Ramjet & Scramjet engines

To be more specific, I'd like to see two things:

1. A liquid-fueled scramjet (Supersonic-Combustion Ramjet) engine that can propel a craft from about 900 meters per second at roughly 10-12 km altitude above Kerbin up to 2-2.3 kilometers per second to push apoapsis between 120 and 160 kilometers with periapsis either above sea-level or to a depth below sea-level of less than 100 km
  2. A Solid Fueled Integrated Rocket Ramjet (basically a solid-fueled ramjet that initially operates as a solid-fueled rocket-booster, and once the rocket-portion has burned out, it's built up enough airspeed for the booster's casing to act as the duct of a now-air-breathing solid-fueled ramjet engine that can accelerate the vehicle the rest of the way up to the speed and altitude at which the above-mentioned liquid-fueled scramjet can take over the task of accelerating the payload to orbit.

Relatively speaking a whiplash with a shock cone is a ram jet and rapier and a shockcone out perform most scram jets we currently have.  I was able to hit 1700 m/s mach 5.75  Fastest scram jet I have heard of can only hit mach 7 but it doesn't even work until mach 3.

Edited by Nich

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.