6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures if I point at a star and escapes the sphere of influence of the sun, but I am not going at 4% the speed of light, will I eventually get to that star or not? Also do you think NFT is sufficient to reach another star using this? 

Yeah, as long as you are going at escape velocity, you should be good. However, you probably want to be going at least 1% the speed of light so it doesn't take forever, and I'm not sure if NFT can accomplish that.

20 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

This is super interesting and very tempting. Could you do like Kerbol system and divide the systems into different packs so that people could choose which star systems we want included? That way our pcs don't die 

Yes I could do that. Would it be better to have all of the packs within one download or would it be better to give them separate downloads? Was actually planning on doing this soon, but KSP and steam are just giving me problems

EDIT: Oh and thank you for spamming my notifications :D

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

It would be best if you had it seperated so that we can choose which systems we want included, but it wouldn't hurt to have one download called complete that has all systems together. Do you think this mod would break kerbalism? I'm interested in launching a massive ship with kerbals deep frozen on a hundred plus year colonization mission, going from one system to the next, setting up bases etc. Do you have asteroids in each system? As does would be crucial to my plan. Also does this mod work with the reosurces of NFT and Kerbalism? Would CRP add them in to each planet?

Do you know of a mod that allows you to spawn kerbals in a base? That is, give birth to em?

6 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

It would be best if you had it seperated so that we can choose which systems we want included, but it wouldn't hurt to have one download called complete that has all systems together. Do you think this mod would break kerbalism? I'm interested in launching a massive ship with kerbals deep frozen on a hundred plus year colonization mission, going from one system to the next, setting up bases etc. Do you have asteroids in each system? As does would be crucial to my plan. Also does this mod work with the reosurces of NFT and Kerbalism? Would CRP add them in to each planet?

I don't think it would break Kerbalism, but I haven't actually tried it out. I can tell you I haven't added any comparability with it yet, so there would not be any magnetic fields for the exoplanets. There are no asteroid belts for the stars yet, but that'll likely come whenever KSP wants to start working with me. There are CRP configs for all of the planets, so you should be settled there.

This would really excite me, it'd be a bunch of stuff I've never done rammed in one. I've never done a proper interstellar mission, never built a surface base, never used keridian dynamics on a mission, never used KAS n KIS on a mission, never built a massive mother ship that's designed to detach components to make a space station and is also able to build replacement parts in orbit, never done a mission on this scale. I am completely terrified and excited, because of the size of planning I'm gonna have to do to accomplish this mission. 

Not asteroid belts, just asteroids floating around the planetary systems. That would help solve a ton of my problems, making me not need to land on a body to replenish supplies and to rebuild. Also great work. I will definitely test out tons of parts before Launch the mission. I'm not gonna get into KSP until May 18, college exams 

22 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

This would really excite me, it'd be a bunch of stuff I've never done rammed in one. I've never done a proper interstellar mission, never built a surface base, never used keridian dynamics on a mission, never used KAS n KIS on a mission, never built a massive mother ship that's designed to detach components to make a space station and is also able to build replacement parts in orbit, never done a mission on this scale. I am completely terrified and excited, because of the size of planning I'm gonna have to do to accomplish this mission. 

Not asteroid belts, just asteroids floating around the planetary systems. That would help solve a ton of my problems, making me not need to land on a body to replenish supplies and to rebuild. Also great work. I will definitely test out tons of parts before Launch the mission. I'm not gonna get into KSP until May 18, college exams 

Well I'm glad you're excited!

Hey man, LOVE the mod, I took a look at it and I mean, it's superb, just like in the pics. Could you add in a star map, either in the mod of here, so that players can see the distances between each star and Earth as well as which stars have planets, which ones have terrestrial planets and which may be habitable. Also if there was a way to use telescopes or one of the telescopes mods to detect which stars have planets. This would add a lot to gameplay and enable me to properly chart the course for my ship when I head from star to star colonizing. 

All these stars are yours except TRAPPIST-1, make no attempt to visit there.

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

One last question, how do I know if I'll encounter the star system?

Your nav ball will stop spinning like mad

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Ok so I landed on Proxima B, I found a few bugs. My Kerbal was partially underground. Also in orbit, the scanner isn't adjusted for the larger scale of the game and says I need to be even lover to scan.

I wonder how did you get there

Edited by FreeThinker

19 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Hey man, LOVE the mod, I took a look at it and I mean, it's superb, just like in the pics. Could you add in a star map, either in the mod of here, so that players can see the distances between each star and Earth as well as which stars have planets, which ones have terrestrial planets and which may be habitable. Also if there was a way to use telescopes or one of the telescopes mods to detect which stars have planets. This would add a lot to gameplay and enable me to properly chart the course for my ship when I head from star to star colonizing. 

All these stars are yours except TRAPPIST-1, make no attempt to visit there.

Yeah I could do that while I'm waiting to get KSP to start working for me. I have added ResearchBodies support, which does what you are talking about with discovering exoplanets using telescopes.

Ok so I landed on Proxima B, I found a few bugs. My Kerbal was partially underground. Also in orbit, the scanner isn't adjusted for the larger scale of the game and says I need to be even lover to scan.

I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but I'll look around and ask some people if they know why this happens. I do need to add scansat support as well. As it stands, this is what the next update will add:

-Any further compatability needed for the latest dev build of ResearchBodies

-Custom Asteroids support

-Fix Kepler-1229b's messed up oceans

-Kerbalism support

-Try to fix going through terrain

7 hours ago, Hypercosmic said:

I want NASA-style textures for my TRAPPIST-1 planetary system project in another game ._.

NASA/Caltech has actually released the textures for the TRAPPIST-1 planets

https://informal.jpl.nasa.gov/museum/content/trappist-1-exoplanet-surfaces-noaa-science-sphere

I will likely use these textures for the TRAPPIST-1 system, seeing as they've become so popular and familiar. It looks like the textures can be used freely, but I'll obviously never claim that those textures are mine when I add them into Constellations. So happy I found these!

Should I use those textures, or should I keep the stock solar system textures?

You should use the stock, there's another mod called TRAPPIST-1 which is based purely for that system

To be able to do this scale of colonization, I am going to ask around on the KSP FB page for people who are willing to work on it. To design the landers, cargo, choose the mods and prepare to launch

You should use the stock, there's another mod called TRAPPIST-1 which is based purely for that system

Oooohhh but it's so tempting!

Here, I'll do two different versions of TRAPPIST-1. One with the NASA textures and one with the stock textures. How about that?

Also in orbit, the scanner isn't adjusted for the larger scale of the game and says I need to be even lover to scan.

Strange, doesn't RSS already change the scale?

9 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

If I can't get manufacturer's, and a proper drive, looks like the Icarus Initiative will be stuck in Galileo's system, or worse, RSS :( 

Can't get a proper drive? You can make a pretty fast spacecraft if you use KSPIE.

I don't want to use KSPIE

Sigh, I may, butI'd have to delete all other parts

Or you could use a nuclear pulse engine. That could work. There are a couple of mods out there that add nuclear pulse engines.

19 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Or you could use a nuclear pulse engine. That could work. There are a couple of mods out there that add nuclear pulse engines.

Highly recommend RoverDude's Orion drive @The-Doctor. But if you don't want that, you could try Near future tech.

1 minute ago, The-Doctor said:

It takes hours of acceleration to get up to speed tho. Anyway to use physical time warp to go faster?

Press the Alt key before you timewarp, then you can go up to 4x time accelerate and still have the engines on, I think you still have to keep your finger on the Alt key however.

I think there are some mods for that but I'm not sure, you could also leave it at normal time and read a book or use the bathroom or something :D