Added additional support for KSP Constellations by special request of @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I have added a MM script to KSPI-E 1.11.11 and up which will increase the range of it transmitter by a factor of 1000, allowing up to 10 light year data transmission. (extendable by scaling up with tweakscale). Note that I have not verified it. I would appreciate if someone did, and report back to me.

Edited by FreeThinker

16 hours ago, jimey7 said:
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:27 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

help i dont know how to use this website :( also I cant load into a game it just keeps loading and wont let me in the world :(

I'd love to help you, but you're going to have to going to have to give me more information than that. Constellations is a very hefty mod, so just wait a little bit and depending on how many additional mods you have downloaded, the game should load within 10 minutes. Also make sure you have installed all of your mod's properly and ensure that you have installed all dependencies, or mods that other mods require. For installing Constellations, simply navigate to following file directory: (Wherever you have the .zip file located)\Constellations_The_RSS_Star_Pack-1.4.2.zip\GameData\Constellations. Take that folder and copy and paste it into KSP's GameData folder.

I don't know exactly the problem you are having, but hopefully that will help.

As for you not understanding this website, this might help you.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (January 1, 2017)

This is a pretty minor update, but I did release Constellations Visual Overhaul, which will vastly increase the visual quality of Constellations, and can be downloaded here. Below are the changes made to Constellations.

• Changed size of Tau Ceti c's rings
  • Improved Atmospheric Gradients for terrestrial planets
  • Blue-ified Wolf 1061 c
  • Brightened Wolf 1061 b

On 18-3-2016 at 9:40 AM, mark7 said:

Well……If I get it right, HD10180 is 127 lightyears away, and even your ship travels at the speed of light, it will take 127 years. ( Alright I know relativities didnt work in KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM)

Actually KSPI-E Deadalus Inertial Fusion Engine does take relativity into account from an outsider (rest 0) perspective. It's actually the main force that makes traveling even near the speed of light, near impossible.

Edited by FreeThinker

Working on giving the HD 10180 system a much needed face-lift in terms of the gas giants. Here is my work so far on HD 10180 g and HD 10180 c:

hGr0HNo.png

wGEDKsY.png

I'm very happy with how HD 10180 g turned out, but HD 10180 c may need some tweaking, seeing as the texture looks a little too similar to HD 10180 g.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:44 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Working on giving the HD 10180 system a much needed face-lift in terms of the gas giants. Here is my work so far on HD 10180 g and HD 10180 c:

hGr0HNo.png

wGEDKsY.png

I'm very happy with how HD 10180 g turned out, but HD 10180 c may need some tweaking, seeing as the texture looks a little too similar to HD 10180 g.

I'll take a look and see what I can do.

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (January 6, 2017)

The gas planets needed some love, so I retextured all of the gas planets, instead of using the placeholder Space Engine textures. I also greatly improved Tau Ceti e's textures, which were pretty lackluster in comparison to the other rocky planets in this mod. This isn't much of a change to the mod, but I simplified the name of the mod from "Constellations: The RSS Star Pack" to simply "RSS Constellations." Here is a list of everything that has been added:

• Changed size of HD 10180 h's rings
  • Overhauled gas planet textures
  • Overhauled Tau Ceti e's textures
  • Redid some descriptions
  • Fixed specularity making gas planets appear too bright.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:55 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I'd love to help you, but you're going to have to going to have to give me more information than that. Constellations is a very hefty mod, so just wait a little bit and depending on how many additional mods you have downloaded, the game should load within 10 minutes. Also make sure you have installed all of your mod's properly and ensure that you have installed all dependencies, or mods that other mods require. For installing Constellations, simply navigate to following file directory: (Wherever you have the .zip file located)\Constellations_The_RSS_Star_Pack-1.4.2.zip\GameData\Constellations. Take that folder and copy and paste it into KSP's GameData folder.

I don't know exactly the problem you are having, but hopefully that will help.

