentparts that have the wheels already on them, like a chassis?

Most of the time when i try to make a rover or a buggy, attaching the wheels and make them work properly, is a headache.

Further i wish you good luck on the progres of this partpack, i will download and use them immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thankyou for a beautiful machine youve made, with a little modification to entirely squad default wheels and nothing done to the rover herself.. shes become a very capable fuel transfer and rescue train.. sure footed, powerful with her own beauty thanks to the raw industrial look :)

once a stepping stone before I got back into fully diesel electric trains.. the puma class land train has now found its place in the KTP :)

While it might seem alot of her attributes are down to the modified wheels.. the weight, shape, stability and flexability real compliment one another to make the class a very capable machine.. that im jealous to say by far outweigh the very trains that were once seen as pride of the fleet :)

using a free turning docking port washer under the leading wheel mount for a steering drawbar.. she'll wrap around the taxiways of the KSC and track as though she had steel wheels and flanges of railbound cousins

I hope im not going against the grain by saying too the mark 1 cockpit is the perfect placeholder..

ive always loved the cockpit itself but hated how the outside looked.. the puma fixes that :)

The other day during articulation trials - top speed 40m/s - no suspension or dampening set.. all dialed down

9KMCEmd.jpg

And here we have her on a full revenue run :) with a small 2 car train slaughtering the hills like they wernt there..

EDIT: new run screenshots

dub2JRR.jpg

The entire train is powered

HwMhK5W.jpg

FSdqENb.jpg

UWCaF39.jpg

(could we have some nice repaints too? possibly industrial looking with wash stripes each end?)

Edit - Simple camo repaint with paint.net and some layering

Q9mSIm6.png

aIdqS0S.png

if your ever looking for ideas on the less, industrial kind

ModernaTM970.jpg

that I believe would be the perfect crew transfer vehicle and short range explorer :)

Edited by Overland

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2016 at 2:03 AM, Overland said:

I want to thankyou for a beautiful machine youve made, with a little modification to entirely squad default wheels and nothing done to the rover herself.. shes become a very capable fuel transfer and rescue train.. sure footed, powerful with her own beauty thanks to the raw industrial look :)

once a stepping stone before I got back into fully diesel electric trains.. the puma class land train has now found its place in the KTP :)

While it might seem alot of her attributes are down to the modified wheels.. the weight, shape, stability and flexability real compliment one another to make the class a very capable machine.. that im jealous to say by far outweigh the very trains that were once seen as pride of the fleet :)

using a free turning docking port washer under the leading wheel mount for a steering drawbar.. she'll wrap around the taxiways of the KSC and track as though she had steel wheels and flanges of railbound cousins

I hope im not going against the grain by saying too the mark 1 cockpit is the perfect placeholder..

ive always loved the cockpit itself but hated how the outside looked.. the puma fixes that :)

The other day during articulation trials - top speed 40m/s - no suspension or dampening set.. all dialed down

9KMCEmd.jpg

And here we have her on a full revenue run :) with a small 2 car train slaughtering the hills like they wernt there..

EDIT: new run screenshots

dub2JRR.jpg

The entire train is powered

HwMhK5W.jpg

FSdqENb.jpg

UWCaF39.jpg

(could we have some nice repaints too? possibly industrial looking with wash stripes each end?)

if your ever looking for ideas on the less, industrial kind

ModernaTM970.jpg

that I believe would be the perfect crew transfer vehicle and short range explorer :)

LOL! i like this train! Can you share the download link?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
23 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Any plans on taking this into 1.2?

to my knowledge it works in 1.2 as well as always, but due some other responsibilities I've sadly been too busy to do much more than a quick test. so i have done basic tests but i am gonna update it to say 1.2 but please if you find any bugs dont be afraid to tell me and ill do the best of my limited knowledge to fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.