[0.17] Flags with Multiple texture options + Make your own flag (v1.3.1)

MrMadGameplay

Ever wanted to put up a flag on Mun or Minmus? Or even another planet? I know I do =P

Well here is your chance, just download this part and strap it onto a decoupler on your ship before heading on off to one of the famous Kerbin moons and once landed just eject it off the side and watch it float down to the ground and stay standing.

(A Special thanks to Runescope who has made a flag generator that can be found below)

This flag comes with multiple textures which include:

• Russian Flag
    United Kingdom Flag
    United States Of America Flag
    Canadian Flag (Made by Runescope)
    And a custom KSP Flag

It also comes with a instruction template so that you can make your very own flag texture:

7467163934_3c959b361f_b.jpg

Here are some screenshots or the flag in action (Please note - Its not upright cos I hit it with my decoupler :P):

7625267366_c535733833_c.jpg

7467173754_faca5515b3_b.jpg

7467180600_cb19ab4d5a_b.jpg

7467173126_b6ac150736_b.jpg

Changes:

- Added Canadian flag to the pack (Thanks to Runescope)

- Edited the model slightly to make more sturdy

-----------------------------------

- Fixed all textures

- Added a better node_collider (So now it will almost never fall down)

- Added X legs on bottom so more chance of standing

- Released

Issues:

- May only work connected to a decoupler.

Edited by MrMadGameplay

What\'s the ratio of these flags? From the template it looks square, but can I change that? It\'s always annoyed me when a flag is off proportion, and I would like to have a proper 1:2 Canadian flag. (And I believe the US, UK, and Russian flags should be 10:19, 1:2, and 2:3 respectively.)

What\'s the ratio of these flags? From the template it looks square, but can I change that? It\'s always annoyed me when a flag is off proportion, and I would like to have a proper 1:2 Canadian flag. (And I believe the US, UK, and Russian flags should be 10:19, 1:2, and 2:3 respectively.)

When the flag has been squeezed onto the texture slot it looks fine in the game. I wasn\'t trying to make it realistic atm but I will try and fix this soon.

And perhaps in .16 someone will take the first in game screenshot of the first Kerbal on the Mun, with Kerbin and the KSP flag reflected in his visor 8)

Anyone using this mod should take a screenshot or two so there are some standing flags ;D

Well here is your chance, just download this part and strap it onto a decoupler on your ship before heading on off to one of the famous Kerbin moons and once landed just eject it off the side and watch it float down to the ground and stay standing.

Here are some screenshots or the flag in action (Please note - Its not upright cos I hit it with my decoupler :P):

He said it in his post ^

Please, read the whole post before you post thanks. i can understand this due to being new to the forums. :)

Has anyone actually tried this? Because I can\'t get it to attach to the decoupler properly without rotating the crap out of it, and then it detaches while I\'m still on the launch pad, and this is before I\'ve lifted off!

Has anyone actually tried this? Because I can\'t get it to attach to the decoupler properly without rotating the crap out of it, and then it detaches while I\'m still on the launch pad, and this is before I\'ve lifted off!

That\'s because you need to claim your home planet first. 8) I will give it a shot in a minute.

There is a few issues with rotation and collision but if you attach it to a tri decoupler and make sure it doesn\'t hit anything else It should be all good.

So I went back and looked at your pictures a bit closer and what you mean is a radial decoupler, not a tri-decoupler. Also, if you\'re not on absolute flat ground when you release it, it\'s going to fall over, and even then you have to release it from a pretty great height so it loses any horizontal speed before it hits the ground. this needs some kind of weight on the bottom of it for a counter balance.

This might all be moot though with the upcoming .16 release with EVAs. Flag planting might be one of the default actions.

I have tried this mod but the flag flips around the Mun then falls flat on the ground both times. Like others said, my only suggestion is to add some kind of heavy/wide base. Looks great though, cool that you can edit it to make it have any flag.

It is a bit tricky but if you\'re selective on where you place it (like a lake!) then it does work. See attached.

All this needs is a base and it\'s perfect. :)

Sorry, i cannot see anything ! :\'(

Its in the attachment - under my post. Black flag.

Edit:

New flag with template added. Gave the flag pole a metalic look. :)

Edit:

I reduced the crash tolerance to 20. I was ejecting flags in orbit (catastrophic failure) and found they would survive re-entry and survive impact with the ground. By reducing the crash tolerance, fast moving flags will be destroyed.

I also reduced the ejection force from 10 to 5 so that a flag \'drops\' to the surface and not go flying across the ground.

Edited by togfox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.