(4/9/2017) [1.2.x] v0.6: Revamped Stock Solar System

I am wondering if I can get some help getting it to work? i used a fresh install of kerbal space program 1.2.0.1586 the newest version of kopernicus and v.0.5 of Revamped Stock Solar System. the loading screen works but when the game starts the screen is all black except for the cursor and the loading notification the music is playing but then  it just hangs there forever. i am running ubuntu 16.4 l.t.s. any help woul greatly be appreciated.

2 hours ago, drkillgreedy said:

I am wondering if I can get some help getting it to work? i used a fresh install of kerbal space program 1.2.0.1586 the newest version of kopernicus and v.0.5 of Revamped Stock Solar System. the loading screen works but when the game starts the screen is all black except for the cursor and the loading notification the music is playing but then  it just hangs there forever. i am running ubuntu 16.4 l.t.s. any help woul greatly be appreciated.

Try another Kopernicus mod. If it still doesn't work, ask in the Kopernicus thread.

2 hours ago, drkillgreedy said:

11 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Try another Kopernicus mod. If it still doesn't work, ask in the Kopernicus thread.

You know, I just had the same error using RVSS on Linux. OPM loads up a-ok though. I'm going to try fiddling around for a bit and see if I can figure something out...

1 minute ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

You know, I just had the same error using RVSS on Linux. OPM loads up a-ok though. I'm going to try fiddling around for a bit and see if I can figure something out...

I bet there's a case sensitivity issue somewhere

31 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I bet there's a case sensitivity issue somewhere

I pulled the Kerbin directory out of RVSS and KSP loaded up correctly. Something is going wrong in there.

Everything else looks great!

Edit: Something is wrong in Mun.cfg; KSP loads properly if I remove it. I can't see anything obvious that is doing it though.

Edited by BigFatStupidHead
Moar info!

33 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

I pulled the Kerbin directory out of RVSS and KSP loaded up correctly. Something is going wrong in there.

Everything else looks great!

Edit: Something is wrong in Mun.cfg; KSP loads properly if I remove it. I can't see anything obvious that is doing it though.

could you try deleting the "Material" node from the cfg?

inside the PQS node, remove the whole 

Material
{

[...]stuff[...]

}

8 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

could you try deleting the "Material" node from the cfg?

inside the PQS node, remove the whole 

Material
{

[...]stuff[...]

}

No good. Mun.cfg still stops things from loading. Does it work in Windows? I'd try myself but haven't downloaded it yet and the store is down for maintenance.

11 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

No good. Mun.cfg still stops things from loading. Does it work in Windows? I'd try myself but haven't downloaded it yet and the store is down for maintenance.

it runs on windows (afaict)

you'll need to start removing bits untill you find the culprit. I don't have any quick way to test it on linux sorry

try renaming these textures:

map = RevampedStockSystem/PluginData/Mun_Surface.png

normals = RevampedStockSystem/Textures/Mun_Normal

texture = RevampedStockSystem/Textures/Mun_Color

(remove the underscore _  from the texture name, both in the cfg and in the actual texture file)

Edited by Sigma88

5 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

it runs on windows (afaict)

you'll need to start removing bits untill you find the culprit. I don't have any quick way to test it on linux sorry

try renaming these textures:

map = RevampedStockSystem/PluginData/Mun_Surface.png

normals = RevampedStockSystem/Textures/Mun_Normal

texture = RevampedStockSystem/Textures/Mun_Color

(remove the underscore _  from the texture name, both in the cfg and in the actual texture file)

I found the problem. This section...

Debug
		{
			exportBin = true
			update = true
		}

... is no good. Remove it and the mod loads fine.

5 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

Debug
		{
			exportBin = true
			update = true
		}

Unfortunately it is needed, because without it, Kopernicus will not know to make and then use a modified scaledspace mesh.

10 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

Debug
		{
			exportBin = true
			update = true
		}

try removing only

exportBin = true

and leaving the rest

On 16-10-2016 at 4:53 PM, Sigma88 said:

try removing only

exportBin = true

and leaving the rest

No good I'm afraid. And I'm out of time for tonight; I also tried exportBin = false but that is worse. Good luck!

edit: for now I have commented out update = true, which I guess means that no changes are being made to the Mun?

Also, @GregroxMun, Laythe, and only Laythe, has the stripey texture problem that many OPM users (including me) on Linux suffer from. Do you know offhand what is different about what you did to it? Thanks! Converted the .dds to .png and flipped it vertically. Linux doesn't use .dds properly.

Edited by BigFatStupidHead

So, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but for some reason that I might be able to take a stab at guessing why is, when landing on Minmus' flat areas, it counts as below sea level, which from what I've seen does two major things.

1) It makes the altimeter red as if it was going under Kerbin's oceans,

LNbHz9b.png

2) Panning the camera lower than that removes the ground from visibility, but it is still technically there, and the probe stays landed.

Mkv7KPx.png

Now, as to why I think this happens ( prepare yourself for this will most likely be wrong :P ), on the Minmus height map, the flat areas are completely black, which would normally be the sea level, but something in the config is set wrong making the config think that a certain shade of grey on the height map that is close enough to the black, but SLIGHTLY lighter is the new sea level, with the black (which is again, the flats, and exactly where this problem occurs) being under sea level, thus causing what I am seeing in the pictures above.

I honestly don't know if that's why, but all I know is that it is happen, and wondering if it would be fix, or if you were aware of this anyway. :P

On 10/24/2016 at 4:01 PM, drkillgreedy said:

I'm having the same issue, is this relevant? Linux, from the KSP.log:

[LOG 12:23:37.197] [ModuleManager] Changes :
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/Duna/Duna.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/Duna/Ike.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Ameli.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Bop.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Gobe.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Jool.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Kev.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Tylo.cfg
Changed : RevampedStockSystem/KopernicusFiles/JoolSystem/Vall.cfg

many other bodies aren't being loaded. I also noticed many texture paths in the planet cfgs are missing the .png file extensions, not sure if this is a factor.

**Removing this because a clean install is completely different**

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

soooo i dont know if thats supposed to happen but some easter eggs are missing. to be exact, the ones i cant find (but were there before i installed that mod) are kerbals face on duna and vallhenge on vall. some other easter eggs like munoliths, mun ufo and neil armstrong memorial are still there though. is it supposed to be that way? could u please fix that as fast as possible (and if possible).

42 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

soooo i dont know if thats supposed to happen but some easter eggs are missing. to be exact, the ones i cant find (but were there before i installed that mod) are kerbals face on duna and vallhenge on vall. some other easter eggs like munoliths, mun ufo and neil armstrong memorial are still there though. is it supposed to be that way? could u please fix that as fast as possible (and if possible).

kopernicus cannot move / edit  anomalies, so for now there are nothing planet packs can do to put anomalies in good places when editing planets

26 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

kopernicus cannot move / edit  anomalies, so for now there are nothing planet packs can do to put anomalies in good places when editing planets

that stilll doesnt explain why duna face disappeared but mun easter eggs are still there. is this because differences in elevation?

3 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

that stilll doesnt explain why duna face disappeared but mun easter eggs are still there. is this because differences in elevation?

It all depends on how anomalies are defined by squad.

Some of them will automatically reposition themselves on the surface, some will always stay at  certain distance from the center of the planet

So you never know which anomalies will stay and which will disappear

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.