KSP Career mode without science?

2 hours ago, SirToxic said:

I was wondering if there is some way to play career mode without the science part? So you have all the parts unlocked but you need to do contracts and earn Money to keep on building rockets.

I have a mod that I wrote just to do that called TreeToppler. Just drop that into the GameData folder, go into the R&D center, then press the "topple" button. You can either unlock all the nodes or just some of them. Personally I unlock all the nodes that I could get for that R&D center level (ie, up to 90 point nodes at tier 1) that way I still have some progression but don't have to worry about science. I also turn part unlock costs on so that I have to buy the parts to unlock them.

You don't actually need TreeToppler anymore. In the debug screen there's an option to just unlock the whole tech tree. I used it to make my "Ultimate Challenge" savefile.

Though I don't think the debug screen has the option to only partially topple the tree.

Edited by 5thHorseman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.