Tory Bruno of ULA on KSP Livestream

DasValdez

The number of space and science professionals who love KSP continues to blow me away. In a sort of good way... as opposed to a "green smear on the VAB" sort of way.

Tory Bruno (CEO of United Launch Alliance) will be appearing on our KSA Twitch stream. As in, the CEO of ULA... like, "Delta/Atlas Rocket Launch in the Real World ULA".

5UQVwCH.png

Info:

• What: KSP Livestream w/ Tory Bruno

• Why: Exploring ULA's future tech plans in KSP

• When: Tuesday March 8th, at 9 PM EST (9 Mar, 2 AM UTC)

• Where: http://www.twitch.tv/dasvaldez

We'll be talking about Vulcan, ACES, and ULA's CisLunar-1000 initiative... while we build them in KSP and use them to perform missions. I've already spent the last couple of weeks on the show creating a new KSP career and building up to the "advanced"/extensible upper stage tech level... so I've got a save with a lot of craft in play I'll be showing off to Mr Bruno, while we compare our KSP creations to what ULA is working on in the real world.

During the show, we'll do a viewer Q&A with Mr Bruno, and as always, would love to have a strong showing from the KSP community. Explosions aside, we want to show the aerospace industry that KSP is more than just a video game. :D

7 minutes ago, katateochi said:

awesome! I really hope that I'm still awake then.

Excellent, thx Kata! I know it's late for UTC... Mr Bruno live in MST, and I'm EST... we definitely worked around his availability in the even. There will of course be the VODs... I'll update the post with links after the show. 

36 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Mmmmh, can't seem to be getting into Twitch right now... Maybe overloaded...???

It's working fine here; Das finished up a stream not long ago, so he's not broadcasting right now. However, Twitch was having issues Yesterday. Maybe they're still working on getting some regions up and running properly?

7 hours ago, DasValdez said:

Excellent, thx Kata! I know it's late for UTC... Mr Bruno live in MST, and I'm EST... we definitely worked around his availability in the even. There will of course be the VODs... I'll update the post with links after the show. 

Fantastic! I live in Europe UTC+1 which means the stream will be live at 3.am my time. Looking forward to watching the VOD tomorrow :D

2 minutes ago, Sanic said:

Will RSS or any part mods be used?

Not sure if you've ever seen this guy, but his KSA streams are pretty much a showcase for what a nearly basic KSP can do. You're getting warts-and-all stock KSP parts and aero with a few added mods for purrty graphics and information. Add 700 people in a family-friendly live chat room on a normal night and a personality that can keep them all engaged, and that should give you a good idea what to expect.

Random DasPic:

Cool! But...

I love Das's family-friendly content. I like his positive attitude. I like his goal of helping out new players. But Das is also seemingly on a crusade to critique some aspects of KSP. It's a little weird that one of the saltiest people towards the game will also be the one trying to show off how good it is.

I'm not saying this stream will be anything less than distilled awesomeness (now with 30% less cholesterol). I just think it's a little strange, and I'm wondering about the circumstances that led to it...

-Upsilon

8 minutes ago, UpsilonAerospace said:

Cool! But...

I love Das's family-friendly content. I like his positive attitude. I like his goal of helping out new players. But Das is also seemingly on a crusade to critique some aspects of KSP. It's a little weird that one of the saltiest people towards the game will also be the one trying to show off how good it is.

I'm not saying this stream will be anything less than distilled awesomeness (now with 30% less cholesterol). I just think it's a little strange, and I'm wondering about the circumstances that led to it...

-Upsilon

I think that's just his having played a lot of KSP, so he knows what works and what doesn't, and what's not intuitive, and what's just plain broken. (His background in software development also gives him a more critical eye) KSP is a lot more accessible with only a handful of tweaks (KER and some bug fixing), and he's just saying even as great fun as it is now, it could be even better :-)

I think this stream is going to be a real showcase of amazing :-)

also, I think it's more showing what ULA has in in the works via KSP than trying to sell ULA on using KSP :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.