Devnote Tuesday: Arrivals and Departures

SQUAD

16 hours ago, Claw said:

That's correct. The cutaway view has a toggle to turn it on when you want to see it, and it is not a replacement for IVA.

I will likely use the new cutaway quite a bit, as I like taking pictures of the crew. But it'd be even more useful to me if I could toggle individual crew compartments on and off. Here's what I mean:

j2aMcV4.png

This is a raw screenshot taken with Free IVA of the "bridge" of KSS Intrepid, Captin Valentina Kerman commanding. You can see the interior of the Mk1 lander can behind her, as well as the interior of the Planetary Base Systems Mk1 Hab module (which is on the port side of the ship, next to the bridge) overlapping the helmskerb in front of Val. I took this shot just for the image of Val, so I was able to crop down and eliminate the spurious IVAs--but you get the point. I couldn't have taken a shot from, say, directly in front of the captin's chair because that would have put the lander can IVA in the shot.

So @Claw, not that it's anything you can do anything about now at this late stage in the game, but if we could individually toggle cutaways the way we now toggle whether or not a part has a flag, that'd be even more useful for me. :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

1 hour ago, Wallygator said:

Nice notes. Looking forward to all the new features and sad about the missing/delayed ones. 

Now... Where are my cutaway planets and moons?!?!?

And what about cutaway kerbals?

For the archive.

14 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

Great news!
Little please! It would be great if you could create save the ship sort (without mods) custom created and referred as folders (it is difficult to look for the right ship when their 200+)

like this to load: 

SPH:

--Muna (folder)

--Minmus (folder)

... (etc planets)

-SSTO

-plane

-seaplane

...(etc custom folders)

ps^ sorry for my poor english

That's a great idea!  I would fully support this idea!

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, ALWAYS with the negative waves!

And speaking of the little things that make a big difference, turning plane wheels, a taxiway and perhaps a little longer runway would make things a bit easier at times, that is if you run out of things to do that is :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously nice job Squad and you can add myself into to group of those who can't wait.

Edited by Korizan

1 minute ago, meuqsaco said:

Wasn't the pre release supposed to be available sometime in this weekend?

No, there has never been any definitive time frame officially given. The only way we'll know when it's available is the day that Squad announces that it's ready. Until then, we just have to wait. 

Glad to see the autosave update. I usually manually save religiously after every mission, but sometimes I forget, I play a bit, something crashes (or entire starships go missing) and I have to start over at an earlier save.

I personally don't care about IVA or IVA-related features as I never use them, but it's a neat idea and I hope it succeeds. I just hope it doesn't cost a lot of performance. 

The cut-away view has had one major effect on game play already. All these comments are forcing me to add Free IVA*. That'll be, what, like my 42nd mod for this install. And I used to consider myself a purist, who wouldn't think of sullying my experience with mods.

A crash to desktop every few days is a small price to pay for all my shiny toys.

* Yes, forcing me. It's time you all took some responsibility for my actions.

33 minutes ago, Perry Apsis said:

The cut-away view has had one major effect on game play already. All these comments are forcing me to add Free IVA*.

* Yes, forcing me. It's time you all took some responsibility for my actions.

For bringing Free IVA up, I shall pay you in a like... Responsibility taken! :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.