fast_de_la_speed

[1.1.3] Mk1 Cockpit RPM Internals - Now with ASET!

Recommended Posts

Could you by any chance incorporate @kujuman's brilliant NavUtilities in your cockpits? I think that is a vital flightsystem for navigation and landings. With this your setup will be complete for realistic flights. There is both an analogue prop as well as a MFD page.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

Could you by any chance incorporate @kujuman's brilliant NavUtilities in your cockpits? I think that is a vital flightsystem for navigation and landings. With this your setup will be complete for realistic flights. There is both an analogue prop as well as a MFD page.

 

If you copy and paste the following code into a new .cfg file in your gamedata folder (I put it in GameData/Galen, where I put all my homebrew cfgs), then it will add the NavUtilities page to the ASET MFD - assuming you're using the ASET props/avionics version of this mod. This code was originally written by MasseFlieger for his AKI Modified IVAs mod.

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:Final
{
	  @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
	  {
		PAGE
		{
			button = button_A
			name = KSF_NAV_HSI
			disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

			BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_MLS
                method = DrawMLS
				buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

				btnPrevRwy = 6
				btnNextRwy = 5
				btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }
			
			CONTEXTREDIRECT
			{
				redirect = home,   menuDefault
			}
		}
		
		PAGE
		{
			button = button_A
			name = KSF_NAV_AI
			disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

			BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_AI
                method = DrawAI
				//buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

				//btnPrevRwy = 6
				//btnNextRwy = 5
				///btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }
			
			CONTEXTREDIRECT
			{
				redirect = home,   menuDefault
			}
		}
	  }
}

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

If you copy and paste the following code into a new .cfg file in your gamedata folder (I put it in GameData/Galen, where I put all my homebrew cfgs), then it will add the NavUtilities page to the ASET MFD

Brilliant. Thank you champ.

PFWfAhn.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2016 at 9:26 PM, xaj1x said:

Theirs been a problem I installed all the mods needed for this mod and so when I go into my Mk1 Inline cockpit it doesn't work at all it still views as the regular vanilla parts.

 

 

I too have this issue, but reversed. The inline cockpit has all of your bits and bobs, but the regular cockpit has the stock vanilla interior... I do have module manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fast_de_la_speed

I'm looking at the configs, and I noticed a couple of things

  • Your RPM patch adds the RPM Computer, and then your ASET patch comes along and adds it again. I'm not sure if this causes issues or not, but it's probably unnecessary.
  • If you're using both ASET Avionics and ASET Props, consider using "ASETPropsIdentifier" as your :NEEDS instead of just "ASET" - it's the plugin associated with ASET Props. It's more specific.

Are you just doing fly-boy type cockpits or are you thinking of branching out (e.g. Mk2 Lander Pod)? With a name like your's and knowing your other mods, I can't really see you doing a lander can to be honest, heh. Still.... if you do, I would gobble it up in a second. There was something else I was going to ask, but I forgot...oh well.

Cheers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@fast_de_la_speed

I'm looking at the configs, and I noticed a couple of things

  • Your RPM patch adds the RPM Computer, and then your ASET patch comes along and adds it again. I'm not sure if this causes issues or not, but it's probably unnecessary.
  • If you're using both ASET Avionics and ASET Props, consider using "ASETPropsIdentifier" as your :NEEDS instead of just "ASET" - it's the plugin associated with ASET Props. It's more specific.

Are you just doing fly-boy type cockpits or are you thinking of branching out (e.g. Mk2 Lander Pod)? With a name like your's and knowing your other mods, I can't really see you doing a lander can to be honest, heh. Still.... if you do, I would gobble it up in a second. There was something else I was going to ask, but I forgot...oh well.

Cheers.

 

I'd love to branch out onto other pods, I enjoy making internals and I really do wish to expand from what I usually center around (cars, roads, etc), but I'm going to finish those beforehand. I can probably get around to doing the quick fixes you asked for tomorrow.

