(4/9/2017) [1.2.x] v0.6: Revamped Stock Solar System

@GregroxMun This looks amazing! I really want it, but compared to stock kerbol system, how much memory will this eat up? Does it get rid of the stock kerbol system, and replace it with this? Or does it just retexture everything?

19 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Minmus isn't pudding

Minmus ain't ice cream

Minmus ain't a pistachio

and it certainly ain't bleu cheese.

Minmus is a comet

that flew by Planet Eve

was captured in 'round Kerbin

to orbit eternally.

Can I put this in my sig?

7 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Hey, did you notice that Kev (and possibly Ameli) is below synchronous orbit radius, meaning that it will slowly be pulled toward Jool until it crashes into it?

Yep. I believe this is also true of the innermost satellites of Jupiter.

19 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

@GregroxMun This looks amazing! I really want it, but compared to stock kerbol system, how much memory will this eat up? Does it get rid of the stock kerbol system, and replace it with this? Or does it just retexture everything?

Can I put this in my sig?

It replaces the Stock Solar System, yes. The retextures are not just decorative, but actually functional. The planet terrain really is modified to look like the planets from space, unlike texture replacer packs. I have not done any tests to see how much memory it eats up, but it should not be too bad. When 1.0 comes out I will actually have a .dds conversion so that even less memory is taken up.

And I would prefer if you did not put my poem in your signature.

Edited by GregroxMun

5 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

It replaces the Stock Solar System, yes. The retextures are not just decorative, but actually functional. The planet terrain really is modified to look like the planets from space, unlike texture replacer packs. I have not done any tests to see how much memory it eats up, but it should not be too bad. When 1.0 comes out I will actually have a .dds conversion so that even less memory is taken up.

And I would prefer if you did not put my poem in your signature.

Okay, and I noticed Kopernicus is required, do you know how much memory that eats up?

And will it be available on SpaceDock?

No problem :)

Edited by Spaceception

Just now, Spaceception said:

Okay, and I noticed Kopernicus is required, do you know how much memory that eats up?

And will it be available on SpaceDock?

Kopernicus should eat up little to no memory, and no it will not be available on SpaceDock. I have nothing against SpaceDock, but I prefer to keep the download on one platform instead of having to worry about updating several. Maybe when RevSSS 1.0 comes out I'll put it on CurseForge and SpaceDock.

1 minute ago, GregroxMun said:

Kopernicus should eat up little to no memory, and no it will not be available on SpaceDock. I have nothing against SpaceDock, but I prefer to keep the download on one platform instead of having to worry about updating several. Maybe when RevSSS 1.0 comes out I'll put it on CurseForge and SpaceDock.

The Kopernicus link doesn't work.

4 hours ago, cantab said:

Anyone seen Eve and Laythe do this before? Just Kopernicus 1.0.5 and RevSS 0.4 installed.

Um, Eve? Eve?!

I've... I've seen this before. *shudders*

Try deleting the scaledspace cache, and then launching the game. Kopernicus should generate new ones, hopefully.

Edited by GregroxMun

Update: Happens with Kop 1.0.4 and MM 2.6.24 (both their previous versions) too.

Quickly flew to Laythe and it looks fine close up (actually, it looks great close up), it's just the scaledspace that the yellow peril is affecting.

• 2 weeks later...

RevSSS 0.4.1 Patch for KSP 1.1.3 and Kopernicus 1.1.3-1

https://github.com/GregroxMun/Revamped-Stock-Solar-System/releases/tag/0.4.1

• Fixed the ugly ghost map decal on Bop.
  • Added a new setting config to rename Laythe, Vall, and Tylo to Laith, Vol, and Tilow. This is to reduce confusion as to why your Joolian moons are so different from stock. It can be enabled in the Settings.cfg.
Edited by GregroxMun

What is in 0.5

• Jool's algae-filled atmosphere given an oxygen content.
    • This should make Jool datum-level ascents possible.
    • This can be toggled off in the settings.cfg.

