Just now, Iso-Polaris said:

As for the temperature problem... I think Polaris and Sirius also have those problem.

My stations are 400k hotter when I have them installed.(temperature data comes from critical temperature gauge mod)

Alright thank you.

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (February 25, 2017)

Just a simple hotfix for some issues relating to overheating and extreme star luminosities.

EDIT: For those who want to only download the fixed files (Tyler Raiz) Here are the download links for the fixed files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XVWlBTDlubDRTc3M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XdmtyQVBxYVItU2c

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XbU9qUDllYlpHY1k

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

On 2017/2/26 at 0:49 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (February 25, 2017)

Just a simple hotfix for some issues relating to overheating and extreme star luminosities.

EDIT: For those who want to only download the fixed files (Tyler Raiz) Here are the download links for the fixed files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XVWlBTDlubDRTc3M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XdmtyQVBxYVItU2c

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XbU9qUDllYlpHY1k

Thats wired. I installed ursa major the heating problem still exist...sort of.

The strange thing is that my spacecraft skin temperature will be heated by sun to over 600k in low earth orbit while it will stay at about 350k in orbit between mercury and Venus orbit. (More overheating in low Jupiter orbit)

Bigger planet, more overheating , no matter how far away from the sun.

Confirmed caused by Constallations

Somehow those stars with planet(s) cause less overheating problem(not sure)

Edited by Iso-Polaris

53 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Thats wired. I installed ursa major the heating problem still exist...sort of.

The strange thing is that my spacecraft skin temperature will be heated by sun to over 600k in low earth orbit while it will stay at about 350k in orbit between mercury and Venus orbit. (More overheating in low Jupiter orbit)

Bigger planet, more overheating , no matter how far away from the sun.

Confirmed caused by Constallations

Somehow those stars with planet(s) cause less overheating problem(not sure)

That's strange. It fixed it for me. However, it has nothing to do with the size of the planet. In that case, Earth would be producing more heat than Mercury and Venus, which you said is not the case. I am right now at school, so I don't have the time to deal with this at the moment.

1 hour ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I never said that. Earth DO produce more heat than Mercury when RSS constellation is installed.

And of course Jupiter produce more heat than Earth

Oh sorry misread what you wrote :P

Either way, it has nothing to do with the size of the planet. The reason why you are experiencing more or less heat at those specified planets is because of the distance between you and whatever star(s) are producing an excessive amount of heat. The farther out you are from the Sun, the closer you are to the stars. I'm sure if you were to see how much heat you are getting around Saturn, Uranus, Neptune or Pluto, the heating would be greater than the five planets below it.

1 hour ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Oh sorry misread what you wrote :P

Either way, it has nothing to do with the size of the planet. The reason why you are experiencing more or less heat at those specified planets is because of the distance between you and whatever star(s) are producing an excessive amount of heat. The farther out you are from the Sun, the closer you are to the stars. I'm sure if you were to see how much heat you are getting around Saturn, Uranus, Neptune or Pluto, the heating would be greater than the five planets below it.

Pluto has less mass ..... I move one of my craft into Pluto orbit. No significant overheating

@Iso-Polaris Seeing as there seems to be a lot of problems happening with Release 4 of Kopernicus, just use Release 2 instead. I don't think this an issue in that version of Kopernicus. Constellations should work fine with that version of Kopernicus as well. I am looking to find a solution for this problem and will get back to you when this is solved.

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (March 4, 2017)

I spent a lot of time working on this update, so I hope you all enjoy it. I have finally finished up the Gliese 3293 and 82 G. Eridani Systems. Gliese 3293 c is a massive ocean planet, 82 G. Eridani c and d are both desert planets. Here is the full change list

• Removed Ursa Major
  • Further tweaked luminosities
  • New terrain textures for Proxima Centauri b curtesy of @Galileo
  • New sun flares curtesy of @BlueSubstance
  • Fixed issue with atmospheric pressures not displaying correctly
  • Added the Helix Nebula
  • Improved Tau Ceti b
  • Removed texture stretching at poles
  • Added planets 82 G. Eridani c and d
  • Added planet Gliese 3293 c
  • Blue-ified Wolf 1061 c and Proxima Centauri b
  • Improved Tau Ceti c texture

This mod is amazing. Thanking you so much for making this mod.:DIt would be fun to do "science" inside different systems with kerbals(Muhahaha).

