Gilly Scrapwagon

It is 2018 on Kerbin and space travel is all the rage, but the planet Kerbin has reached a predicament, they have mined out almost all usable resources needed to make space craft. And due to debris exploding, crashing into Jool or being stuck in a ridiculously bizarre Kerboliocentric orbit they can't get much for salvage. They have already scrapped everything in orbit and salvaged the most they could from interplanetary bases. However there is still hope, on the recent mission to Eeloo named "PARTY BUS Mk 50" they met a strange race of creatures whom they invited aboard for drinks. They exchanged phone numbers and departed. Right now on Kerbin Jeb has phoned the aliens and outlined their predicament, they can't get ore back from other planets because they cant reach their interplanetary bases. And the aliens agree to help, on the condition that they land on Gilly and return. Jeb asks them why they can't just help out a friend and the aliens just respond with a vague gurgling sound before hanging up. 

The KSP has now decided their obvious course of action, build the lightest, cheapest craft to be able go to gilly, land and then return. Or else they'll just have to settle with kerbin.

Rules

1 Any form of craft is allowed, space plane, rocket or something that I haven't even heard of.

2. Any method of control is considered fine, except for command seats.

3. Must be a single launch.

4. Mechjeb is allowed

All mods except for hyper edit and part mods are allowed

Scoring

Everyone starts with 10 points, just as in golf the lowest score wins, yes negative scores are possible 

Score= (10+Weight of craft at launch(in tons)+(Price/1000))-(Bonus points.)

Bonus opportunities. 

Kerbifest destiny: Do the mission manned, conserve that weight to make room for your kerbal!

20 points 

Nuclear option: Use NERV engines to transit to gilly or to transit back, conserve weight elsewhere.

30 points 

Prehistoric: Use a mammoth engine to help you escape the atmosphere, slim down everything else.

250 points.

Horned beast: Use a Rhino engine to assist your escape from the atmosphere, slim down everything else. 

150 points.

Aerodynamic:

Do not utilize parachutes for reentry, conserve weight to pack room for a slow down stage.

50 points.

Techno-phobia: Do not utilize mechjeb. 

50 points.

Electrophobia: Do not utilize ion engines.

30 points 

Vertabrate: Do not utilize spider or ant engines.

30 points 

Huff-Puff: Do not utilize Puff mono propellant engines 

30 points.

Twitchy: Do not utilize twitch engines.

30 points

Sparky: Do not utilize spark engines.

20 points

Aerophobia: Do not utilize air breathing engines

100 points.

More to come.

SCOREBOARD

None so far... Will you be the first?

Edited by The Space Core
Added new challenges

12 minutes ago, godefroi said:

It'd need to be a big bonus, jets can bring the launch mass down by many tons...

yah i hate those things ;)

Is the scoring cost/1000 or something?  Otherwise the other factors aren't going to much affect the result (maybe this is the desired effect)

Edit:  Also, can you clarify which bonus point value goes with which attribute?  I count 8 attributes but only 7 bonus point values.

Edited by Jasonden

1 hour ago, Jasonden said:

Is the scoring cost/1000 or something?  Otherwise the other factors aren't going to much affect the result (maybe this is the desired effect)

Edit:  Also, can you clarify which bonus point value goes with which attribute?  I count 8 attributes but only 7 bonus point values.

I thought I included the scoring cost/1000 thing XD, daylight savings is rough on me. Same thing with the values, editing OP

1 hour ago, godefroi said:

Is "weight of craft at launch" in tons?

Yep.

1 hour ago, Jasonden said:

how about a bonus for not using those overpowered Jets to bring down your initial launch mass? :)

This one is a good one, editing OP.

Keep in mind I'll eventually make a badge for this, just don't count on it being soon XD.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.