What will be in 0.5

• Fix Moho's AtmosphereFromGround.
    • Currently Moho's atmosphere is still gone since I unswapped templates.
  • Fix science values (but not definitions) for the revamped Jool system.
  • Asteroid configs.
    • Less common near-Kerbin objects.
    • Remove Dresteroids.
    • Add an asteroid belt at the approximate semi-major-axis of Dres.
    • Irregular Jool Satellites in eccentric, inclined, and distant orbits.
  • Biomes for Kev, Ameli, Gilly, and Bop.
  • Maybe new biomes for Tylo, Vall, and Moho.
  • Revamp Kerbin.
    • More contrasted and saturated green lands.
    • Browner mountains.
  • Art pass for Duna.
    • Lower the contrast from dark to light
    • A blended-in color map for more subtle differences in lattitude/longitude.
    • Only changing colors, not heights, because biome maps are hard.
  • Tiny blob moon for Eeloo.
    • Called Mix
      • Named for the Goddess of snow.
    • Eccentric and high orbit, a captured Transjoolian object. (Well, Transneidonian if OPM is installed)
  • Small asteroid moon for Duna and Ike.
    • Named Rimos
      • From the ancient Kerbal god of the third wheel.
    • Orbital parameters will be informed by the orbits of the Plutocharonian moons. As such it will likely be very far out.

What will be in 1.0

• Revamp Science Definitions
    • These should be more actually scientific. They should expose some of the nature of the planet, how it formed, and other mysteries of the Kerbal's solar system.
    • Minmus isn't pudding.
    • Crew and EVA reports made in first person, not second person.
    • Sensor reports (thermometer, barometer, seismometer, and gravimeter) written in third person.
    • Surface samples, Mystery Goo reports, and Material Lab reports remain in second person.
  • Advanced OPM compatibility. (Note: Might come out for 1.1, not 1.0)
    • I was gonna make my own Outer Planets pack designed to be played with RevSS, but why would I make my own version of something that is already popular and works well?
    • Instead, I'm going to make an "advanced" compatibility patch that will make the OPM system more similar to the Revamped Stock System compared to the Stock System.
    • New System:
      • Sarnus
        • Hale: A more smooth walnut shape, similar to Pan.
        • Ovok: Not modified from OPM.
        • Mimonie: An analogue of Dione and Mimas. It has the grey and white cracked scheme of Dione, and the big crater of Mimas.
        • Encethies: An analogue of Tethys and Enceladus (Or, just, you know, OPM's Eeloo)
        • Derite: An icy Rhea analogue, covered in craters and white ice.
        • Slate: Shrunk from OPM to be an Iapetus orbital analogue.
        • Tekto: Not modified from OPM.
        • Gobe: Moved from Jool.
      • Urlum
        • Polta: Shrunk to be closer to the radius of 1/10 Miranda.
        • Priax: Shrunk in proportion with the shrinking of Polta.
        • Eeloo (RevSS version)
        • Mix (RevSS moon of Eeloo)
        • Wal: Shrunk to be about 1/10 the size of Titania. Moved to a higher orbit if need be for Tal's stability.
          • Tal: Not modified from OPM.
      • Neidon: New, actually decent texture. I can't stand Neidon's texture.
        • Sham: An inner moon, sheparded into a low orbit of Neidon by the gravitational influence of Thatmo.
        • Thatmo: Not changed from OPM.
        • Nissee: Not changed from OPM.
  • More advanced settings to toggle in the settings.cfg.
    • Taking suggestions for this.
  • DDS texture conversion, re-enable Kopernicus' OnDemand feature.
Edited by GregroxMun

23 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Tiny blob moon for Eeloo.

• Called Mix
    • Named for the Goddess of snow.
  • Eccentric and high orbit, a captured Transjoolian object. (Well, Transneptunian if OPM is installed)

Transneidonian.

23 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Small asteroid moon for Duna and Ike.

• Named Rimos
    • From the ancient Kerbal god of the third wheel.

I love this.

If Moons of Eeloo is installed in conjunction with RevSS and OPM, what will happen to Alu; will it be removed or become a moon of the gas giants/become a centaur?

And also, if you haven't yet, please check the PlanPakX forum page.

Edited by Interplanet Janet

3 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

If Moons of Eeloo is installed in conjunction with RevSS and OPM, what will happen to Alu; will it be removed or become a moon of the gas giants/become a centaur?

And also, if you haven't yet, please check the PlanPakX forum page.

Since RevSS Eeloo is the "real" Eeloo and the Eeloo in orbit around Sarnus is a "cloned" Eeloo, Alu should be put in orbit around Revamped Eeloo. I do not support Moons of Eeloo, but it should work just fine.

2 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Since RevSS Eeloo is the "real" Eeloo and the Eeloo in orbit around Sarnus is a "cloned" Eeloo, Alu should be put in orbit around Revamped Eeloo. I do not support Moons of Eeloo, but it should work just fine.

I see. Though I meant in the future, with the added moons and things?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.