You guys have any experimental creations that behave SOOO strange...

...they have you laughing your butt off?  I was somewhat bored so I was "doodling" around with planes, and made this thing.  The first time I saw how it acted I laughed so damn hard, ahhhhh that felt good too.  I feel like I just had coffee now, haha

Well, I guess I made this thing:

When I came up with the idea, I honesty did not expect it to work at all. You can imagine how surprised I was when it didn't nosedive into the ground immediately. Ah, the crazy things you can do in this game. KSP, never change.*

*Except for fixing bugs, improving performance, adding parts etc.

3 hours ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Well, I guess I made this thing:

That was insanely impressive, and the Jool system looks stupidly beautiful.  I like how it goes from a noodle to a pair of handlebars in space; and then a very ballsy xenon shenanigan.

1 hour ago, Archgeek said:

That was insanely impressive, and the Jool system looks stupidly beautiful.  I like how it goes from a noodle to a pair of handlebars in space; and then a very ballsy xenon shenanigan.

Actually Jool system looks.. extra-beautiful, if you catch my.. modded meaning.

I think I spotted some Scatterer action there.. anything else?  Tylo looked... higher res or something.

11 hours ago, boxman said:

I had this contraption that would explode as soon as I had kerbal sit on it and launch him into the skies. Thanks to this I was able to catch this screenshot:

catastrophiexplosion.png

pure beauty.

My friend made a plane that was designed to crash. It had a Mk1 lander can mounted inline for its command pod, and was pretty much just thrown together without rhyme or reason. However, when he attempted to crash it during takeoff, he broke off one wing, and it veered off of the runway...

and took off. It continued to resist his attempts to crash it. After that flight however, the same design never managed to fly again.

I made once a ... Stock parts plane.
I never call a vessel "she" or other pathetic fantasy stuff.
Except this insane piece:

The "Terrible Lady in White"

It was a shocking 180tons+ SSTO, it flew titanicly. Tears drop from my eyes. I cry.

vEdin3V.png 
TXEGvBv.png

I still cry.

4 minutes ago, Mikki said:

I made once a ... Stock parts plane.
I never call a vessel "she" or other pathetic fantasy stuff.
Except this insane piece:

The "Terrible Lady in White"

It was a shocking 180tons+ SSTO, it flew titanicly. Tears drop from my eyes. I cry.

vEdin3V.png 
TXEGvBv.png

I still cry.

WOW AMAZING PLANE!

Not exactly what you're asking, but a number of versions ago I tried building a Mun base, and it decided it wanted to try to 'fold' in on itself. I docked the last module and it turned into that city from Inception.

This... little... stinker. :mad:

8Z3udmZ.jpg

It doesn't behave that unusually, aside from the quirks associated with the fact that it's a submarine in a space sim. The real odd behavior actually happens with the game itself. I've had everything from spontaneous crashes to having all the water on Kerbin suddenly disappear (I was somewhat surprised to learn that the ocean floor is actually textured blue). I have come within inches of finally getting this into a releasable state, but it's still giving me the most trouble I've ever had with a KSP craft. Seriously, it was actually easier to build an American Civil War ironclad warship with a rotating turret and a very specifically placed waterline than it is to build this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.