(4/9/2017) [1.2.x] v0.6: Revamped Stock Solar System

Just now, Interplanet Janet said:

I see. Though I meant in the future, with the added moons and things?

I'll check to see if there is an orbital incompatibility between RevSS0.5's Mix and the Moons of Eeloo mod, and if there is I'll make a compatibility patch.

@GregroxMun It seems that this mod doesn't work for me. Probably something with Custom Asteroid mod.

Modlist:

1. Outer Planets Mod
  2. Kopernicus (of course)
  3. Firespitter
  4. KSOS: Space Center Vehicles
  5. Hyperedit
  6. ModularFlightIntegrator
  7. Custom Asteroids
  8. FantomWorks
  9. KAX

Hope that helps!

Edited by Vysionone

2 hours ago, Vysionone said:

@GregroxMun It seems that this mod doesn't work for me. Probably something with Custom Asteroid mod.

Modlist:

1. Outer Planets Mod
  3. Firespitter
  5. Hyperedit
  6. ModularFlightIntegrator
  7. Custom Asteroids
  8. FantomWorks
  9. KAX

Hope that helps!

If you could share the logs folder and the ksp.log file (both found in the ksp install directory)

And the modulemanager cache (found in gamedata)

That couls help figure out your issue

Also, try removing the extra mods and see if the issue is still there, in which case it might not be a compatibility problem

8 hours ago, Vysionone said:

Modlist:

1. Outer Planets Mod
  3. Firespitter
  5. Hyperedit
  6. ModularFlightIntegrator (of course)
  7. Custom Asteroids
  8. FantomWorks
  9. KAX

Hope that helps!

You know you don't actually need Custom Asteroids, right? Kopernicus has its own asteroid code built-in. Of course, you'd still need to make some configs for it, but they're not hard.

That said, I need to know what doesn't work. Do you get the stock system? Do you get the stock system and OPM planets? Do you get the revamped system and no OPM?

Edited by GregroxMun

2 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

You know you don't actually need Custom Asteroids, right? Kopernicus has its own asteroid code built-in. Of course, you'd still need to make some configs for it, but they're not hard.

That said, I need to know what doesn't work. Do you get the stock system? Do you get the stock system and OPM planets? Do you get the revamped system and no OPM?

Thank you for the asteroids.

When I load the mod, it says that "Dres Moonlet" cannot be loaded, and when I go to the Tracking Station, every stock planet and moon except Dres, Kerbin, Minmus, and Eve is gone. All of my probes orbiting those planets go to the ones of the OPM.

18 minutes ago, Vysionone said:

Thank you for the asteroids.

When I load the mod, it says that "Dres Moonlet" cannot be loaded, and when I go to the Tracking Station, every stock planet and moon except Dres, Kerbin, Minmus, and Eve is gone. All of my probes orbiting those planets go to the ones of the OPM.

That's probably C.A. then. 

8 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

If you could share the logs folder and the ksp.log file (both found in the ksp install directory)

And the modulemanager cache (found in gamedata)

That couls help figure out your issue

Also, try removing the extra mods and see if the issue is still there, in which case it might not be a compatibility problem

Also do this please, Vysionone, if removing Custom Asteroids doesn't fix it.

Edited by GregroxMun

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

That's probably C.A. then. 

Also do this please, Vysionone, if removing Custom Asteroids doesn't fix it.

Well, it fixed it!

And now I have a new problem.

The planets of the OPM have a fuzzy texture and is yellow/black.

It also makes my game crash constantly.

Woe is me. ;.;

32 minutes ago, Vysionone said:

Well, it fixed it!

And now I have a new problem.

The planets of the OPM have a fuzzy texture and is yellow/black.

It also makes my game crash constantly.

Woe is me. ;.;

Try deleting everything in the folder GameData/Kopernicus/Cache

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

Try deleting everything in the folder GameData/Kopernicus/Cache

Still crashing basically every time I click on something.

Also, still looks like yarn.

Edited by Vysionone

2 hours ago, Vysionone said:

Still crashing basically every time I click on something.

Also, still looks like yarn.

It's a known bug with Kopernicus, and I don't know/remember what causes it. I got it once in 1.0.5 when I was testing Laythe, and then OH WAIT.

Try disabling Load On Demand.

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	useOnDemand = False
}

Put this in a .cfg file somewhere in GameData.

3 hours ago, AlexTheNotSoGreat said:

Could you make the atmospheres less hard-coded into the mod? I tried using Sigma Dimensions to double the atmosphere heights, and it wouldn't work. I then tried doing so in the planet configs, but failed there as well.

I have no clue what you mean by "hard coded." Sigma Dimensions is not updated to 1.1.3, so it's probably not going to work with any planet mods. My atmospheres are Kopernicus configs like any other. There is nothing more or less hard coded about them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The more I look at the Jool Texture that came with 0.4, the more I dislike it. And I've recently become good at making custom Gas Giants instead of modifying other people's textures. (Both previous versions of the texture are modified from the Alternis Kerbol texture.)

