Modding Monday: Tbone's XAGM!

SQUAD

5 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

an official KSP nod to a weapons mod?

I am totally put out.  

KSP is NOT a military simulation. Never has been.

WHY DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE SUCH A VIOLENT MOD?

Squad should be ashamed of themselves,

naah let it,

the peggi institution will came here and reclassify the game:

322.gifviolence.gif

:P

Nice mod anyway.

4 minutes ago, Skalou said:

naah let it,

the peggi institution will came here and reclassify the game:

322.gifviolence.gif

:P

Nice mod anyway.

I'm not having an issue with the quality of the mod.

I have an issue with Squad identifying with or supporting a military mod.

33 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

I'm not having an issue with the quality of the mod.

I have an issue with Squad identifying with or supporting a military mod.

Even if i don't use these military mods myself, i don't have any problem with them or there images:

the space exploration has an history linked to the missiles,

Ksp offer a nice playground for them (big round map, custom aircraft, modability,...)

the armory mods (at least those i' ve seen) can be fun without showing a lot of violence even if this is a fight:

chess-king-square-pi%E1%BA%BFc-black-and

edit:

and you can build  missiles in stock too, there are just less efficient. :P

Edited by Skalou

What is with all the hatred toward Squad as of late? First the virtual lynch mobs over the 1.1 open experimentals on Steam, then the contempt toward the cutaway IVA feature shown by Das Valdez, and now this? Maybe Squad was impressed with the quality of work of the coding and modeling itself, and not the superficial fact it's an armed missile.

This past year I've become increasingly disappointed at the content and attitude of some of the forum posts in this community. :huh:

Let's not forget the Golden Rule, and everything doesn't need to be taken so seriously.

EDIT: I admit my post may have been fairly strongly-worded as well.  Sorry for the off-topic rant. :sealed:

Edited by Raptor9

Missiles are rockets too, right ? ;) I don't see the reason for such negative reaction to this mod, especially given how many space exploration missions were built in top of ICBM capable rockets designed primarily to deliver explosive payloads for miltary proposes ....

Edited by r_rolo1

32 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

What is with all the hatred toward Squad as of late? First the virtual lynch mobs over the 1.1 open experimentals on Steam, then the contempt toward the cutaway IVA feature shown by Das Valdez, and now this? Maybe Squad was impressed with the quality of work of the coding and modeling itself, and not the superficial fact it's an armed missile.

This past year I've become increasingly disappointed at the content and attitude of some of the forum posts in this community. :huh:

Let's not forget the Golden Rule, and everything doesn't need to be taken so seriously.

EDIT: I admit my post may have been fairly strongly-worded as well.  Sorry for the off-topic rant. :sealed:

This is the only anxiety I have about the imminent 1.1 release. I will most likely avoid the forum for a good month or two after it is out. I'll be too busy playing KSP anyway.

In reference to the mod, however... Considering the popularity of BD Armory I can't see how a weapons mod is verboten all of a sudden. This looks like a pretty decent addition to that side of gameplay and not unprecedented in the real world, what with laser guided/cruise missiles.

I'd also prefer to not discourage people from experimenting with mods because of potential backlash from being featured by Squad. Don't let it get to you Tbone just because it isn't everyone's preference.

Edited by HvP

1 hour ago, Wallygator said:

an official KSP nod to a weapons mod?

I am totally put out.  

KSP is NOT a military simulation. Never has been.

WHY DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE SUCH A VIOLENT MOD?

Squad should be ashamed of themselves,

Ya, not a fan either. I'm OK with people "militarizing" KSP on their own time, it's their choice. I'm OK with said mods being hosted on common mod hosting sites, but I don't think they need to be featured here.

Edited by Project Pluto

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

I think it is just a problem of visibility.

The audience for KSP is still growing, so when you see more comments about something than you have seen before it is natural to think that a higher percentage of the forum goers are commenting on it and as such they are up in arms about it, when in reality it could easily be a smaller percentage of forum goers, but a higher number because of the growing fan-base.

You never see the larger number of players who quietly support Squad, just the few commenters who raise their voice in protest.

I would not start to worry unless and until Squad starts talking about their next project, whatever that may happen to be, as that could be an indicator that sales are dropping off and they need to start putting effort elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Han_Hecking_Solo said:

Seriously with the hate? This is a really cool mod, and you guys get angry about it because it isn't a gigantic content pack. Those mods already get the attention they deserve.

I agree. Anybody that complains about this ever try a Top Gun competition? You would be very shocked as to how hard they are, and the VERY steep learning curve of building a plane that can dodge missiles AND guns, and outmaneuver your opponent, plus not stall out at 15+G turns and still pick up speed enough to maneuver for a shot and win the competition, only to do it all again with a harder opponent.

Building a plane that can do this takes a very long time to tweak and perfect. The balance and design has to be absolutely dead perfect or you're dead. 

AND you have to do all of this on STOCK parts. Mods are generally not allowed (levels playing field).

It's harder than trying to launch a rocket and do a Jool grand tour of all the moons on a single tank of fuel.

Edited by GDJ

G'day guys, mod author here. just wanted to say that i'm quite chuffed at the fact that my mod was featured here. I also want to add that I appreciate you guys not necessarily targeting me directly, Honestly I don't mind criticism, I'll simply ignore it, but if I consider it constructive then I'll take it into account. 

Anyway that's all I really have to say, Thanks!

Whatever your thoughts about Squad, how about you folks keep in mind that this mod was made by a human being with feelings? This is not a shining moment for this community. 

Tbone2142, I would like to apologize for the way your work has been treated in this thread. 

44 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Whatever your thoughts about Squad, how about you folks keep in mind that this mod was made by a human being with feelings? This is not a shining moment for this community. 

Tbone2142, I would like to apologize for the way your work has been treated in this thread. 

Appreciate it mate, I know it's not everyone. But hey, it's the internet, everyone hates something.

Dont like a mod? Dont use it. Maybe some people would prefer to see a flower arranging mod. How about submarines?  As ex Royal Navy I can assure you they are not a vessel just to view fish from yet many people use them in KSP, which, if Im not mistaken can be used any way the player wants.

As for showcasing it on Modding Monday, why not? When I sit watching TV I see many programmes advertised that I either dont want to watch or have content in them I disagree with yet do I complain to the company? No.

Squad, you keep doing what your doing. You show off mods that you want to. Lets just hope that in the end people can remember that this is only a computer game and that when its turned off for the evening there are still far more important problems IRL than a mod.

8 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

^ This.

Shame on the community.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.