Music for da game

ronnronn

I\'ve been spending alot of my free time trying to create a small set of musical peices for KSP.

What id like to do is start submiting them on the forum for critique.

Also, Id really like to get any ideas from you guys about what you would enjoy or what youd expect for a game like this.

Now first point: Im not in any capacity a member of squad or on the payroll. Im doing this on my own and hoping when im done that well have something worthy of submitting for this game.

Second: im making all of them from scratch, no remixes of other artists work.

Make it space ambiance like the Mass Effect galaxy map song or something along those lines. Please don\'t make it silly or some sort of metal/rock crap, this is a space program game not a war game.

I was thinking something different for each body you enter the influence of. when you get within a certain distance of the mun have a mun theme, same for mini and kerb. enter the atmosphere and start a landing track. for lift off have a launch track. pos a few tracks for landing on a another planet/moon an exciting one for a planet with an atmosphere, a more subtle one for landing in a vacume.

As for the heavy metal? maby a little guitar here and there for an exciting bit, or even some dispersed into a clasical peice, but no battle music. Hell some acustic would probably work for long flights between bodies.

I just dont want to end up with the eve online soundtrack

The EVE Online soundtrack is 1) Awesome 2) Really old 3

)Powered by a terrible music player.

There have been a few posts involving people thinking of making music for KSP, perhaps we could do a forum effort thread/album style job (I\'d contribute for sure)? This sort of thing could generate loads of interesting, different music whether Squad wants to take any of it on or not - everyone will have different takes on what they think KSP should sound like (like a poster said in this thread the music shouldn\'t be 'silly' ??? ) and the more music there is the more choice there is.

A bit more on topic... I\'m up for giving you feedback on this project wherever though - I know it can help a lot!

That sounds like a good idea i may just make that thread right now, an all-encompassing thread where everyone whose making music can post what they\'ve created. I dont plan on making any but you are and others are, so it sounds good to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.