Get. . .All The Science! A Race!

Hello Everybody,

I'm currently working on this so I can't post it as an official challenge yet, but it's an idea that manifested itself a few months ago and I think it will interest most of you.  I'd like to see someone clear every experiment in every situation on every celestial body (except sun and asteroids) in the shortest amount of game time.  Tie breaker is the amount of science points collected upon completion.

I figure this is a test of all aspects of the game.  Running multiple missions simultaneously, grinding out science from each biome, and optimizing transfer windows to minimize transit time.  All this in addition to building craft for all situations.  I'll allow all mods as long as they do not add science experiments or multipliers and somehow manipulate the science earned from experiments.  No interstellar drives or near future tech either.  I can't have someone cutting interplanetary transfer times in half because they downloaded a mod and someone didn't.  Just LFO/ox, Nukes, Ions, etc.  I will allow the K+ torch drive though because if you want to invest the 1 year transit to eeloo to get fuel, by all means do so. Kethane, EPL, FTT, all fair game. Mechjeb too. I think the Hyperedit ban goes without saying. I also think adding Kerbal Alarm Clock also goes without saying

I'm proposing this idea because I want to see all the different styles of play and strategies at work.  I imagine it as an open-spec car race.  I want to see all the infrastructure required to carry out all the missions simultaneously and return the science to kerbin.  I imagine that's the way to maximize points, but feel free to transmit science to finish earlier at the risk of losing to a tie breaker.

Sorry for the wall of text. Now that you have a rough idea of what I want to do, here's how I want everyone to set up the start:

1-Start a science mode game save

2-Manipulate the save file so you have enough science to unlock the whole tech tree and end with 0.  Do this in the first minute of starting the game. (17,250 I think is the number but I'm not sure)

3-Now you have a "Science Sandbox" so to speak.  All parts unlocked, no science points, and experiments left undone on day 1.

4-Go to work launching, building and science-ing.

I'm open to ideas on rule tweaks and restrictions on certain mods.  I'm really trying to leave this as open a challenge as possible while keeping with the spirit and feel of the stock game.  If I'm not making sense and rambling, please tell me haha.

Post progress as you move along too.  Happy Science-ing!

EDIT: I've Created a Google Sheet for everyone to keep track of their experiments easily.  (Much easier than the science archive)  Link Below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dNRPm2XHvCCmHDBEKalWV0zCL1QhaQw7PripvGdRPFQ/edit?usp=sharing

DOUBLE EDIT: I've now posted the starting game save file and my current progress so far because I haven't been documenting before I wrote this "challenge"

Save File (Start) - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx-DYkaNkgbSQko2d014WDF5Yms&usp=sharing

Save File (Mine) - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx-DYkaNkgbSVjZZY1laUkNMTm8&usp=sharing 

Here is the Modlist I'm using.  Sorry it's so long it sort of snowballed as I discovered them. All installed with CKAN except KER:

Active Texture management (Aggressive)
Chatterer
ExtraPlanetary Launchpads
Tweakscale
Kerbal Attachment System
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Kethane
Kerbal Inventory System
Infernal Robotics
MechJeb
Ship Manifest
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Transfer Window Planner
Freight Transport Technologies
KER+MJ for all (Installs Kerbal Eningeer and MJ on all vessels without using the part)
Kerbal Stats

Edited by eelooORbust

Why manipulate the save file? Unlocking the tech tree as quickly as possible is an extra difficulty that makes the challenge that more interesting. Career would be even better, although that would of course introduce an element of luck since many of the contracts are random. But having to work for the money to build the rockets, trying to launch as many simultaneous missions as possible, upgrading the buildings at the optimal time,... now that's a challenge.

2 minutes ago, michelcolman said:

Why manipulate the save file? Unlocking the tech tree as quickly as possible is an extra difficulty that makes the challenge that more interesting. Career would be even better, although that would of course introduce an element of luck since many of the contracts are random. But having to work for the money to build the rockets, trying to launch as many simultaneous missions as possible, upgrading the buildings at the optimal time,... now that's a challenge.

I somehow do not think that an entire career playthrough is suitable for use as a challenge.

Great job on the spreadsheet, reminds me of playing BTSM :) I'm finishing up the Piracy challenge (Bill and Jebs Adventure) but I might be up for giving this one a shot.

