PartTweaks - Official forum thread

DesertCookie

PartTweaks aims to improve the working in editor and making parts more realistic. It also ballances partgroups like air intakes out to solve some big problems with parts never get used because of their bad statistic. Overall Patwe just wants to make your time ingame as comfortable as possible.

Target group are new players but also veterans hanging around a lot in VAB and SPH wanting their play experience as smooth and uncomplicated as possible! (Archieve best experience with other mods like: TweakScale, Mechjeb, Kerbal Engineer Redux)

Page is work-in-progress so please be shure that there will be more in future :sticktongue:

Gameplay changes:

• Fuel filled wings, aerodynimcs and structurals (since: 0.1 changed: 0.2, 0.4, 0.65)
    Spoiler

Wings & Aerodynamics: Aerodynamic Nose Cone, Swept Wings, Advanced Nose Cone - Type A, Advanced Nose Cone - Type B, Small Nose Cone, Tail Connector A, Tail Connector B, Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk7, Wing Connector Type A, Wing Connector Type B, Wing Connector Type C, Wing Connector Type D, Wing Connector Type E, Delta Wing, Structural Wing Type A, Structural Wing Type B, Swept Wing Type A, Swept Wing Type B

Structurals: TVR-200L Stack Bi-Adapter, TVR-400L Stack Quad-Adapter, TVR-300L Stack Tri-Adapter, FL-A10 Adapter, Structural Fuselage, Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3, Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector, The Not-Rockomax Micronode, Small, Structural Pylon

Mods: Heat-Resistant Parts (+Interstellar Fuel Switch, CrossFeedEnabler)

• Ballanced air intakes (since: 0.75)
    Spoiler

Stock ballance:

Part Int. Air Mass (empty) Liq. Fuel Price (raw)
    Circular Intake 2.0 0.050 none 680
    XM-G50 Radial Air Intake 2.0 0.030 none 250
    Shock Cone Intake 2.0 0.130 none 3,050
    Adjustable Ram Intake 2 0.070 none 2,680
    Engine Pre-Cooler 5.0 0.175 40 1,650
    Engine Nacelle 5.0 0.175 150 600

PartTweaks' ballance:

Circular Intake 2.0 0.050 none 820
    XM-G50 Radial Air Intake 2.0 0.035 none 550
    Shock Cone Intake 2.0 0.105 15 1,030
    Adjustable Ram Intake 1.85 0.065 none 2,050
    Engine Pre-Cooler 5.0 0.155 55 2,600
    Engine Nacelle 5.0 0.170 150 3,000
  • Easier to use Mechjeb2 and Kerbal Engineer Redux (since: 0.65)
    Spoiler
    1. Added Mechjeb2- and KER-functions to all command pods.
    2. Prevent loading parts because they're not needed anymore (comming soon!).

• Advanced part categories (PLANNED!)
    Spoiler

Stock:

• Parachutes
    • Comming soon!

Mods: (will only appear if needed mod is installed)

• Heat-Resistant Parts
    • Comming soon!

• Note, that some facets of KSP get easier but other more difficult by this changes. Prepare for another partballancing than you know!

Download: CurseCurseforgeSpaceDock

Compatible with 1.0+

Pictures:

Spoiler

Supported / Included mods:

Planned Features:

• Custom categories
  • What can you think of? Feel free to share ideas, critics and other meanings right here in KerbalSpaceProgram forum.
Edited by Roovy
Finetuning here and there... pretty much building this whole site from new.

1 hour ago, John FX said:

pictures?

List of changes applied to the changed parts?

EDIT : Wait, is the only change to all the parts that they can have a little more fuel and cost a little more?

Not more; anyhow. But yes. It's as you say and as its described. It's just a little tweak mod that tries to make the game more realistic. In today's rocket design it would be a no-go to not use any available space for fuel or payload.

Pictures are in work. But what do you mean with "applied to the changed parts"?

Edited by Roovy

1 hour ago, Roovy said:

Not more; anyhow. But yes. It's as you say and as its described. It's just a little tweak mod that tries to make the game more realistic. In today's rocket design it would be a no-go to not use any available space for fuel or payload.

Pictures are in work. But what do you mean with "applied to the changed parts"?

I wondered what the changes were to each part but after I posted I saw the line saying what had changed.

I must say I`m with malah on this one, using module manager would be a much better way of doing this.

