SCF 14/3/16: the substitute edition.

OeVBDOq.png

Standard disclaimer: said:

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Alright folks, let's get started!

Thunderbird 3, by @Logan.Darklighter:

WoW4BXY.png

A beautiful and and heavily modded sci-fi spaceship from the 60's, this is the only way to rescue anyone, in style.

Delta Dream, by @luizopiloto:

Another lovely spacecraft, the Delta Dream is what you'd get if a Dreamchaser launched atop a Delta-IV heavy.  That second stage.........

Jool mining corp. craft pack, by @ThatGuyWithALongUsername:

I'm not familiar with Red Dwarf, but I still like the use of stayputniks.  And thermometers.

Life-size Antonov AN-225, by @kapteenipirk:

So huge...  Amazingly, this stays together during even fast maneuvers. 

Single craft engine rotating VTOL, by @quasarrgames:

Avoids many of the problems with most stock hinges, by using the Klaw!

Saturn V replicas- Selene MK 1 & 3, by @Majorjim

Amazing.  Especially great work with the compound tanks, they look much like 5m parts.

MK3 SSTA Spaceplane - KSS Voyager, by @selfish_meme:

Watch out @rune, you have some competition!

Sorry if this sounds a bit rushed.  I was sadly unable to test these craft.  Also sorry about not getting the @mentions to work.

That's it for this week, see you next time!

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

2 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Watch out @rune, you have some competition!

Good to see that! The more we are the better I can feel when I have nothing new to offer. :)

...Well, actually, there is this amazing no-air SSTA (including Tylo!) that I saw the other day by @fenya, which got me really itching to try and match it... in any case, a story for another day. ;)

Rune. And as always, congrats to the featured! A couple of them had totally swung under my radar.

4 hours ago, Rune said:

...Well, actually, there is this amazing no-air SSTA (including Tylo!) that I saw the other day by @fenya, which got me really itching to try and match it... in any case, a story for another day. ;)

I sure, that you have confused me with the user TAL, because i hadn't show my rocket-ssto here (it's too ugly). If you want to download his craft to test and do not have an aversion to foreign languages, go to this website

17 minutes ago, fenya said:

I sure, that you have confused me with the user TAL, because i hadn't show my rocket-ssto here (it's too ugly). If you want to download his craft to test and do not have an aversion to foreign languages, go to this website

I think he is actually talking about this

That was the thread he was commenting in anyway.

Thanks for the mention guys :). Even despite all the crashes, corrupted craft files and the enormous lag, it was worth it to see that huge beast do a loop de loop.

Now it's time to do something smaller and more reasonable, like the A-400M.

4 hours ago, fenya said:

I sure, that you have confused me with the user TAL, because i hadn't show my rocket-ssto here (it's too ugly). If you want to download his craft to test and do not have an aversion to foreign languages, go to this website.

Yuup. It was @TAL's thing I saw. He only gave us one video on the SSTO thread, and I must have misremembered, but credit where credit is due! Also, @Mad Rocket Scientist, I think you are missing a quote for the Thunderbird, I don't see a way to click through to the original post.

Rune. Preliminary testing shows it is actually not that hard to engineer, once you know it's possible.

2 hours ago, Rune said:

Also, @Mad Rocket Scientist, I think you are missing a quote for the Thunderbird, I don't see a way to click through to the original post.

Here ya go, Rune - a relevant quote from my thread:  "You turn over QUICKLY and then turn from rocket mode to air-breathing and take a more SSTO profile until you gain a LOT of speed, THEN pitch hard up to orbital velocity."

(Which I think I may re-edit to become my general "Thunderbirds in KSP" working thread)

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

23 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I really appreciate the mention MRS and you being able to put this up, I would not have had any spare time till about 12 hours from now.

22 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

What? I got featured???

:0.0:

Seriously, thank you!

21 hours ago, Rune said:

Good to see that! The more we are the better I can feel when I have nothing new to offer. :)

Rune. And as always, congrats to the featured! A couple of them had totally swung under my radar.

19 hours ago, Logan.Darklighter said:

Wow! Thanks for the shout-out! And Thunderbird 3 isn't even quite finished yet! I guess I need to go put the finishing touches on her! :D

14 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Thanks for the mention guys :). Even despite all the crashes, corrupted craft files and the enormous lag, it was worth it to see that huge beast do a loop de loop.

Now it's time to do something smaller and more reasonable, like the A-400M.

13 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Cheers for stepping in @Mad Rocket Scientist and doing this, and thank you for choosing my craft! Well done to all chosen, that Thunderbirds rocket is epic looking!

You're all very welcome!

11 hours ago, Rune said:

Yuup. It was @TAL's thing I saw. He only gave us one video on the SSTO thread, and I must have misremembered, but credit where credit is due! Also, @Mad Rocket Scientist, I think you are missing a quote for the Thunderbird, I don't see a way to click through to the original post.

Rune. Preliminary testing shows it is actually not that hard to engineer, once you know it's possible.

Here's the link:

I'll add it to the OP too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.