Questions:

Just to clarify, perform each experiment once in each biome, or perform each one exhaustively until no more science can be recovered?   Hoping it's once per biome, as diminishing returns make me feel mental.  

Also might want to ban MPL use, as it will very much skew results  I can throw up a chain of sci labs in orbit for unlimited science pretty quickly. Max sci strategy will hinge quite a bit on this.  

Extraplanetary Launchpads may also prove a big game changer, allowing one launch per planet for infrastructure, then spamming close probes.  Bt if that's the kind of variety you are looking for in the challenge, that's fun too.

Kind of excited about this one, but looks like a big time investment and I can't leave Jeb and Bill hanging :)  Soon(tm)

Edit: Any interest in sharing a savegame in the OP, so we all start on the same page?

Edited by Jetski

45 minutes ago, Jetski said:

Great job on the spreadsheet, reminds me of playing BTSM :) I'm finishing up the Piracy challenge (Bill and Jebs Adventure) but I might be up for giving this one a shot.

Questions:

Just to clarify, perform each experiment once in each biome, or perform each one exhaustively until no more science can be recovered?   Hoping it's once per biome, as diminishing returns make me feel mental.  

Also might want to ban MPL use, as it will very much skew results  I can throw up a chain of sci labs in orbit for unlimited science pretty quickly. Max sci strategy will hinge quite a bit on this.  

Extraplanetary Launchpads may also prove a big game changer, allowing one launch per planet for infrastructure, then spamming close probes.  Bt if that's the kind of variety you are looking for in the challenge, that's fun too.

Kind of excited about this one, but looks like a big time investment and I can't leave Jeb and Bill hanging :)  Soon(tm)

Edit: Any interest in sharing a savegame in the OP, so we all start on the same page?

Jetski,

To answer your questions:

Each experiment only once - Diminishing returns would kill me too.

EPL - I want to use it because I want to build and launch my interplanetary vessels from Mun or Minmus Orbit.  I'm pretty open on EPL launches and spamming probes.  You still have to put a kerbal in each situation and biome for a surface sample and EVA. I figure building a launchpad and then building a ton of probes will add more time than it will save.  After all, I proposed this to see the variety in game styles, a "Run-what-you-brung" sort of a race.

MPL - Didn't think about the Orbit Labs generating science.  I guess only use them to process experiments and not use them to research infinitely? I assume this is what you mean when banning MPL use.

As for sharing the save file, Sure i didn't think about that.  I'll share the starting save file as well as where I'm at now because I do not feel like starting over.  I'm only on Year 1, day 25 or so with 830 science returned to kerbin.  I'll also include a list of mods I'm using so the Save files will work.  Won't be until tomorrow night though as I'm working really late tonight.  Good luck getting bill and Jeb home

Edited by eelooORbust

I imagine that the starting science value could be achieved more rapidly by use of the Debug Menu. Establishing the parameters of specific scenarios is more-or-less its intended purpose. Activate the "hidden" options by continuing to hold Mod+F12 after the menu pops up. There are options to add various amounts of science, as well as setting the accumulated science to zero, useful if having overshot the required amount. Pulling up the debug menu in the R&D screen does have options for editing the tree directly, there being "Research all parts" and "Unlock all nodes", which could bypass the science-editing as well as shave time. I have not been successful in keeping those changes after leaving the screen, but I'm probably doing something wrong. Even without that, there is an option on the tech tree debug menu to calculate all the science in the universe, which seems like it would be immensely helpful in scoring(You may have to subtract impossible results such as those from the nonexistent surface of Jool).

OK, I'm starting this challenge.  I'm running KSP on a potato, so I trimmed the modlist a little.  Just running some info mods (KER, transfer planner, alarm clock, etc) and I'm going to try Simple Construction instead of EPL to get a little lower overhead.  I suspect the main barrier for me will be parts in orbit.

I have a little experience setting up a long-term career type challenge like this (see Catch first Moho Transfer Window, etc) and I offer this suggestion: Post a board with times for each planet/moon.  This will give us something short-term and concrete to aim for, and keep it interesting as we go.  Add yourself on as you complete each goal to give us a good example.