This one is different. It's a totally original, custom texture. The only thing it shares in common with other textures is the north/south color gradient of the 0.1-0.3 texture, which was made my own for the RevSS texture in the first place. The best part, is that it contains some of the features on the original Jool. I'll leave it up to y'all to figure out what features those are. I also tried to match the changes of thickness that the stock Jool's cloud bands have.

When I was making this, I thought back to how Porkjet remade the stock parts. In many cases, they have the distinctive look and feel of the original part, despite looking a lot cleaner and well-made than the original. They also have many of the details of the original part. I was trying to take that as inspiration when making this texture. So this isn't just a green gas giant similar to Jool. It's Jool.

VJOY9ET.png

The rest of the album is in the spoiler ahead:

Spoiler

LqZmrLX.png

0jFWcBx.png

HOJPkFg.png

UiBgWeV.png

VJOY9ET.png

pjjx5wu.png

9DtWcMk.png

74alrUI.png

Wm3vDQw.png

QHHkdHr.png

Sorry for the long hiatus from this mod. I've been working on The Holy System of the Vernians. I feel like I need a break from that mod now, and I'm coming back to work on this some. In other news, classes are back as of this week, so I won't have as much time to work on mods. I have an astronomy class this semester, which makes me rather happy.

What is in 0.5

• Jool's algae-filled atmosphere given an oxygen content.
    • This should make Jool datum-level ascents possible.
    • This can be toggled off in the settings.cfg.
  • Much better, totally new Jool texture.
  • Redone Jool Moon orbits.
  • Revamped Vall (For the third time).

What will be in 0.5

• New Biomes for Jool to match the new Texture for Jool.
  • Optional config to change Mun and Duna sizes to more closely match Luna and Mars. (Mun is too big, Duna is too small)
  • Fix Moho's AtmosphereFromGround.
    • Currently Moho's atmosphere is still gone since I unswapped templates.
  • Fix science values (but not definitions) for the revamped Jool system.
  • Asteroid configs.
    • Less common near-Kerbin objects.
    • Remove Dresteroids.
    • Add an asteroid belt at the approximate semi-major-axis of Dres.
    • Irregular Jool Satellites in eccentric, inclined, and distant orbits.
  • Biomes for Kev, Ameli, Gilly, and Bop.
  • Maybe new biomes for Tylo, Vall, and Moho.
  • Revamp Kerbin.
    • More contrasted and saturated green lands.
    • Browner mountains.
  • Mun:
    • Slightly browner coloration
    • Maybe a fix for the broken MapDecal, otherwise I might just have to remove it.
  • Art pass for Duna.
    • Lower the contrast from dark to light
    • A blended-in color map for more subtle differences in lattitude/longitude.
    • Maybe a biome map redo.
  • Re-revamp for Ike.
    • New Heightmap, new Color Map, new Biome Map, etc. Ike looks so fake.
  • Tiny blob moon for Eeloo.
    • Called Mix
      • Named for the Goddess of snow.
    • Eccentric and high orbit, a captured Transjoolian object.
  • Small asteroid moon for Duna and Ike.
    • Named Rimos
      • From the ancient Kerbal god of the third wheel.
    • Orbital parameters will be informed by the orbits of the Plutocharonian moons. As such it will likely be very far out.

What will be in 1.0

• Revamp Science Definitions
    • These should be more actually scientific. They should expose some of the nature of the planet, how it formed, and other mysteries of the Kerbal's solar system.
    • Minmus isn't pudding.
    • Crew and EVA reports made in first person, not second person.
    • Sensor reports (thermometer, barometer, seismometer, and gravimeter) written in third person.
    • Surface samples, Mystery Goo reports, and Material Lab reports remain in second person.
  • More advanced settings to toggle in the settings.cfg.
    • Taking suggestions for this.
  • DDS texture conversion, re-enable Kopernicus' OnDemand feature.
    • This will save a lot of memory.
Edited by GregroxMun

(Full Album)

LXJl0LL.png

bdOv3hi.png

S8c64fz.png

KpSy7D0.png

Keeping in my new idea of the Porkalike Paradigm, where the changes to the bodies should not completely overwrite the original body, here is my new Vall. It's got a lot of the original Vall back in it now, both in the shapes and the colors. I also took a little inspiration from Ganymede, of all things.

(Full Album)

nltvqDO.png

lk1AzfN.png

iB3ePtM.png

cMaijEr.png

AtUht93.png

tdc7MJV.png

This new Duna is based upon the 0.17-0.20 Duna project from RejuvenatedDuna. It has been modifed significantly and includes some aspects of the more recent Duna as well as the revamped Duna from RevSSS 0.2-0.4. Overall, a drastic improvement in my opinion over the previous Revamp of Duna. I definitely need to redo Ike now. And biomes.

erm, can there be a slightly bigger gravity well for the red moon of jool (cannot remember name)? I know it is supposed to be a challenge, but can it be, say, 9 km higher?

(I just slapped a probe into it because I did not catch it at exactly the right moment. I am a little salty)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.