(WIP)(1.1.2)Star Wars Mod

KSP Bros KS

Just a little BD addon with red, green, blue, and orange lasers from Star Wars, using tibanna gas. 

===SpaceDock Download===

===Alternative Curse Download====

To-Do list:

You guys can decide here

P.S. I would give anyone partial credit and put their video soon for the mod if they make a modlight about this

P.P.S. This was originally posted by KSP Bros AE and I sharing an account, but now this is my seperate account since he took the old one.

BD also deserves credit for the models*. Thanks @BahamutoD!

More credit: @SpannerMonkey(smce)  for part help an fixing and @Wraith977 for part help

*For now....

Edited by KSP Bros KS

Hiya @KSP Bros KS, I've noticed there's no license file in your zip or here on the forums, there's just the MIT license on the Spacedock site.

The forum addons rules say all mods need a license in the zip at least, preferably also on the page where it's being shown.

Please add the MIT license to your download file, a .txt file is fine :)

5 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Hiya @KSP Bros KS, I've noticed there's no license file in your zip or here on the forums, there's just the MIT license on the Spacedock site.

The forum addons rules say all mods need a license in the zip at least, preferably also on the page where it's being shown.

Please add the MIT license to your download file, a .txt file is fine :)

Changed it

I don't see it in the zip file @KSP Bros KS, there would need to be a readme.txt or a licence.txt that tells people what you allow them to do with your work.

For example you might want to allow others to share and improve it, as long as they give you credit for making it.

I see you changed the Spacedock license to "MINE", I'm not sure what that means :)

3 hours ago, sal_vager said:

I don't see it in the zip file @KSP Bros KS, there would need to be a readme.txt or a licence.txt that tells people what you allow them to do with your work.

For example you might want to allow others to share and improve it, as long as they give you credit for making it.

I see you changed the Spacedock license to "MINE", I'm not sure what that means :)

He just means he wants NO ONE to edit his mod. Mine all have "Edit, but give some/me credit" or "Editallyawant" for licences. I want the community to have legal access to my mods.

5 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Okay @KSP Bro AE, then the licence that best fits would be All Rights Reserved.

That would make it clear that others are not permitted to modify or redistribute the mod.

Hope this helps :)

Uhh. You are talking about KS. I want the community to have 100% access to my mods, and can edit them without worrying about licences. Anyone is permitted to distribute and edit my mods, but with credit to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On April 6, 2016 at 3:34 PM, KSP Bros KS said:

400 downloads but no replys here :(

That's because everyone can't post because they are to busy picking up the jaw from the floor and then finding where there blown mind went. My guess is because it's so awesome it's a couple million miles away! :D

On 5/6/2016 at 6:23 PM, max_creative said:

That's because everyone can't post because they are to busy picking up the jaw from the floor and then finding where there blown mind went. My guess is because it's so awesome it's a couple million miles away! :D

A three-laser-and-an-ammo-box mod gets a review like that? I'm impressed, thanks!

On 5/18/2016 at 3:53 AM, BahamutoD said:

If you are using models I made for BDArmory (the Browning .50 cal) and redistributing them, you need to give me credit and put them under the same license (CC-BY-SA 2.0).

Thank you.

He is working on a new model, but the FireTransform is always pointing to the ground, so he didn't release it, and he is very selfish, so he will not change it to a CC licence.

Sorry.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:50 AM, KSP Bro AE said:

and he is very selfish, so he will not change it to a CC licence.

First of all, i never said that. I will.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:53 AM, BahamutoD said:

If you are using models I made for BDArmory (the Browning .50 cal) and redistributing them, you need to give me credit and put them under the same license (CC-BY-SA 2.0).

Thank you.

Did you even look at @KSP Bro AE's mods on spacedock? Both this and this don't give you credit.

4 minutes ago, KSP Bros KS said:

First of all, i never said that. I will.

Done. But @BahamutoD could you please help me with the aimer pointing down?

On 5/24/2016 at 10:50 AM, KSP Bro AE said:

the FireTransform is always pointing to the ground

I meant the aimer itself in-game.

On 30/05/2016 at 4:50 PM, KSP Bros KS said:

Alright, guys. It's updated with one new laser and my flag, and the guns now have muzzle flashes and are better categorized.

I still need to figure out why the aimer is pointing down with my custom guns....

I'd need to have a closer look but usually this is due to an incorrectly named  transform(typo), an animation not being found or an hierarchy error. But BD is not very tolerant of even small setup errors and it's easy to make little mistakes at first (I made dozens) There's also a butt load of things that you'd think would be possible but just aren't.

If you want to drop me a line with some pics of your cfg's and weapon hierarchies I'd be happy to take a look. Oh and make sure your are building your weapons to the latest spec not the old set up.

Spoiler

6MGHVrE.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.