Something like Minmus Cleared: eeloOrBust Day 24, 5:42:21

Just a thought.  Also we will eventually demand a rad badge :)

Happy to help if there's anything I can do

OK, made a start.  Kerbin is nearly complete, just need Mountains and a few of the High Orbit gravimeter readings.  I'm not going to try for splashed down in every biome, just Water.  It feels like exploiting a glitch and would take forever.  Also going to skip all the KSC science unless OP insists, just a drive around and grind, not proving much :)

FIrst minute I launched a Minmus rocket direct ascent, and as soon as I had an intercept I launched a Mun rocket that is identical.  It's a nuke powered lander with 6K dV, a scientist, and of course all instruments.  Each includes a probe operated orbiting transfer stage/refueler with a ridiculous amount of LF aboard.  I can hit 3-5 Mun biomes, hop into orbit and refuel, repeat.  Should be able to do all Minmus without refueling, so I may take that fueler/lander pair and send it on to Dres or something, depending on windows.

Once Min and Minmus ops were underway, I launched a Biome Bomber: 5 payloads with a capsule/pilot, and all sci instruments.  I put it into a polar orbit, and as each of the faraway biomes came into view (Desert/Ice Caps/Badlands/Mountains/Tundra) I decoupled and deorbited one craft, collecting sci on the way down and recovering landed.  While waiting for it to orbit and line up with the biomes, I drove a rover with a scientist to Grasslands/Highlands/Shores/Water from KSC.  Same rover could easily collect the KSC science if needed.

First Moho transfer window is 8 days away, right around when I reach Minmus. 

On 3/20/2016 at 10:08 AM, Jetski said:

OK, I'm starting this challenge.  I'm running KSP on a potato, so I trimmed the modlist a little.  Just running some info mods (KER, transfer planner, alarm clock, etc) and I'm going to try Simple Construction instead of EPL to get a little lower overhead.  I suspect the main barrier for me will be parts in orbit.

I have a little experience setting up a long-term career type challenge like this (see Catch first Moho Transfer Window, etc) and I offer this suggestion: Post a board with times for each planet/moon.  This will give us something short-term and concrete to aim for, and keep it interesting as we go.  Add yourself on as you complete each goal to give us a good example.

Something like Minmus Cleared: eeloOrBust Day 24, 5:42:21

Just a thought.  Also we will eventually demand a rad badge :)

Happy to help if there's anything I can do

Jetski,

Good idea on the board.  I'll start that sometime tonight when I get time.  As for the KSC biomes, feel free to skip them.  They are not required, though I feel they may come in handy if you have time and do not want to get caught in a tie breaker.  I'm going to do some of them.  

As for the badge that was suggested, I haven't the slightest clue how to design one.  I'm also bad at documenting my progress so I'll try to upload an album as I go.  Your help will be crucial in administering this challenge.

As for documenting my progress, I figure a screenshot of each ship used as well as one shot collecting science and launching each vessel ought to work? does that please the KSP Gods?

19 hours ago, Jetski said:

OK, made a start.  Kerbin is nearly complete, just need Mountains and a few of the High Orbit gravimeter readings.  I'm not going to try for splashed down in every biome, just Water.  It feels like exploiting a glitch and would take forever.  Also going to skip all the KSC science unless OP insists, just a drive around and grind, not proving much :)

FIrst minute I launched a Minmus rocket direct ascent, and as soon as I had an intercept I launched a Mun rocket that is identical.  It's a nuke powered lander with 6K dV, a scientist, and of course all instruments.  Each includes a probe operated orbiting transfer stage/refueler with a ridiculous amount of LF aboard.  I can hit 3-5 Mun biomes, hop into orbit and refuel, repeat.  Should be able to do all Minmus without refueling, so I may take that fueler/lander pair and send it on to Dres or something, depending on windows.

Once Min and Minmus ops were underway, I launched a Biome Bomber: 5 payloads with a capsule/pilot, and all sci instruments.  I put it into a polar orbit, and as each of the faraway biomes came into view (Desert/Ice Caps/Badlands/Mountains/Tundra) I decoupled and deorbited one craft, collecting sci on the way down and recovering landed.  While waiting for it to orbit and line up with the biomes, I drove a rover with a scientist to Grasslands/Highlands/Shores/Water from KSC.  Same rover could easily collect the KSC science if needed.

First Moho transfer window is 8 days away, right around when I reach Minmus. 

