[1.1.3] Mk1 Cockpit RPM Internals - Now with ASET!

fast_de_la_speed

Download at Spacedock

Unofficial mirror for ASET Props and ASET Avionics

Spoiler

In 1.0.5, Squad released the new Mk1 Cockpits. Using the new unreleased PartTools which have some new "InternalSpace" shader types, these remade internals had broken the RasterPropMonitor internals, and broke Unity whenever they are imported. This bothered me, as an avid fan of RPM, not being able to do full IVA missions with the Mk1.

Using Blender as the placer instead of Unity, I present to you the new Mk1's, each with a magnificent array of instruments.

There are two internals for the Mk1, a standard RPM that adds 3 displays, and an ASET internal that crams almost all the instruments inside the tiny cockpit. The inline also has an ASET and a standard RPM internal.

Mk2 Inline

Known issues

The docking view has collider issues, so you can't actually click anything when you're in that view. Blame Squad.

Next up is possible minor adjustments (based on user input :))

There is not license for this mod, you can do what you want, but please give credit where credit is due.

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

Did you do this purely through cfg editing? I was trying to edit the cockpit in Unity today only to learn that it uses something like some updated shaders that make Unity eat RAM like nobody's business and forces a heap crash. I'm hoping they release the new part tools alongside 1.1.

7 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

@flyboy463 100% through cfg editing, almost. I imported the internal mesh into blender for a basic idea of the internal space, but after that I just plugged values in the cfg.

Nice work. I imagine it took a good bit of trial and error to get everything situated, not to mention time. It takes me hours and hours to customize some cockpits to my liking, and that's just with basic drag and place in Unity, I can't imagine doing it purely by numbers.

Awesome, thanks for the update; this is great work - especially without the PartTools! 

Would you consider at all updating these with the ASET props or ASET Avionics when the new PartTools come out? I have a hankering for Machmeters and HUDs. ;)

Oh, those are so good. I don't see a gear lever in the Mk1 inline, but the G key will do. :) The only thing I would ask for is the ASET buttons for turning on the panel lights and instrument backlighting, if it's not too much trouble. :D This really is great work, thanks!

7 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Oh, those are so good. I don't see a gear lever in the Mk1 inline, but the G key will do. :) The only thing I would ask for is the ASET buttons for turning on the panel lights and instrument backlighting, if it's not too much trouble. :D This really is great work, thanks!

Yeah, i couldnt find an appropriate spot for the gear lever, it didn't "fit" anywhere to me. :huh: I'll try and find the prop that controls the instrument lighting, I'm sure it's somewhere in the configs :D

@fast_de_la_speed Okay, you rock. Let's start there.

If you placed all the props in Blender, didn't you have to flip the Y and Z values? God, that must have sucked to do that for all of them :(

I was going to do this myself for an A-10C styled inline cockpit, but Unity just burst into flames and had a seizure.

@SpaceToad I did have to flip the values, but it was pretty easy, cause I just looked at the values while I typed them into my text editor. The real tough part was rotations. The quaternion rotation in Blender is different than Unity's, more than just swapping the Y and Z values. sometimes you gotta make a positive negative, and vice versa... it can give you a real headache.:confused: Yeah, Unity seems to like associating the new cockpits with crashing and burning (very Kerbally):cool:. @theonegalen your lighted cockpit is ready :) unfortunately, I haven't found a way to turn off the main cockpit space lights. Hope that's okay.

Gonna call it, this is the most amazing IVA mod I've used. You managed to put the props in a very realistic layout and it really pays off (some people just shove everything in an odd fashion). I really hope to see your future mods if they're up to this quality! <3

2 hours ago, DownHereInChile said:

Looks great! Although Spacedock says it supports CKAN and I can't see it anywhere. Is this an issue or will it not be supported at all?

Loving the screenshots. I REALLY need this! 

Glad you like it :D

About CKAN.... I made sure I had the "index on CKAN" box checked when I created the mod, but it never showed up for me either (I don't use it anymore anyway), so I guess it's a CKAN issue.

You should remove the "/1.1]" in your title since rpm is not compatible with 1.1

I just did the test with the last version

Maybe there is a dev version that's compatible but then a link would be helpful as you did with ASET props

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.