Jet Man Lift

Sector 7 Space Laboratories - Surface Construction Division

Jet Man Lift & Utility Truck
The Man Lift has lifted 3 Kerbals with power to spare, you may also be able to attach your own Rockets to the Lift if you are matching the height of the coupling on the loading ramp to the entrance of your craft. The first idea was landing gear on I Beams which wasn't impossible but difficult. The lift may have some overkill on parts but its working and I decided to leave well enough alone.

Jet Man Lift

Operations: I've been applying SAS giving full throttle and allowing at least 30 seconds for the Juno Engines to gain some thrust then after pressing space bar once I was switching back to the lift quickly to have enough time to hit the brakes before hitting the top of the shaft so it can stop without a hard jolt, this jolting will cause destruction as shown in my Going Up Short Film. The Standard Rocket I provided with the Man Lift is capable of reaching Orbit and returning the Capsule back to Kerbin's Atmosphere for a Parachute Landing.

Engineer's Report (Note: This is the complete craft with the Standard Rocket I provided)

Parts - 579
Mass - 359.4t
Height - 42.6m
Width - 8.8m
Length - 21.0m

Craft Files
Jet Man Lift with Standard Rocket

Utility Truck

Please note: Be sure to check out the Short Film Going Up! it's a laugh for the day

Edited by castille7
Note about Short Film Going Up a must see!

51 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

So very Kerbal. I salute you.

Thank you mj!

48 minutes ago, Nicole said:

That is awesome, very creative.

Thank you Nicole! The comments are nice to hear after completing a project for sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.