Also, a side note, as I'm going through the spreadsheet, I'm finding a few error with it.  Sorry I made it in 5 min increments at work. Obviously you can't get a situation of splashed on most celestial bodies.  I removed the flying situation from the airless bodies but forgot the splashed from the liquidless bodies.   Also noticed some situational experiments filling in like the global ones.  Just beware of these minor coding problems and use common sense for situations and I won't make a fuss.  The stress from this challenge should come from the challenge itself, not the rules.

Note - According to the wiki, it is possible to get a "landed" situation in the water.  You need to be standing on a floating craft.  This situation I will enforce.

OK, Kerbin is completed, 2days 1 hour.  Now I can stop counting hours and start counting days.  Could have done it quicker but made some mistakes on reentry a few times.  Total flights one Biome Bomber, one Upper Atmosphere 69K orbiter plane, one Sci Rover, and 2 lousy capsules for catching the biomes and experiments the others missed.

First Mun landing is down.  Turns out I forgot to connect the fuel tanks to the engines on both my Mun and Minmus early launch landers, so 2 useless ships there (resisted the urge to install HyperEdit).  I sent replacement landers to both on a single launch high-TWR rocket called Better Landers, made direct ascent burn to Mun (less than 2 hrs flight time), and decoupled a lander as I flew by, letting it circularize and meet up with Bob in orbit with the fuel tanker and defunct original lander.  The Better Landers rocket made a nasty adjustment burn, and will arrive at Minmus 4 days before my original ship arrives. In hindsight I should have done this to start.

I'm realizing that in a timed game with no funds, there's no reason to use transfer windows or Hoffman transfers at all, except as minor dV savers.  Great masses of Mammoths and horrific burns are the order of the day.

On that note, I sent a rocket to Dres, basically the same as Mun/Minmus includes a NERVA lander, sci, and gobs of spare LF.  5K hyperbolic burn from LKO, and I have an intercept in 1year 226days.  The transfer window wasn't for another 400 days, so this is faster if I can stop once I get there.

For SCIENCE!

OK, one edit: @eelooORbust I really think we should decide whether to allow Mobile Processing Lab usage. Here's the problem: Let's say I get 1200 sci on a few Mun landings.  I can bring that to an orbiting lab before recovery, and process and transmit for 4800 free sci in about a week.  Then I can pass it to another lab, repeat.  And again. Until my Eeloo ship (launching soon) returns in 6 years or so. Then recover the science on Kerbin.  I think it's possible to get nearly infinite science if we are doing this.  I don't think it's a good idea, but I can do that if the MPL is permitted.  Otherwise I think it's more fun to collect from all the biomes and forget MPL completely.  Just let me know :)

Edited by Jetski

15 hours ago, Jetski said:

OK, Kerbin is completed, 2days 1 hour.  Now I can stop counting hours and start counting days.  Could have done it quicker but made some mistakes on reentry a few times.  Total flights one Biome Bomber, one Upper Atmosphere 69K orbiter plane, one Sci Rover, and 2 lousy capsules for catching the biomes and experiments the others missed.

First Mun landing is down.  Turns out I forgot to connect the fuel tanks to the engines on both my Mun and Minmus early launch landers, so 2 useless ships there (resisted the urge to install HyperEdit).  I sent replacement landers to both on a single launch high-TWR rocket called Better Landers, made direct ascent burn to Mun (less than 2 hrs flight time), and decoupled a lander as I flew by, letting it circularize and meet up with Bob in orbit with the fuel tanker and defunct original lander.  The Better Landers rocket made a nasty adjustment burn, and will arrive at Minmus 4 days before my original ship arrives. In hindsight I should have done this to start.

I'm realizing that in a timed game with no funds, there's no reason to use transfer windows or Hoffman transfers at all, except as minor dV savers.  Great masses of Mammoths and horrific burns are the order of the day.

On that note, I sent a rocket to Dres, basically the same as Mun/Minmus includes a NERVA lander, sci, and gobs of spare LF.  5K hyperbolic burn from LKO, and I have an intercept in 1year 226days.  The transfer window wasn't for another 400 days, so this is faster if I can stop once I get there.

For SCIENCE!

