Add-On Questions for people who don't know what they're doing

Thernos

Hello.
Bluntly put: I don't know how to do this modding thing for KSP. I might not be the only one, and because I didn't see a topic already made for this sort of thing, this is open to anyone.

I'll start it off

I got three mods. I was an idiot and didn't write down the names although I could look it up in my history if that is needed. But I received this error message.

351f3ff1ee0d85a5402a3951330bd054https://gyazo.com/351f3ff1ee0d85a5402a3951330bd054

what do I do to fix this?

Update on the problem:

Al the parts for the rockets and planes and everything are gone. there are no parts in the game now. its useless. I believe it is the Firespitter mod that is doing this. I re-downloaded but when I put the mods on, it will j=do the same thing. when I don't add the mods on, I cannot save or load things. and when I finish building, I cannot launch my ship.

Edited by Thernos

Well, in an attempt to fix the problem I redownloaded it, so all that's there is a squad folder. The game does not work though. I cannot save nor load and it will not launch whne I finish building. there is only on spitfire folder when I had it on there.

Uninstall KSP.

Install KSP.

Unzip/open the mod package and inspect the contents.  Usually there is a README.txt or similar.  Start by reading that because it'll give you installation instructions.  Most mod installation for KSP involves moving a particular folder or two from the mod package to the GameData folder within the KSP folder but the README file will tell you what to do.  If it doesn't, check the OP of the mod thread here.

If you're new, install one mod package at a time and start the game to ensure it works before moving to the next.

E: Also, that error indicates an old version of Firespitter, you'll want to get and install a newer version.

Edited by regex

This now seems similar to when I modded Battlefront II. the problem is now the game wont work even without mods. I've deleted all game files and reinstalled but it still wont work. When I check the files it says ones missing and fixes it, and then when I start the game up It still wont work. I check the files again and its gone. it disappears whenever I start the game. Once the base game is fixed I will look for a new version of Firespitter to work. but the game wont work on its own now.

Is it steam? Because then you might have to manually go in and remove all leftover folders after uninstalling it, otherwise it'll just re-download the last known configuration, in this case a broken install. 

Steam often keps folders after an uninstall, in particular folders containing non-stock content.

Edited by JohnnyPanzer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.