This mod actually could work with the stock kerbol system, just need to replace "Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]" with "Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]".:)

However, the scales are still there(most of the planets are bigger than Jool), that means if your ship was built and tested inside the stock system, you may need to test them inside other system by hyperedit, also communication is not easy due to the long distance.

Also, in some versions of KSP, the game won't accept the folders with any space, so sometimes the names need to be change from "XXX XXX" to "XXX_XXX" or ""XXX-XXX" (not only the names of the folders but also the names of the documents).

But still, playing this mod with the stock system may bring stability problems, so it's still better to play this mod with RSS. (I am trying to merge stock system with RSS but I found that so hard:confused::confused:).

On 3/7/2017 at 7:46 PM, Zang Jay said:

This mod is amazing. Thanking you so much for making this mod.:DIt would be fun to do "science" inside different systems with kerbals(Muhahaha).

This mod actually could work with the stock kerbol system, just need to replace "Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]" with "Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]".:)

However, the scales are still there(most of the planets are bigger than Jool), that means if your ship was built and tested inside the stock system, you may need to test them inside other system by hyperedit, also communication is not easy due to the long distance.

Also, in some versions of KSP, the game won't accept the folders with any space, so sometimes the names need to be change from "XXX XXX" to "XXX_XXX" or ""XXX-XXX" (not only the names of the folders but also the names of the documents).

But still, playing this mod with the stock system may bring stability problems, so it's still better to play this mod with RSS. (I am trying to merge stock system with RSS but I found that so hard:confused::confused:).

Thank you! I'm working on a stock compatible version of Constellations. In fact, after I get the Gliese 667 and TRAPPIST-1 Systems done with, the next big update will bring stock compatibility. It's just a matter of messing with SigmaDimensions to see if I get rescaling to only apply to my planets.

12 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

TRAPPIST-1 System

Sorry, but...I already beat you to it. I made it for IA-Revived. But I'm looking forward to seeing how your even more realistic replica of the system comes out :) 

52 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Sorry, but...I already beat you to it. I made it for IA-Revived. But I'm looking forward to seeing how your even more realistic replica of the system comes out :) 

I think every other multi-planetary system mod has already beat me to it. :D

On 9-3-2017 at 0:46 AM, ProtoJeb21 said:

On 9-3-2017 at 1:39 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I think every other multi-planetary system mod has already beat me to it. :D

I think diversity is a good thing, we might learn something form each other :wink:

Edited by FreeThinker

50 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Soon. Got any interesting ideas for any of its planets?

d and e a terras, and f and g are water worlds (Just water, make g green btw :) )

b is a lava world, c is a desert, and h is a hoth like world.

Not detailed I know, but it's getting late :P

15 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

d and e a terras, and f and g are water worlds (Just water, make g green btw :) )

b is a lava world, c is a desert, and h is a hoth like world.

Not detailed I know, but it's getting late :P

1 hour ago, KerbalMan23 said:

Maybe like 3 of the 7 planets could have water and 1 of them could have trees and grass.

Thanks. Now I got my gears turning.

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures @FreeThinker

They may not be, at least the habitable ones, since they orbit so closely, they likely have spin orbit resonances.

Also, they should have huge aurora.

Large moons might also prevent gravitational locking to the sun, they would therefore make a planet more habitable

Edited by FreeThinker

24 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Large moons might also prevent gravitational locking to the sun, they would therefore make a planet more habitable

At their closest approaches, they're only a few Earth-Moon distances from each other, so they can't have Moons, at least no large ones so that would only work if the planets were farther apart, and orbited a larger star.

But since the planets orbit so close, it has similar effects.