On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, Rainstorm440 said:

I cant do anything. I'm trying to go to mars, but once I leave kerbin SOI all the sudden I'm in an ecounter with that thing orbiting kerbol very far away.

I am sorry that you are having problems with RSS Extrasolar. Do you have RSS, Kopernicus and Module Manager installed? If so, there is not anything I can really do to help you. Unfortunately, due to the massive distances used in this mod, the mod can be super glitchy for certain people. If I ever find out a way to solve this problem, I'll let you know.

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

I wanted to point out that the Real Solar System Extended has resumed development and I wanted to make sure that both mods will continue to play nicely with each other.

RSS Extended

Also I was wondering if it is normal for the Sol system to not be orbiting Sagittarius A?

Cheers,

c4fusion

Edited by c4fusion

1 hour ago, c4fusion said:

I wanted to point out that the Real Solar System Extended has resumed development and I wanted to make sure that both mods will continue to play nicely with each other.

RSS Extended

Also I was wondering if it is normal for the Sol system to not be orbiting Sagittarius A?

Cheers,

c4fusion

Sol System: orbiting the Galaxy, not Sagittarius A* itself.

Edited by Hypercosmic

1 hour ago, Hypercosmic said:

Sol System: orbiting the Galaxy, not Sagittarius A* itself.

I meant inside his mod.  Btw the sun does orbit Sagittarius A* not the galaxy, the same way that we orbit the sun not the solar system. :)

Nvm, i figured out your your setup, I took a look at your config file and it matched what I was seeing.  So are you eventually going to move everything to orbit Sagittarius A*?  You could probably do it with module manager.

P.S. I say you should do Gliese 876 next.  Huge fan of red dwarf systems.

Cheers,

c4fusion

3 hours ago, c4fusion said:

I meant inside his mod.  Btw the sun does orbit Sagittarius A* not the galaxy, the same way that we orbit the sun not the solar system. :)

Nvm, i figured out your your setup, I took a look at your config file and it matched what I was seeing.  So are you eventually going to move everything to orbit Sagittarius A*?  You could probably do it with module manager.

P.S. I say you should do Gliese 876 next.  Huge fan of red dwarf systems.

Cheers,

c4fusion

I put an object 25,000 light years away from Sagittarius A* and it orbit that tiny black hole in 30.3 Gyrs. With an object with 1 milky way mass, This object completes its orbit in 82.5 Myrs. The sun does orbiting the center of mass of Milky Way. Notice the different from real: it's the outer stars pulling the sun away, so it orbits longer.

Artist's_impression_of_the_Milky_Way_(up

This picture might explain all. Feel free to ask.

For the next system, I support both my idea (nearest stars) and those tiny, easy to navigate red dwarfs (GJ 876, GJ581, Kapteyn's Star and Wolf 1061)

I believe this mod's going to be "The Galaxy" mod soon. :D

I guess I'll need a wormhole to those system...

Edited by Hypercosmic

On 06.05.2016 at 0:40 PM, Rainstorm440 said:

I cant do anything. I'm trying to go to mars, but once I leave kerbin SOI all the sudden I'm in an ecounter with that thing orbiting kerbol very far away.

It looks like i have the same problem and it makes me very sad.

Deleting this mod ruining all crafts and kerbonauts in save.

Seems that now i need to return all kerbals to Earth before BigWipeByModDelete and then spend some time to build back my space infrastructure...

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:35 PM, c4fusion said:

RSS Extended

Cheers,

c4fusion

Yeah its normal like you said. When I try to have the Sun orbit Sagittarius A* it makes the mod even more unstable than it already is.

4 minutes ago, JtHermit said:

It looks like i have the same problem and it makes me very sad.

Deleting this mod ruining all crafts and kerbonauts in save.

Seems that now i need to return all kerbals to Earth before BigWipeByModDelete and then spend some time to build back my space infrastructure...

I'm super sorry. I am aware how unstable this mod is, but it has more to do with Kerbal Space Program than with RSS Extrasolar. If you are looking for something similar, you can try out my other mod?

1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I'm super sorry. I am aware how unstable this mod is, but it has more to do with Kerbal Space Program than with RSS Extrasolar. If you are looking for something similar, you can try out my other mod?

It's ok, i understand it.

Just one little question before i delete the mod again: Is it normal that Sun, HD10180 and Tau Ceti has exactly equal "sphereOfInfluence" and "hillSphere" parameters in mod configs?

I thought, that new stars sping around the "galaxy center" that, in its turn, spin around the Sun. I was wrong?

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, i found a temporary sollution for my problem by deleting one config: SunSOI.cfg

Dont know how it affects external solar systems, but it recovers Solar system to normal state.

UPD: Not working. Works only once after starting ksp. Next created maneuver node with the same parameters makes a track out from Solar SOI.

UPD2: Tried to run KSP excluding different mods. I had gone through every combination without any effect. Started new sandbox game — same problem. Likely the issue is not in a mods combination.

