[Searchingmod] Any science data relay mod ?

k0spwn

Hello everyone, 

I'm looking for a mod that add science data relay system to KSP (1.0.5) because I'm tired of always needing to get the craft back to kerbin to get 100% Science...

If you don't understand what I mean, here's an example :

I have a rover on Duna and a little orbiter around Duna, the rover does the science, send it to the orbiter that get back to kerbin ( and land ) to get 100% of the collected science without having to get the rover back...

Thanks for your help :D :)

Can you manage a "sample return" from Duna surface to orbiter?

There are at least a couple mods that add hard-drives or science data storage containers... Could you add one to your rover, collect the science, store it in the HDD/container, and have that part liftoff and return to the orbiter?

38 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Can you manage a "sample return" from Duna surface to orbiter?

There are at least a couple mods that add hard-drives or science data storage containers... Could you add one to your rover, collect the science, store it in the HDD/container, and have that part liftoff and return to the orbiter?

In my situation, no.

The rover's skycrane don't have docking port and landed hard so no engines... the only thing in perfect state is the rover himself with science modules and an antenna... that's why I'm looking for a mod.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Set Science Relay, instead of getting it landed, you may send the data from rover, to orbitor, and then to a lab around duna, or any command pod around kerbin and land the command pod or probe (with science storage) back with 100% science, you will need to set the settings.

I'm confused. You seem to be saying you want to send samples to orbit, but without actually sending anything physically back to orbit. If so, that doesn't make any sense -- they're samples, physical things like rocks and stuff, they have to be physically carried to somewhere with a lab to analyze, that's the point. There probably aren't any mods that allow you to teleport physical samples, because that's weird and sort of defeats the purpose.

If you don't mean that, and I misunderstood, and you ARE able to get the samples to orbit, but just want to bring them back or analyze them on a different ship, then use kerbalism, linked above, which implements a system that allows you to move samples around between probe cores in a single ship--so you can send them up into orbit in a small ascending stage (no need to bring whole rover--science is in the probe core itself), DOCK, then move science, undock, and proceed going home with the mothership, or use a manned lab in the mothership to analyze or whatever.

Edited by Crimeo

9 hours ago, Crimeo said:

I'm confused. You seem to be saying you want to send samples to orbit, but without actually sending anything physically back to orbit. If so, that doesn't make any sense -- they're samples, physical things like rocks and stuff, they have to be physically carried to somewhere with a lab to analyze, that's the point. There probably aren't any mods that allow you to teleport physical samples, because that's weird and sort of defeats the purpose.

If you don't mean that, and I misunderstood, and you ARE able to get the samples to orbit, but just want to bring them back or analyze them on a different ship, then use kerbalism, linked above, which implements a system that allows you to move samples around between probe cores in a single ship--so you can send them up into orbit in a small ascending stage (no need to bring whole rover--science is in the probe core itself), DOCK, then move science, undock, and proceed going home with the mothership, or use a manned lab in the mothership to analyze or whatever.

He want to send the reports not samples, it is a rover, a probe, how can you take a sample from it. He want science report to be send to orbitor and get it back with 100% science instead of getting the rover back or with a % of science by direct transmission.

43 minutes ago, PrathamK said:

He want to send the reports not samples 

You can already send the reports (for less science, since nobody analyzed it...) in stock KSP.

You can't get the full amount, but of course you can't, because learning the most from rocks requires a geologist to examine them in detail, thus requiring you to get them to KSC or to a skylab. 

it is a rover, a probe, how can you take a sample from it. 

As noted above, the mod kerbalism lets you transfer samples to probe cores in the same ship, so you can move stuff from the sampling devices, to the core, then launch the core back into orbit to meet up with a mother ship.

He want science report to be send to orbitor and get it back with 100% science instead of getting the rover back or with a % of science by direct transmission.

You're unlikely to find a mod that just does this, because it doesn't make sense in universe. However, as above, kerbalism will allow it to wok via a launch of just the probe (you can leave the heavy rover behind) for 100%

Listen, no Kerbalism now (does it support 1.2.2 and whats its size, i want it)

You send a orbitor with rover to land. Now you have landed the rover.

Collect science reports and want to send it to orbitor.

Orbitor returns Kerbin, re-enter and recovers with all the science.

Now the problem, no engines on rover to take off, so how to send science to orbitor.

He need help and he need to relay the science only, no samples nothings just the science log, what's problem in this. Herr Crimeo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.