OK, one edit: @eelooORbust I really think we should decide whether to allow Mobile Processing Lab usage. Here's the problem: Let's say I get 1200 sci on a few Mun landings.  I can bring that to an orbiting lab before recovery, and process and transmit for 4800 free sci in about a week.  Then I can pass it to another lab, repeat.  And again. Until my Eeloo ship (launching soon) returns in 6 years or so. Then recover the science on Kerbin.  I think it's possible to get nearly infinite science if we are doing this.  I don't think it's a good idea, but I can do that if the MPL is permitted.  Otherwise I think it's more fun to collect from all the biomes and forget MPL completely.  Just let me know :)

I didn't think about that and didn't realize that was possible.  Deal. MPL is banned.  Please allow me to keep my stations though already in orbit with them.  I was just using them as a science collection point had no idea they had that capability.  I will use the honor system and not transmit or process with them and keep them dark.  I'll upload pics of my stations tonight and show you how much it would suck to put a new monstrosity such as them in orbit.  

Right now on Day 44 I have most of Kerbin done with the exception of some of the high atmo EVA and some of the low space grav readings.  I did this withe a few planes and a simple orbiter.  A HELLISHLY FAST single seat jet (1200 m/s cruise @ 22km) with all instruments to get most of the low flying biomes and landed biomes. I could get from KSC to the ice caps in about 30 min game time. It also included a long ladder pointing up so Bob could climb it to get the flying EVA.  the plane sat too low otherwise.  For the water ones (I'm not enforcing the landed water biome btw, it doesn't work) I made a seaplane to land in the water, and for the Mountains I made a small plane that could land and take off at about 35m/s. make takeoff and landing in the mountains very easy.

For the space science I have Bob in orbit with a simple rocket equipped with all instrunments. I plan to de orbit that soon. Total time to clear Kerbin: about 2 days

Minmus is done, but I ran out of gas in my lander and I'm currently orbiting the equator at about 13,000 meters with every experiment in the capsule.  Formulating a refuel/rescue mission now.

Mun is about half done as I began working Minmus and Kerbin because they seemed easier and I didn't want to forget about them.  Mun Science will resume as soon as I get the capsule fueled from Minmus and Kerbin Finished.

For my Interplanetary Travels,  I've designed a ship with about 4800 delta-v that carries all the equipment to get every body except eve (will be a pain in the @$$ btw).  It includes a carrier, mining/fueling probe for the carrier, scan satellite to find recources, and a lander with 3,000 delta-v to gather science.  It all fits together like the zords did in power rangers.  I plan to build and launch one of these for each body in Minmus orbit using EPL.  Using the kerbin system kethane/ore to mine and refine the resources for the materials to make the ship.  Once I finish Kerbin system science, I'll focus my time on mining and interplanetary ship construction. 

OK, did some Mun biomes.  Got Midlands/Highland Craters/Highlands/East Crater/Polar Lowlands/Poles on one pass, unfortunately broke my landing gear on the first landing.  Suspension is frozen, and I slide downhill very quickly, so I've been doing kind of touch and go landings.  Just enough time for my intrepid scientist to climb down ladder until his feet touch the goo pod and register as landed, collecting surface sample and EVA quickly.  Everything else is hotkeyed, so grab and go!

I also sent out a Duna construction base/miner full of engineers and an identical ship to Eve.  They look ridiculous - a rover strapped to the tip of a rocket with no regard to aero or efficiency. 

I think I'm going to set up shipyards on the moons Ike and Gilly, then decide how to tackle the planets.  Maybe bootstrap to the next planet (Moho or Jool) if shipbuilding is effective. Haven't used this construction mod yet, or really tested anything. The Duna ship doesn't have a scientist, so look for sloppy science landers with gobs of goo and bays on that one.  Exciting high TWR boosters burning 4-6K dV for each intercept, ugly stuff.  Nice that money is no object in Science mode.

I will have an MPL present at both stations, but only because the construction mod uses it as their workshop part (to build Rocketparts).  I didn't attach antennas and won't be using the labs to process data or transmit (although I may use it to reset goo at the Duna colony).

I also got bored and harvested about 18 of the 32 KSC biomes.  Felt like unfinished business.

@eelooORbust, I'm impressed that you can harvest a planet with those low Dv requirements.  I've been adding Moar Boosters to everything because no funds, and my standard explorer ship has nearly 19K dV if you count the lander (6500 DV lander).  I'm not doing any ISRU with the explorers, just with the shipyards (which lift off with about 13K dV).  Building ugly ships, big LF tanks and too few nukes, with a mess of Mammoths to get them going.  Post an imgur album when you get a chance!

