[1.1.2] Phoenix Industries ARES Rover (The Martian) WIP Release - v1.2

-ctn-

No update yet, I've been down and out for the past couple of weeks. With 1.1 officially released, I see some people have figured out the hatch problem with some mods. I'll try to download Unity 5 this week and patch this and the MAV mod up. it seems like the hatch is the only issue for compatibility. 

Looks like Squad has patched the hatches/air locks issue. 

The current version should would fine with 1.1.2. Make sure to use stock wheels for now, or you may have issues with that. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Unable to use this mod...

None of the parts show up and the craft file won't load cause it says its missing parts...

Cockpit

Trailer

Battery

Flatbed

Is it broken with 1.3?

Great Looking Mod!

Check install path should be  KSP/GameData/CTN

loads for me

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pinging as well.

Most of "The Martian" stuff are great and it's sad to see them get no love.
I loved the Mars Descent Vehicle (the 6 kerbal cockpit) from the same author.

I would loved for this mod (and the other) to be given their final polish and in case of the author not wanting to bother, maybe offer them to Roverdude so he can package them with his own mod.
That said, just downloaded the unfinished part and will see if it's okay enough for use :) 

• 4 weeks later...

@-ctn- Would you be willing to fix the little nagging issues with this mod and the older AresExploration MDV cockpit at the very least? 
If you don't want to then you don't want to, just say it and I'll let it go.

So far, I've noticed a couple of little things:

• The AresCockpit does not have any cockpit lights (It has the headlights, but that's it).  I'm not a model editor/creator, so I do not know how long it would take to fix, but that would be very appreciated.  Having windows glow is something we've gotten accustomed to.  IMHO beside an internal (and I've used the MK1_2 internal from squad without issues) it's pretty much complete as a part.
  • The AresCockpit gives an error not finding NASA (.MDM if you try and open the .MU file with say, NotePad).  The file is not anywhere in the mod that I could find.   Even googled it, but to no avail. It still loads up and look fine, but I was "fixing my install" and noticed that error popping up
  • The MDV from "AresExploration" mod also does not have any cockpit lights... See above
  • The MDV from "AresExploration" get illuminated from the wrong side.  Put a girder, and rotate it to a 90 angle to the right... and set a light on it to illuminate the part.  It's offset by about 90 degrees. 
  • The MDV from "AresExploration" has the RCS jets going off from the wrong side... Might be related to the above issue, no idea.

I'm not asking you to finish every part from this mod and the other one.  But getting these 2 parts fixed would be an amazing thing for ppl that loves them (and I do).
Whatever you decide, thanks for making these parts, and happy holidays !

23 hours ago, Francois424 said:

@-ctn- Would you be willing to fix the little nagging issues with this mod and the older AresExploration MDV cockpit at the very least? 

ctn has not signed onto the KSP forums in over a year. This forum in particular hasn't been commented on by them in over 3 years. The last post ctn has made (on their other mod) indicated they lost all source files when their laptop crashed.

It's a safe bet to say they will not be updating this mod.

I will take care of it - License says we can do whatever we want as long as we credit and don't make money so that's what I'll do.

I'll pull all the models, fix the UVs if necessary, re-texture if necessary, rebuild from scratch in Unity for 1.8.

On the rover cockpit, I have some issues with the way the UV was unwrapped so I have mostly re-done it and this will be getting a fresh texture.

Give a dude some time though.

55 minutes ago, bcink said:

ctn has not signed onto the KSP forums in over a year. This forum in particular hasn't been commented on by them in over 3 years. The last post ctn has made (on their other mod) indicated they lost all source files when their laptop crashed.

I will take care of it - License says we can do whatever we want as long as we credit and don't make money so that's what I'll do.

I'll pull all the models, fix the UVs if necessary, re-texture if necessary, rebuild from scratch in Unity for 1.8.

On the rover cockpit, I have some issues with the way the UV was unwrapped so I have mostly re-done it and this will be getting a fresh texture.

Wow, thank you !  Looking forward to it and not in a rush anyways.  KSP1.8 does not have all the mods ready for my next playthru.
Really appreciated ! <3
:) 

Edited by Francois424

On 12/29/2019 at 8:34 AM, bcink said:

maybe it would be better to open a new thread if you are going to maintain this amazing mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.