Windows Crash caused by KSP

Hello.

I quiet often experience a severe issue with KSP when the whole system crashes and reboots. It usually happens when a craft gets destroyed by any force - be it aerodynamic stress or simply falling off the launch pad - the game stutters or freezes and CPU usage jumps up to 100%, then blue screen appears saying something like "System thread exception not handled" and windows reboots. No crash reports are left in KSP directory after that. Here are the logs of my game before the latest crash:

KSP_log

output_log

My specs: ASUS laptop, Windows 8 x64, i5-3230M 2.6GHz, 6Gb of RAM, video card = NVIDIA GeForce GT740M, driver version - 364.51 (although I had this problem with previous versions of driver too, and updating it doesn't help).
KSP 1.0.5.1028, x32,  OpenGL forced (had this in dx9 as well)
List of mods:

Spoiler

7g0uiAI.png

I should also point out that sometimes destroying a craft doesn't cause a crash right away - the game freezes, the CPU usage goes up to 100% but then everything is OK again. Is it normal behavior or is something wrong in my install?

Edited by Paul_Sawyer

With the mods you have installed, I'd guess you are hitting the RAM ceiling, AND most likely youre hitting the temp threshold on your CPU (in other words, youre cooking your CPU)... KSP is certainly one of those programs that can literally be a computer-killer... I would NOT attempt to play KSP anymore until you dump some of those mods... Specifically the graphics mods...

I would definately dump Scatterer. I have a laptop with specs VERY close to yours, and I cant even run Scatterer on a lightly modded install, much less attempt it with some of the huge parts packs YOU have installed...

I would then take a look at removing TextureReplacer and PlanetShine... I have never used them, so I dont know how resource intensive they are... I just know with laptops with the specs like ours, graphics mods are a no-no, unless maybe on completely stock installs...

Also, I see you have UbioZur installed.... Be VERY careful with that... If you use it on parts like engines, RCS, or anything that has animations, or MODULEs in the .cfgs, your game can choke on those, as well... (It shouldnt cause the CTDs youre getting, but in THIS case, it could be a contributing factor.. ) ... Dont worry too much about this right now, as you have bigger fish to fry, but its something to think about when you get a stable install going...

Also, do you have any extra cooling you use with your laptop?... I wont/cant play KSP without having my Thermaltake Massive23 GT cooling fan going full blast... And then I STILL have to be careful, because my CPU temps STILL push 90-95°C... I really shouldnt even be playing this way... but thats KSP addiction for you...

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue I'm well aware of the fact, that this laptop is not for KSP and especially not for heavily modded KSP (you said that - addiction...), but what I'm more concerned about here is whether it is normal that multiple structural failures between parts cause CPU to overload like crazy. Have you ever seen anything like this on your system?
If it is normal, then overheat is a good guess. I will keep an eye on CPU temperatures from now on, to see if it's the case.

Edited by Paul_Sawyer

@Paul_Sawyer Well, the first thing I would do, is check any crash logs you get (error.log & output_log.txt, both in the dated crash report folder)... At the top of one of them, it will tell you whether you are hitting your RAM ceiling or not... If you are, THAT should be addressed first, i would think... And if thats the case, again, i would look at dumping the graphics mods...

If your computer is actually crashing and rebooting, and NOT just KSP crashing to the desktop, then you're looking at a more serious issue than just some issues interrupting your KSP game... Your talking possible OS issues, or hardware issues... Yes, KSP may be triggering it, but you should address THOSE issues before trying to stabilize your current KSP install as it is...

As to figuring out structural failures and CPU spikes, I guess check your KSP.log and your output_log.txt in the KSP_Data folder... I dont really know how to read the logs, but in the KSP.log, look for, obviously, ERR, EXC, & WRN lines... I believe the KSP.log is for showing what happens during the game loading... The output_log is moer detailed, and covers things that happen in-game as well...

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue To clarify: this is not memory related. I have GCMonitor and see memory usage in real time so to say, and at the moment of crash I've described it was under the limit. As of logs - only error I can see there, that refers to a craft that exploded, is this:

[ERR 18:40:56.147] Destroying object multiple times. Don't use DestroyImmediate on the same object in OnDisable or OnDestroy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.