Edited by JtHermit
Update

6 hours ago, JtHermit said:

It's ok, i understand it.

Just one little question before i delete the mod again: Is it normal that Sun, HD10180 and Tau Ceti has exactly equal "sphereOfInfluence" and "hillSphere" parameters in mod configs?

I thought, that new stars sping around the "galaxy center" that, in its turn, spin around the Sun. I was wrong?

Yes all of that is normal and as it should be.

On 5/14/2016 at 10:59 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yeah its normal like you said. When I try to have the Sun orbit Sagittarius A* it makes the mod even more unstable than it already is.

I found a mod that convert an original sun into a black hole, then move the Kerbol system into the orbit around it.

I think you can do the same, and you can fix the outdated textures (like Pluto and Charon).

On 5/16/2016 at 11:20 AM, Hypercosmic said:

I found a mod that convert an original sun into a black hole, then move the Kerbol system into the orbit around it.

I think you can do the same, and you can fix the outdated textures (like Pluto and Charon).

I have tried exactly what they do in that mod and it's still very unstable.

On 19 พฤษภาคม 2559 at 2:57 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I have tried exactly what they do in that mod and it's still very unstable.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should start my own mod sometimes, after I am able to escape this f'n delta-v limit on Earth!

On 24 พฤษภาคม 2559 at 4:22 AM, saturnsrings said:

We should also have...

J1407, WASP 12, Kepler 22, Gliese 581, HD 100546, GQ Lup, WASP 17, 55 Cnc, Algol, Castor, Alpha Centari, Sirius, 30 Ari, and UY SCUTI!!!

Note: This is not loads and loads of planet mod, but is focused on details.

I cheer for Alpha Centauri, Gliese 581, Copernicus and Kepler-22 though.

Also, J1407b's rings are too large for it to show up properly.

Edited by Hypercosmic

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I would like to add KSPI resource collection support for RSS extrasolar.  Could you please declare the  chemical composition all the planets/moon with an atmosphere . It doesn;t have to be highly specified, saying venus, duna or saturn like will be enough for me. This should allow players to refuel propellant and fuel from extrasolar planet and moons

Edited by FreeThinker

I noticed in the description for HD 10180c that it cannot have a moon. So, I decided to see whether or not the 7 confirmed planets of HD 10180 have Hills Spheres large enough for moons. Here are the values after a lot of number-crunching:

• Planet b: 35,587.1318 km (Too Small)
  • Planet c: 220,691.44 km (May have 1 small moon)
  • Planet d: 429,236.76 km (Good)
  • Planet e: 1,156,005.208 km (At least 2 moons)
  • Planet f: 2,078,935.5104 km (More than 3 major moons)
  • Planet g: 5,752.331.303 km (1 ocean moon, many intermediate/small moons)
  • Planet h: 20,630,842.1927 km (HOLY #%&$!)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, FreeThinker said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I would like to add KSPI resource collection support for RSS extrasolar.  Could you please declare the  chemical composition all the planets/moon with an atmosphere . It doesn;t have to be highly specified, saying venus, duna or saturn like will be enough for me. This should allow players to refuel propellant and fuel from extrasolar planet and moons

Sorry for the very late response. I decided to take a break from Kerbal Space Program for a while. Anyways, Thank you for your interest in adding compatibility between RSS Extrasolar and KSPI. It is greatly appreciated. I will send you a message with all of the chemical compositions in a little bit.

Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Sorry for the very late response. I decided to take a break from Kerbal Space Program for a while. Anyways, Thank you for your interest in adding compatibility between RSS Extrasolar and KSPI. It is greatly appreciated. I will send you a message with all of the chemical compositions in a little bit.

Great. Note that I'm also working on adding customised resource to Biomes/Planets. If you have some specific idea about the geological composition of your planets and moon it would also be welcome.

Just a small little heads up: Sagittarius A* will be removed from the mod in the next update. Its been causing loads of problems with SOI changes and such. Instead, I will change it to be a more heliocentric Universe; all of the stars will orbit around the Sun. Not only does that make it easier for me to position the stars in the right place, it also makes the mod actually work properly. I'm sorry to those who got this mod only to find out it made the game nearly unplayable with all of the messed up SOI-related things. I've gotten back into KSP though, so the next update should come out soon. Lots of new planets and cool goodies are coming!

1 hour ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Just a small little heads up: Sagittarius A* will be removed from the mod in the next update. Its been causing loads of problems with SOI changes and such. Instead, I will change it to be a more heliocentric Universe; all of the stars will orbit around the Sun. Not only does that make it easier for me to position the stars in the right place, it also makes the mod actually work properly. I'm sorry to those who got this mod only to find out it made the game nearly unplayable with all of the messed up SOI-related things. I've gotten back into KSP though, so the next update should come out soon. Lots of new planets and cool goodies are coming!

What system are you adding next? And will there be any exomoons in the next update?