Exploring real solar system with stock parts using isp scaler

beamthegreat

Hi all. Is there any ISP scaling mod that works with KSP 1.0.5? Back in 0.9, I would install the real solar system mod and an ISP scaling mod (Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler) which I prefer to installing realism overhaul since it was extremely complex and requires too much planning that it takes out the fun for me.

I remember the ISP scaling mod automatically calculates how much ISP it needs to multiply in order to make it feel like a "normal" KSP game. If there's a mod with this functionality that would be perfect.

4 hours ago, sardia said:

Are you sure you don't want the 8x mod that makes kerbin 8 times bigger?

Yes I am sure. Anyways I tried the SMURFF mod which was OK but not exactly what I expected. The mod doesn't increase the ISP but it reduced the weight of the tank and thrusters in order to increase the dV.  I still had to build a really large rocket just to achieve a moon flyby. Is there any other mods that will allow me to build a normal ksp sized ship to explore the solar system instead of huge asparagus monsters?

dV to orbit in RSS with FAR is about 9,5km/s. Divide this by whatever it is in stock these days, and you get x. Go to your engine. cfg files and multiply all the rocket engine ISP values by x. It sounds daunting if you've never done it but it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes.  Back up your parts folder just in case... 

2 minutes ago, beamthegreat said:

That is true, but in order to do that you need to play in sandbox mode. I might be proven wrong but I think its impossible to play career mode in RSS with stock parts.

It isn't. I can link you a playlist of a guy that did it and it took him 20 episodes to get to the Moon and 73 for a Mars and Back mission. This was before 0..24 though so it might not count.

Even if it is possible I doubt anyone would enjoy playing in career mode using stock parts. The game would become extremely grindy and you would have to complete hundreds of contracts before you save up enough credits to launch something into space.

Take a look at the size of the rocket needed to send 3 crew to the moon in this video: 

Edited by beamthegreat

7 hours ago, beamthegreat said:

Even if it is possible I doubt anyone would enjoy playing in career mode using stock parts. The game would become extremely grindy and you would have to complete hundreds of contracts before you save up enough credits to launch something into space.

Take a look at the size of the rocket needed to send 3 crew to the moon in this video: 

Smaller than my Moon rocket tbh. Frames must've been 100% hell, I'll tell you that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.