I've been so busy with car modding, work and other games I haven't actually played KSP since the 1.1.2 release, haha :sticktongue: maybe it's time I start playing again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Mk2 Inline cockpit could also use your ASET wizardry while we're waiting for the Master Wizard @alexustas to finish updating ASET. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Thought I'd let you know I'm going to start making an IVA for the Mk2 inline! After starting to play ksp after a couple months of a dry spell, it's occurred to me that this is something that's needed! :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

Ahoy! Mk2 Inline ASET is here! Please check out the album:

http://imgur.com/a/f2ed8

Forums arent embedding anymore. Lame.

 

Please tell me if something needs tweaking or fixing. Have fun! :D

That's some really great work! I've been following your progress for a while now and I have to say, I'm impressed with your work. Have you added the update to CKAN? Also, when ASET updates his new and improved IVA props, will you rework the cockpit or will you simply switch and add a few of the more useful props? Thanks again for a really great and useful IVA!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

Ahoy! Mk2 Inline ASET is here! Please check out the album:

http://imgur.com/a/f2ed8

Forums arent embedding anymore. Lame.

 

Please tell me if something needs tweaking or fixing. Have fun! :D

Looks great and I can't wait to use it! Are you still config bashing, or do you use the KSP part tools in Unity now? I just got them installed because I wanted to ASET-ify a bunch of mod cockpits, but I can't get things to load due to the dds textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Looks great and I can't wait to use it! Are you still config bashing, or do you use the KSP part tools in Unity now? I just got them installed because I wanted to ASET-ify a bunch of mod cockpits, but I can't get things to load due to the dds textures.

config bashing, actually. As I read this I realized that I was in the mod ksp directory that didn't have aset props (I have two mod copies currently). That could have saved alot of time... ;.;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2016 at 4:04 PM, DeepSlayLP said:

Somehow It only adds one display and not the rest pics will follow later

 

is this still an issue...? there are no pictures yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2016 at 8:13 PM, theonegalen said:

Looks great and I can't wait to use it! Are you still config bashing, or do you use the KSP part tools in Unity now? I just got them installed because I wanted to ASET-ify a bunch of mod cockpits, but I can't get things to load due to the dds textures.

Wait...So you installed PartTools & Unity to do this?... And things dont load because of the .dds textures?... Hmmm... I know there are several programs/utilities out there that will convert .dds back to .png, .tga, or .mbm...

I havent used it yet, so I dont even remember exactly what it does, but google "mbm utilities textures", to find a utility called "MBM Utilities"...might be what you need...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DeepSlayLP said:

https://imgur.com/a/tphvE

This is where you can find the picture 

(Disclaimer: Forgot how to add imgur pics again) 

that is not my cockpit. perhaps you have another mod conflict? there should be no conflicts, but maybe there is a mod I have to add a compatibility fix for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Wait...So you installed PartTools & Unity to do this?... And things dont load because of the .dds textures?... Hmmm... I know there are several programs/utilities out there that will convert .dds back to .png, .tga, or .mbm...

I havent used it yet, so I dont even remember exactly what it does, but google "mbm utilities textures", to find a utility called "MBM Utilities"...might be what you need...

I figured it out. The models load, but the textures don't. So long as you don't mind doing everything with shaded wireframes, it's fine.

My first cockpit coming soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theonegalen said:

The models load, but the textures don't. So long as you don't mind doing everything with shaded wireframes, it's fine.

Try creating a "Textures" folder inside the Assets folder, and then manually drop/copy all the required textures into it...

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2016 at 6:24 PM, theonegalen said:

If you copy and paste the following code into a new .cfg file in your gamedata folder (I put it in GameData/Galen, where I put all my homebrew cfgs), then it will add the NavUtilities page to the ASET MFD - assuming you're using the ASET props/avionics version of this mod. This code was originally written by MasseFlieger for his AKI Modified IVAs mod.

 

You're doing the Lord's work, theonegalen! :D

Edited by Voculus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Try creating a "Textures" folder inside the Assets folder, and then manually drop/copy all the required textures into it...

From my Google investigation, it seems that Unity can not read dds textures, which is the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now