I had this mod, AGX. I didn't install it because I needed all that fancy sff and 250+ action keys... No, why would I have more keys programmed than my memory can remember...

I installed it to cover a specific "flaw" in the game... That is, the impossibility of programming action groups in flight. Either because I forget to do so before launch or because I attach 2 or 3 ships and I don't want the action groups to do unwanted things...

problem is, although AGX mod has some nice stuff, like the ablity to choose hidden parts, to include in actions, its interface must be one of the most difficult to tackle, of all mods, and after upgrading to 1.0.5, and even using the latest AGX available, stopped saving the action groups, that is, I program the action groups, leave hangar, and action groups actions are erased...

is there another, simpler, mod out there that just lets me reprogram action groups in flight. Just the basic action groups, really... Or... In case there isn't, what the hell is happening with my AGX? And how can I fix it?

AGX Dev here.

If you can get me your KSP\KSP_Data\output_log.txt file that will have a log of what errors are being encountered so I can see what is happening.

However, as you mention things not saving, did you also install ModuleManager? (Find it here.)

ModuleManager is a data editing mod that AGX relies on to save it's data. If ModuleManager is not present, AGX will not save data as you have described.

D.

I'll try module manager then, but previously I didn't have module manager and it worked, the reason is, whenever possible I prefer to do all things manually and be in control of everything. By the way, ever thought of improving the interface? It's really hard to navigate.

I will admit the interface is suffering from feature bloat where I've been adding new things to the existing windows without overhauling the interface.

Having said that, the way things are designed I tried to make it take as few mouse-clicks as possible to do things, it's just that I don't have room on screen to make it clear what everything is so I realize it can get confusing.

As part of AGX's 1.1 update I'm planning to redo the first post in the thread from scratch with better instructions on how to use it, I'm hoping that will clear up how things work for you (and other players) will have an easier time with it.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.