Edited by Jetski

40 minutes ago, Jetski said:

OK, did some Mun biomes.  Got Midlands/Highland Craters/Highlands/East Crater/Polar Lowlands/Poles on one pass, unfortunately broke my landing gear on the first landing.  Suspension is frozen, and I slide downhill very quickly, so I've been doing kind of touch and go landings.  Just enough time for my intrepid scientist to climb down ladder until his feet touch the goo pod and register as landed, collecting surface sample and EVA quickly.  Everything else is hotkeyed, so grab and go!

I also sent out a Duna construction base/miner full of engineers and an identical ship to Eve.  They look ridiculous - a rover strapped to the tip of a rocket with no regard to aero or efficiency. 

I think I'm going to set up shipyards on the moons Ike and Gilly, then decide how to tackle the planets.  Maybe bootstrap to the next planet (Moho or Jool) if shipbuilding is effective. Haven't used this construction mod yet, or really tested anything. The Duna ship doesn't have a scientist, so look for sloppy science landers with gobs of goo and bays on that one.  Exciting high TWR boosters burning 4-6K dV for each intercept, ugly stuff.  Nice that money is no object in Science mode.

I will have an MPL present at both stations, but only because the construction mod uses it as their workshop part (to build Rocketparts).  I didn't attach antennas and won't be using the labs to process data or transmit (although I may use it to reset goo at the Duna colony).

I also got bored and harvested about 18 of the 32 KSC biomes.  Felt like unfinished business.

@eelooORbust, I'm impressed that you can harvest a planet with those low Dv requirements.  I've been adding Moar Boosters to everything because no funds, and my standard explorer ship has nearly 19K dV if you count the lander (6500 DV lander).  I'm not doing any ISRU with the explorers, just with the shipyards (which lift off with about 13K dV).  Building ugly ships, big LF tanks and too few nukes, with a mess of Mammoths to get them going.  Post an imgur album when you get a chance!

@Jetski Here is the album.  I'm not very good at building high delta v ships.  I cant build it without them being too huge to get into orbit or they have a TWR so low that its frustrating flying them.  The album has a few of the ships but tonight I'll dedicate some time to documentation. The Mun lander can hit 3-4 biomes and then has to hit the station to refuel.  I used my ferry to put an orange tank worth of fuel in orbit as a gas station.  More images to come  

Nice!  I forgot how much fun Kethane can be - ever since stock Ore came out I haven't touched the stuff.  Pretty much everything I have is NERVA powered, including landers etc, hence the high dV.  Im barely to day 3, so haven't reached Minmus yet, but grinding away at the Mun.  My PC can't handle the part count of that orbital station methinks :)  Keep up the good work!

8 hours ago, Jetski said:

Nice!  I forgot how much fun Kethane can be - ever since stock Ore came out I haven't touched the stuff.  Pretty much everything I have is NERVA powered, including landers etc, hence the high dV.  Im barely to day 3, so haven't reached Minmus yet, but grinding away at the Mun.  My PC can't handle the part count of that orbital station methinks :)  Keep up the good work!

It's more of a slide show than playing a video game sometimes when I'm working with it.  especially when the sun starts to peek over the horizon

OK, Mun cleared, and Sigrine is on her way back to Kerbin with a pod full of science.  She is going to meet with a pair of drop pods I placed for her convenience in LKO, then relaunch with my Moho monster in the upcoming window.  I sent her refueler probe with the last of its LF on to Moho but jumped the window by a little, we'll see how much fuel actually makes it to Moho orbit.  Bob has ALMOST made it to Minmus, and it's Day 7.  Lousy trajectory....

I found a great mod for this challenge if you approve.  It's called [x]Science, nothing fancy: basically it's your spreadsheet but visible in game, and with filters available.  It doesn't display anything that the Science Archives don't show, but the presentation is very clear, and you can have it open while flying around.  Helped me find 2 gravity reports I forgot to grab while I was landed, had to go back and land again at Midlands and Highland Craters to collect.  

Edit: Kept going a little longer, recovered Sigrine with 10000+ science (the entire Mun), and prepped and sent up a Moho construction base.  

Edited by Jetski

Minmus cleared, Day 10.  Not a major challenge as I do this nearly every career to bump up a few tech levels, and I kinda have it dialed in.  Pretty much where my standard lander got developed.  Bob is going to leave the sci in an abandoned lander for later retrieval and see where he wants to go next.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.