So heres my question...

SmellsLikeCat

Ive been playing the demo for a long time now and would like to buy the game BUT I dont want to buy the game on the chance that the developers abandon the game and it never comes out in full. Your opinions? Id like to know how often it gets updated, how big of a fan base this has ect. from some of you.

Ive been playing the demo for a long time now and would like to buy the game BUT I dont want to buy the game on the chance that the developers abandon the game and it never comes out in full. Your opinions? Id like to know how often it gets updated, how big of a fan base this has ect. from some of you.

...................... Yeah... That\'s not going to happen. They pretty much put 100% of the their time into this. EVA\'s are only several weeks from being released and the fan base is HUGE...

Yes, even in it\'s current state, it\'s still the best and most fun game I\'ve played in a long time.

It\'s worth the money!

I\'d rank it up with RCT and the Civ series in terms of how fun it is.

If you discovered this game and DON\'T want to buy it, you\'re somewhat.... mentally retarded.

There is almost no way the devs would give up since they\'re planning another update. Even IF they give up, it\'s money well spent.

Updates are theoretically on a 1 month cycle. In practise, once you factor in testing time, the time it takes them to sort out all the bugs that they accidentally release, its more like every month and a half or two months. Next one is due out ina couple weeks.

BUY THE GAME!!

Landing on minimus is fun.

I\'m curious as to whether or not the OP actually thought he would get an alternate answer here.

OP, I held out buying for a while because 1. Unity limitations made me cautious in the same way you are, and 2. PayPal. Blergh. Dirty.

But, I\'ve spent way more money for way fewer hours of entertainment before (SPORE) than I did on KSP, even as it is at this point. Expansion to the core gameplay continues and the devs never seem to tire of finding ways around the Unity shortcomings. As well, Unity itself continues to be developed and as it does, things get easier for KSP.

Besides, what else are you going to spend that $15 on?

Considering I\'ve played this a LOT since I bought it back in January... yeah, it was totally worth it. In my experience, I would play $60 games for maybe a month or less and then never play them again. Not so with KSP, and you don\'t have to pay $60 for it.

I don\'t know...... maybe life-essential things? (e.g food, shelter, water)

Somehow I don\'t think those are items that are factoring into his decision. And anyway, Mr. Wise, what would you do with $15 that would significantly aide your situation assuming such problems were at the head?

PayPal dirty? No?

Yes. Research it. Paypal is criminal.

The devs have been quite faithful at giving us news on work being done on the game in the forums here. They even participate in many of the threads outside of development to help keep us apprised and in the know. I wouldn\'t hold them to a gold standard as far as frequent updates, as that can be unrealistic if certain updates turn out to be big. Between adding a second moon to Kerbin and EVA\'s in the next version, I would say their dedication is above and beyond. There have been other developers who just gave up with bigger budgets than what Squad has.

It should also be said it is those who buy the game or just donate who are helping keep Squad working, by the show of interest for the game as well as the lucrative side. So by putting in your prepurchase you are doing your part to make sure KSP hits Release. Besides, it isn\'t going to stay at $15 forever. Eventually there will be a further price increase. Getting the paid game now you do yourself and Squad a huge service.

If it came down to a choice of taking a month off of a subscribed MMO like The Old Republic to get KSP, I\'d say a month away from hokey religions and magic tricks is well worth it to have a rocket at your full control.

Addendum:

Squad has also stated that they are working to find other online methods for payment other than Paypal. But it should also be said you are able to make the purchase through Paypal without giving them a dime. It still pays to be vigilant and watch your bank account. Doing it on a Monday so you have a full week in order to work with your bank if something goes hinkey is a good choice, as well. Use a debit card if you can. Working with a bank you deal with directly is a lot easier than any faceless credit card company.

Even if for whatever reason Squad does stop working on the project, I am sure KSP will still be pushed forward by the mod makers and community. The game is definitely worth every penny as far as I\'m concerned. I haven\'t clocked how much I\'ve played it over the past few months, but its easily over 15 hours, so 1 dollar for 1 hour of awesome entertainment is a good value to me. But not only that, I feel like I\'ve now invested in the game and really get excited about all the updates. Seeing how open and friendly the developers are to the community, I am really satisfied with supporting them, and am eager to see them get more cash so they can devote more time to developing it. Games like this don\'t really have huge market appeal, but I still try to get the word out about this game as much as I can. If you\'ve really enjoyed the demo as much as you said you have, THEN BUY THE DAMN GAME! 8)

Even the demo version is worth the $15 once you factor mods and community challenges into it, the developers already have another update basically ready which will make the game even better. To be honest, there\'s a part of me which will actually be dissapointed when the release version is ready because then the great journey of KSP will have reached its apoapsis, it\'s all a trip to the end after that.

Plus buy now and get it cheaper than if you wait. Buy Buy BUY!

[mod]Please keep it on topic guys, enough with the PayPal debate[/mod]

I always compare the value of KSP to films. I usually pay £20 for a film, watch it once, and it gathers dust for eternity. However, I paid £10~ for KSP and keep coming back to it, entertainment money well spent.

First of all, alternative payment methods are on the agenda.

Second, I was a Squad customer before I was ever an employee, and I am speaking honestly when I say that KSP is well worth the money. The replay value is there due to the sheer volume of mods available and the sandbox nature of the game, not to mention that it\'s actually fun to play, something that a lot of AAA titles are forgetting to add. The new features coming down the road will add to both columns.

Also, we need new shoes, the duct tape is starting to come off. :\'(

I don\'t know...... maybe life-essential things? (e.g food, shelter, water)

...And if you have the free time to be debating to buy this, it\'s safe to assume that those needs are already fulfilled. 15 bucks is under half the price of a retail game, and all future updates are free.

The fan base and support gets bigger by the week. I think the staff has posted multiple stats about how the forums grew exponentially since they opened up last year.

SQUAD seems to have just kicked it into even higher gear by the fact that they started a new blog with all new other things coming up. Since KSP started, it seems SQUAD\'s confidence has only gone up and doesn\'t see a break coming up any time soon.

Even if you only played the full version for 1 week, it will be worth the price as you\'ll probably have already put more hours into it than any other game of the same price.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.