[WIN] KML - Persistence file editor

Mythos

12 hours ago, luizopiloto said:

can you make a linux ver.? :(

It's C# and WPF. C# may run with mono but WPF will not at the moment. That's what I read. I've no experience to develop for linux, I would like to have and of course would like to support more OS for KML. All that are dreams about post 1.0 version and it's still 0.x.

@Mythos, I have a suggestion, don't know how easily it can be implemented, but would it be possible to be able to import in flight vessels from one save to another, maybe an option to import certain vessels and another to import all, and maybe a further option to include importing debris.

6 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

import in flight vessels from one save to another

Next on my TODO is implementing a copy and paste function. In my mind this works between different save files. This would do the job, maybe not that easy going like some kind of assistant you may think of. What comes to my mind are questions like: would you expect the crew to be copied / imported as well? And there's a thing about unique identifiers but that will be solvable.

Just now, Mythos said:

Next on my TODO is implementing a copy and paste function. In my mind this works between different save files. This would do the job, maybe not that easy going like some kind of assistant you may think of. What comes to my mind are questions like: would you expect the crew to be copied / imported as well? And there's a thing about unique identifiers but that will be solvable.

Looking forward to it! <3

On 04/07/2016 at 1:41 PM, ultraviolet150 said:

@Mythos, I have a suggestion, don't know how easily it can be implemented, but would it be possible to be able to import in flight vessels from one save to another, maybe an option to import certain vessels and another to import all, and maybe a further option to include importing debris.

Have you had a look at Ship Save Splicer - 

It allows you to duplicate crafts between saves :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 10:40 AM, TheCardinal said:

A nice feature would be if you could add the ability to create a list of mods which are used for a craft by checking each part of that craft against the mods in gamedata.

Interesting idea, maybe later...

14 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

An option to copy paste nodes would be useful, too.

... because this comes first on my TODO list.

I'm looking forward to find some coding time, in a few weeks after exams maybe. But I chose to refactor a little to be better prepared for coming changes, so will not be working on features the first day. But I still like how this pre-release does already help some people here :) 

Just popping by to add my name to the list of people whose day this tool saved. Great work!

For those wondering, I had the "undock but nothing happens" bug, which glued a completed Station Science experiment to my Kerbin Orbital Station. Although the station is a little out of date compared to my tech tree progress, I wouldn't have liked to deorbit it all to get the experiment back to base. Thanks a lot again!

Edited by Codraroll

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I just now found out about this, it worked like a charm! :0.0:

I managed to dock a vessel to a mothership AND to itself... how that happened I'll never know (unless someone wants to tell me?)

I tried and failed to fix it manually before finding KML, this is the warning that it found and fixed:

VESSEL (MotherShip I, Ship, ORBITING) -> PART [35] (dockingPort1): Docked (same vessel):
Dock part is docked to parent dockee part. Docking state should be 'Docked (docker)' but is 'Docked (same vessel)', parent dock: PART [35] (dockingPort2): Docked (dockee)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent off two satellite probes to Minmus in a single fairing(this is in 1.2pre) to fulfill a couple of contracts, and, due to the way the orbits were aligned when I arrived, decided to uncouple the probes in the reverse order to which I'd originally intended. Lo and behold, the first one I set loose refused to allow me to deploy the solar panels, as they were still 'obstructed' by the fairing.

KML allowed me to sort the problem out in under 30 seconds..

So thank you, Mythos, I owe you a beer or three.

Hey, @Mythos!

I have seen that there are disabled GUI elements for Part removal, but the removal itself is not yet implemented.

It turns out that @Chris.Deadmanhas just that: a Part Remover Mod with only a CLI. His code is licensed as MIT, so it's free to use. Would you consider Stealing the Part removal code from him, and integrating it in your awesome Tool?

https://github.com/ChrisDeadman/KSPPartRemover

Edited by Kobymaru
I wasn't finished

On ‎29‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 3:35 PM, Kobymaru said:

Is it possible to *replace* parts of a ship?

You could go to the part and change its name. I can't tell anything about placement of different sized parts, but replacing a LFO-Tank by LiquidOnly-Tank of same size does work this way. Maybe any surface attached part work as well. Because of this positioning problems and unpredicted behavior in general, it may never be automated,.

On ‎11‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 1:31 PM, Kobymaru said:

It turns out that @Chris.Deadmanhas just that: a Part Remover Mod with only a CLI. His code is licensed as MIT, so it's free to use. Would you consider Stealing the Part removal code from him, and integrating it in your awesome Tool?

I had a look, and this is seems to be a good tool for part removal. But he does interpret the game file in his way and I do it differently. Its not only about deleting in the resulting game file. I need to manipulate my own representation of parts to remove them. What to do about deletion is almost straight forward, but its more than a few lines. Its on the TODO list, but not on top :wink:

I didn't manage to code KML for quite a while, but I will do soon.