3 hours ago, John FX said:

I wondered what the changes were to each part but after I posted I saw the line saying what had changed.

I must say I`m with malah on this one, using module manager would be a much better way of doing this.

Okay. I maybe could add a line like "what's changed" so it's easier to see.

I'll took a look at it and try it. Thanks for the tip.

4 hours ago, Malah said:

Why you don't use ModuleManager to do this ? Overwrite the Squad's files is ... bad, bad, bad :P

I know... I know. But thanks for tip with Mm. I'll take a look at it.

Edited by Roovy

Thank you for building this mod! While I totally agree with switching it to use MM configurations instead of part over-writes, this is something I always set up eventually to add fuel to cones & tail parts for small craft.

There was an earlier mod called "fuel them all" or some such, and it also supported fuel-switching. I'll see if I can find it.

9 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Thank you for building this mod! While I totally agree with switching it to use MM configurations instead of part over-writes, this is something I always set up eventually to add fuel to cones & tail parts for small craft.

There was an earlier mod called "fuel them all" or some such, and it also supported fuel-switching. I'll see if I can find it.

I think I heard of it but I'm not sure. Please share it here! Maybe I can get some ideas from this if the mod isn't up-to-date anymore... 

4 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

This would be a great mod idea, but have to agree with the consensus, this should be in the form of MM files not replacements to stock files.

I'll work on it. Thanks for the response. It's incredible how many of it I can gain here! It's really helpful. 

4 hours ago, Sequinox said:

Honestly? Hold off on release until you make a module manager patch instead. Overwriting Squad files is not a good thing to do.

Until now I really didn't know what Mm can do. I always used it but never asked for the how.

All released version are alphas or betas to now. So I'll not stop them. But I'm going to make one more line in description that you should wait for release version before downloading anymore.

One more thanks for all the great support... 

@Malah@JohnFX@Beetlecat@JeffreyCor@Sequinox

The release version working with ModuleManager will be released on 18th. Together with an optional patch that undoes the changes done by overwriting Squad's files. It's just 2 days but I wanted to announce it here shortly so you can prepare and see your tipps come true...

Some more informations.

Edited by Roovy

@Beetlecat@Malah

I just found "fuel it all" as Beetlecat sayed. It seems a little untended but is basically the same. Expect the fact, that PartTweaks soon will support InterstellarFuelSwitch and I'm not done with just adding fuel to some parts.

I found you both replying to this thread in past so I thought let's be a little nostalgic.

I also have a question to all reading this: On Reddit it got mentioned, that PartTweaks isn't a good name because it's doesn't says anything about the mod in general. What do you think and do you have an name idea for this mod, who wants to make KSP more realistic and tries to improve game experience and the raison d'etre for some of nearly never used parts. 

Edited by Roovy

@Roovy Ah -- thanks! -- "Fuel it All" was the mod indeed.

I'm sure I found it useful back then, and would certainly do so today :)

I think I managed my own clone of the MM technique for the angled tail boom, but I can't remember which install of the game it lives in.

Edited by Beetlecat

Loving 0.4! Great job!! Making a few add on for myself on it to add your tweaks to the Heat Resistant Parts wings for spaceplanes :) If interested, once I'm sure I have them working right of course, I'd be glad to send them over also if you want to include it as optional support to save you a little time on part names etc. :)

On 19.3.2016 at 11:41 PM, JeffreyCor said:

Loving 0.4! Great job!! Making a few add on for myself on it to add your tweaks to the Heat Resistant Parts wings for spaceplanes :) If interested, once I'm sure I have them working right of course, I'd be glad to send them over also if you want to include it as optional support to save you a little time on part names etc. :)

Yes of course am I interested. If wanted I'll add the tweaks to every mod you name me. (If you need help with your tweaks... you know where to find me) @JeffreyCor

Edited by Roovy

@JeffreyCor@GuigU95@Beetlecat@Sequinox@John FX@Malah

Hey all there. On March 29th I'm going to release version 0.65 of PartTweaks. Big jump you think? Yes, propably. But there are good reasons for it: Update contains tweaks for Heat-Reasistant Parts (credits to JeffreyCor) as well as a complete ballance overhaul. Long announced, but not yet implemented was a complete integration of Interstellar Fuel Switch. This will change now... And there are also some more tiny things i don't want to promulgate for now.

Thanks for your awesome help to date :kiss: !   As always: I would like to hear your ideas, suggestions and tipps.

Edited by Roovy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.