Out of Ideas

the_pazter

Hay, the_pazter here. My Imagination has gone blank,  and I would like some ideas for things to do in Sandbox mode. Please don't make it to hard or have to many mods, I can't handle that much, and if there are mods that will help, please list them. Thanks

1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

Hard to suggest new things to do if we don't know what you've already done.  How about giving us a list of what you've already accomplished?

Landed, on mun, came back, same with Minmus

I was thinking something like a Space Station.

You could try the challenge section or make a geosynchronous satellite system.

Or a base

Or a asteroid station 

Or you could go to another planet

Or a Apollo 11 style Mun landing

Or a refueling station 

Or a Doctor Who police box ( because you live wher they film Dr who )

Or make a giant plane / rocket

Edited by Dfthu

Wow, there's all sorts of stuff you haven't done yet.  You can do space stations, rovers, and you can start visiting other planets.  I personally find space stations to be a little boring, but they are a good way to learn how to assemble components in orbit and to practice rendezvous and docking.  These are skills that you'll likely need as you start to design larger and more ambitious missions, such as manned missions to other planets.

Edited by OhioBob

Yeah, I was running out of ideas to do until 1.1 came along, and now I'm trying to get a giant Eve lander there before 1.1 comes out. It's really annoying  (0.6m/sacceleration) but it makes it nice to try to accomplish something.

Edited by spacebrick3
spelling error

I'll echo what a couple of others have mentioned, take a look at some of the challenges for some ideas at least.  There is a huge variety, some can just be a bit of fun as great time fillers if you just want something to do, and some can be a real long term challenge.

And if you feel inclined go interplanetary, there's whole new worlds out there, go explore, but above all enjoy.

If you've only done Kerbin/Mun/Minmus:  go out into the solar system, it's a blast.  The Jool system, in particular, makes great eye candy.

There are plenty of other things you can do to jazz it up with various mods and such, but I'd suggest exploring the worlds that KSP has to offer, they're tons of fun. :)

Go interplanetary. Takes some tweaking to get phase and ejection angles right.

Build orbital station - send Kerbals interplanetary (get them back). Build a base somewhere.

Dude, there's a lot of things you can do...

Also you might want to think about career as it gives you the limits of funds which is an additional challenge (also early on you're pretty limited by the parts)

-Build a space station

-Build a Mun base

-Build a mun station

-Build a minmus base

-Build a minmus station

-Capture and mine an asteroid

-Build a mass relay

-Use said mass relay to destroy said space station with said asteroid

-Build a solar space station (good luck)

-Land on Moho

-Explore the Mohole

-Land on Eve

-Open a beach resort on the Evian ocean

-Take a rock sample from Gilly

-Land on duna

-Open a start up company to collect fresh Dunian Ice

-Use Ike to gravity assist back to Kerbin

-Aerobrake (and probably die horrendously)

-Don't go to Dres because nobody likes Dres

-Go to Jool

-Send a probe into Jool to burn uup

-Land on Laythe 

-Fly a jet on Laythe

-Meet the Kracken on Bop

-Atempt to land and return from Tylo (it's pretty hard)

-Marvel at how cute Pol is

-Visit Eeloo

-Get mad because it isn't a planet anymore.

-Leave the solar system

-Make a sub orbital flight around Kerbol (trust me, it's safe)

Rather than one off missions, plan a whole series of them, all linked.

Example...

Space Station so you can get to planet X ... the ship(s) leave the Station... arrive at planet X and transform into a space station...

A manned mission leave the first station for planet XXX ... they occupy the newly built station.

A mission leave the station for planet XXX complete with colony modules... it lands and sets up

Next mission to leave the station is a landing crew complete with rovers... they land....

The point is, one off missions are fine, but hardly a challenge. Make the end goal a real challenge and then have minor missions to complete the bigger one.

5 hours ago, the_pazter said:

Hay, the_pazter here. My Imagination has gone blank,  and I would like some ideas for things to do in Sandbox mode. Please don't make it to hard or have to many mods, I can't handle that much, and if there are mods that will help, please list them. Thanks

Try to get the most unaerodynamic plane you can make to fly. Then attempt to buzz the KSC tower.

33 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

And... Ummm... How does this thing dock with other craft? I don't see any ports...

Why should it dock ? It has everything it needs for research and fuel to get home.

8 minutes ago, Triop said:

Well, it can stay up there forever with these Kerbals so I'm calling it a "station". :wink:

More of an orbital research craft, as unlike a station it cant be used for fuel or a storage place for craft, and cannot receive supply shipments, so doesnt really count much.

Edited by nosirrbro

8 hours ago, the_pazter said:

Landed, on mun, came back, same with Minmus

I was thinking something like a Space Station.

That's the direction I went.

Build a starbase with an ISRU and a mining ship or two, and use it as a staging point for missions to the outer planets. Your ships may never need a refuelling launch from Kerbin ever again. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.