As for you not understanding this website, this might help you.

thanks the link was very helpful and i figured out the problem with it i reinstalled it and it started working.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, That_Other_Guy said:

Is this compatible with stock sized real solar system?

No it is not. I'd have to rewrite the first line of every config, replacing RealSolarSystem with SSRSS in this line of code: "@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]." I might make some optional configs that work with SSRSS in the future. For now, however, you can't play RSS Constellations with SSRSS. 

15 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

This is on my later to play list for sure, it looks beautiful 

Well thank you for the compliment! I have some scatterer configs ready for when the experimental version of scatterer is finally released.

On 14/01/2017 at 1:41 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

No it is not. I'd have to rewrite the first line of every config, replacing RealSolarSystem with SSRSS in this line of code: "@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]." I might make some optional configs that work with SSRSS in the future. For now, however, you can't play RSS Constellations with SSRSS. 

Hmmm, I am playing RSS Constellations with SSRSS and every thing seems fine.. the stars and extra planets are there.. haven't been to any yet. Any idea what problems I should expect?

15 hours ago, Juanri17 said:

I don't have a computer that can run the game, much less all of the mods, so i was wondering if someone could start a series of at least a review

As @FreeThinker said, Tyler Raiz has a twitch series using this mod Interstellar Extended, and Realism Overhaul. I've watched both live-streams of it. It's pretty good!

18 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Someone made an RSS Constallations Youtube series Including KSPIE tech

7 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

As @FreeThinker said, Tyler Raiz has a twitch series using this mod Interstellar Extended, and Realism Overhaul. I've watched both live-streams of it. It's pretty good!

Thanks for helping out. Now I can really get a scale of the mod and I have to say wow it is big.

P.S. I had to make a new account because I forgot my password and I am having problems with my email so NEW ACCOUNT

49 minutes ago, Juanri17 2.0 said:

Thanks for helping out. Now I can really get a scale of the mod and I have to say wow it is big.

P.S. I had to make a new account because I forgot my password and I am having problems with my email so NEW ACCOUNT

Although it looks big, I've divided all of the distances to the stars by 10, so our real universe is even bigger :o Really makes you appreciate the scale of our Universe a little more doesn't it? I've been watching the streams so I can help if there are any problems or questions Tyler has about the Constellations while he is streaming, so I'll be looking for you in the chat! :)

13 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Hey, I got a request, dunno if you are willing to do it, but can you add planets to Alpha Centauri? With the gas giant and moon Pandora. :D I wanna play this when Mother is out and make the Venture Star

I'm only putting planets that we have discovered. We haven't discovered any planets around Alpha Centauri yet, so I will not add any until we actually find some. I might add an optional expansion for Constellations that adds hypothetical exomoons. Right now I need to work on scatterer configs. Scatterer just changed a bunch, so all of the configs I had made don't work anymore. ;.;

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Appears to me Methane.cfg isn't correctly defined as it redefines Kerbonite

hHXTgEj.png

I landed on Proxima Centauri and Noticed some weird effect on the surface when zoomed in.

Also the ground is featureless, it was impossible for me to see the surface.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Appears to me Methane.cfg isn't correctly defined as it redefines Kerbonite

hHXTgEj.png

I landed on Proxima Centauri and Noticed some weird effect on the surface when zoomed in.

Also the ground is featureless, it was impossible for me to see the surface.

I'm not sure what you mean by the methane not being correctly defined. Incorrectly defined in what way?

As for the strange effect when zooming in, that's normal and to my knowledge unavoidable. What you are seeing below the surface is water. The featureless surface is probably due to Proxima Centauri b having a dark green texture, making it difficult to make out surface details when you land. I will brighten up Proxima Centauri b a little so that problem doesn't occur.

I think it is important to note, I'm more focusing on the planets from a far, as most people will likely not even be able to land on Proxima Centauri as it would require a pretty hefty spacecraft. Once @amarius1 gets the time, things relating to the surface will be sorted out hopefully.